I was just thinking....

Add your favorite recipes.

Postby Marseilles » March 6th, 2006, 9:01 am

I think even in desperation Id be careful about the spoonful of pam, it is only considered fat free in the 3 second burst or whatever they recommend as it adds a negligable amount of fat in moderation. I believe, and correct me if I am wrong, that using it in another manner is the same as using pretty much any other oil. I suppose where there is a will, there is a way, one could attempt to find some sort of fat free/sugar free yogurt or sour cream which might give the consistency required but for me, I think Ill just hold off till after the weightloss phase, as good as these brownies sound. I may, however, try and rig up some sort of chocolate cookie recipe as well. Never know until you try! :)
Marseilles
Preferred member

Yummmmy

Postby Jan » March 6th, 2006, 9:42 am

Hmmmmmm
Those brownies sound yummmmmy. :D But, I'm sitting right here with Nancy on that one. I'm the lady that ate a whole 9X13 pan of fudge one day. :x I made it, ate half of it, felt soooo bad because I'd done that , that I decided to destroy the evidence and ate the rest. Washed the baking dish and put it away. :mrgreen: This was looooong before my MF days, but you see my history. I'd know those yummy brownies were around and just have "a little extra" After all they are made with MF stuff. I tooo am not trustworthy around chocolate!!! :cry:
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby ladyhawke » March 6th, 2006, 10:46 am

I know y'all are just dying for my 2 cents so here goes, I would not even go there, have a choc divine bar and call it a day, they are so good, I can't wait to get more, max 1 per day of course.

I have an 8 yo that I do not deny treats because I'm on MF, but if I have brownies for him I freeze them into squares and after dinner if he is going to have one I put it wrapped in foil in the oven after it has been turned off so it warms up, he can get it himself and I leave the room.

I don't know but talking about forbidden food doesn't help me and if you try to duplicate something it is usually so nasty you really want the real thing, except for the oatmeal pancakes, that is a real treat.

I don't want to sound pissy but if I see people talking about beer, sausage, cake on this board I go right by it, I don't want to put the thought in my pea brain, if I wanted to stay fat I would talk about those things constantly and obsess about that junk that got me into trouble in the first place.

Keep your eyes on the prize, stay on the program and don't deviate, you won't be sorry.
ladyhawke
Preferred Member - #20 Club

It's a Go! Brownies are A-O.K.

Postby Nancy » March 6th, 2006, 3:25 pm

:byebye: Hi, Kids ~

I want to thank 'Guest' for sharing her :flip: Brownie Recipe with us.

As mentioned, I had reservations regarding the use of oil for cooking.

I checked it out with the Medifast / TSFL nutritionist and am happy to report to you her reply:

"Hi, individuals can use this recipe. It needs to be separated into 8 individual servings. Yes you can use canola or olive oil to cook with. I would recommend cooking with the canola oil over the olive oil."

Whazzat I hear? I think it's the :veedub: squealing of wheels as cars across the nation roar off to Safeway or Albertson's for canola oil!

:D Happy baking, Kids! :lol:

Our thanks to you, dear Guest for making many people :roflmao: happy bakers!

:secret: Ladyhawke, your idea of wrapping the brownie in foil for re-heating is great - thank you.

If I bake them, I will have to keep the other 7 servings in the neighbor's freezer and request that they allow me one per day. I cannot be trusted with a :bib: fork right now...

You'd think that being sick would have killed off my appetite but

No-o-o, contraire...Prednisone and an 8 pack of brownies do not mix for me at this :eat: foody time…
:cateye:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby DogMa » March 6th, 2006, 4:01 pm

If they're good, I'd eat the darn things frozen, so I'm afraid even THAT trick wouldn't be enough for me. Sigh. I'd rather just not think about brownies.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Nancy » March 6th, 2006, 4:14 pm

Robin ~ :lol:

I chuckled about your comment that you would be tempted to eat frozen brownies.

Terry used to raid the freezer all the time and scarf up the frozen cookies I'd stashed for those last-minute or unannounced guest arrivals.

I used to bake (key word USED) drop or roll-out cookies and bar cookeis weekly. He used to sacrf them up so fast that I'd freeze some for later in the week.

At CHRISTmas time, he went beserk and I got so cheesed at him for eating so many.

To save his waistline and his :lightsword: life, I used to bake them, double wrap the cookies and then hide them out in different places around the house: in the fireplace in the living room (we never used it and with the screen in place, he couldn't see them!), in an empty Kotex box in the hall closet, in between folded linen, on a dining room chair - the chairs were pushed under the table and a table cloth hid the chair seats from view. :-) He found the cookies in the fireplace...the other secret places remain secrets that is, unless Unca tells him...
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby DogMa » March 6th, 2006, 5:04 pm

HA! See all the fun I miss by being single? No treasure hunts in my house, unless you count the times I go to clean up the dog's yard (I know, sorry).
Robin

203/130/130
DogMa

Postby ladyhawke » March 6th, 2006, 5:08 pm

All I can think of is when I visited my cousin in Hawaii who is big into AA and who has helped a lot of people...I brought another dear friend of mine and dummy us...my friend brought my cousin an assortment of beers in a package from Germany.

My usual impeccably mannered cousin opened the package and screeched "I CAN'T HAVE THIS IN MY HOUSE!"

I guess the rule for AA is don't even take the first drink...don't have the stuff near you..IE your house.

I feel the same way about forbidden food..out of sight..out of mind..certainly not absence makes the heart grow fonder.
ladyhawke
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby DogMa » March 6th, 2006, 6:09 pm

Me, too. Thankfully, since I live alone, I don't have to worry about what anyone else wants to eat. I do make cakes for work sometimes, but I bring them in right away and set them out from far my desk for people to enjoy. And then just take home the empty plate.
Robin

203/130/130
DogMa

Postby falisamarie » March 6th, 2006, 6:40 pm

The recipie sounds wonderful but I have to stick to my commitment to NO oil during the weight loss phase so I now have something to look forwrd to during maintenance.

Lisa :heart:
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Serendipity » March 6th, 2006, 6:51 pm

yeah, I'm with you Lisa. Too much oil for me. I'll wait for maintenance, too.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Previous

Return to Lean Cuisine