Thinking of trying it

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Thinking of trying it

Postby CBBUTLER2 » March 8th, 2006, 10:47 am

Hello,
I am new and I have been looking into trying this.
Was wondering how much it usually cost and how to really start?
I need to lose 65lbs. and wanting to fit into some cute clothes for summer.

But I am not sure what to order.
CBBUTLER2
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby ascicles » March 8th, 2006, 12:51 pm

I can't speak for whether it works, since I just started, but there are a TON of people on here who have had success. I post on another message board (not related to diets), and we have at least 100 people who have used it with success.

The cost is quite high. You can buy a variety pack for the first month for $275 (plus a free week). This seems high, but when I crunched the numbers, it was actually on par (actually a little lower) than what I spend to feed myself in an entire month.
ascicles
Preferred Member - #110 Club
Preferred Member - #110 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » March 8th, 2006, 1:40 pm

Hi CB and welcome to the forum,
:wave:

Here's a thread that's a little related to your question:

http://www.makemethinner.com/forum/diet-5492.html

...and another thread related to ordering products:

http://www.makemethinner.com/forum/diet-4868.html

Hope this helps you...:)
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby DogMa » March 8th, 2006, 1:48 pm

I thought it was pricey, too, till I realized just how much I was spending on junk and food that I bought and then didn't eat (mostly veggies). Now I hardly spend anything at the grocery store (veggies, chicken breasts in bulk, etc.) and when I do, I know exactly how much to get and nothing gets wasted.

Of course, I HAVE spent a ton on smaller clothes because my size keeps changing. But that's one expense I can live with.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Dayna » March 8th, 2006, 6:01 pm

DogMa wrote:I thought it was pricey, too, till I realized just how much I was spending on junk and food that I bought and then didn't eat (mostly veggies).

ME TOO!!! I thought I was the only one that did that! I don't know just how many pounds (tons?) of veggies have gone bad in my refrigerator because I never got around to preparing them (usually I'd just eat a bag of popcorn instead :mrgreen: ).

Since we're replacing most of our food intake with Medifast foods, the cost doesn't end up being so bad, especially if you've had any kind of tendency to eat out. But really, and my hubby agrees, the results I've had so far would be worth any price. I look better, I feel GREAT, and the plan is so so so easy to follow. It's a no brainer. You open the packet, you eat it. You're done. I'm such a believer that I've dragged my mom and sister onto the program. It gets two thumbs up! :thumbig:

- Dayna
Someone once wrote:I'm allergic to cake. I break out in fat when I eat it.

8/05 - 275
SD - 1/17/06 - 259

Dayna
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby lameteorologa » March 9th, 2006, 7:49 am

It definitely works! As for the prices, it's kind of a steep initial investment, but it was about the price I spent on a month's worth of food, including eating out, etc. I used all of my budgeted grocery money to buy the 4-week pack (a really good starter), so I knew that was all I was eating for 4 weeks. ;) That actually helped me to stay on task!

Good luck!!
lameteorologa
Regular Member - #30 Club

Postby Diana » March 18th, 2006, 6:59 pm

You know, I think it's all relative.

Hubby and I just went through fertility treatments (to no avail, sadly). We could have bought a small car for what that cost it 4 months. And, to be honest, my first order was about the same amount we usually spend at Costco every other month.

Add to that the coffees we won't be having, the amount we won't spent on eating out, the "earned" treats we won't be having yadayadayada...

We're actually saving money on this, my first month.

You'll spend money on what you value. Also neither this nor any other program is not without sacrifice.

Does it work? The research says so. The testimonials on Take Shape for Life say so. The changes in my sister say so. And the fact that, for the first time, I truly believe I will actually be not only less than 300 lbs. but less than 200 lbs was enough reason to consider finding room in the budget in the first place.

Good luck with your decision.
Diana
Here's to our mutual success! :buddies: --Diana
Diana
Preferred Member - #120 Club
Preferred Member - #120 Club

My story

Postby dede4wd » March 18th, 2006, 7:20 pm

I travel A LOT so I am actually saving money! I ate out 3 meals a day. I guess spend somewhere around $2/meal x5=$10/day plus my little L & G. Plus that's ALL you pay for. I mean with some of those other programs, you pay a fee AND pay for the food.

I agree that buying a month's supply of food keeps me on task. I knew I needed to stay on this for a month to "get what I paid for." Now, I need to stay on it to keep feeling as GREAT as I do now and losing enough weight alone to keep me motivated to continue.

Continue to research, educate yourself, make an informed decision. Personally when I asked myself if I could afford to do this, I finally decided that I couldn't afford NOT to do this! Plus this "family" and "cheerleading section" I've gotten because of these boards is completely PRICELESS!

Take care! Welcome to the forums!
DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Nancy » March 21st, 2006, 2:21 pm

You've already had some great responses and they are all from the heart of recent users!

It costs about $10 a day for the Medifast food. It seemed like a lot of money for us initially, too but we soon realized that it was about cost neutral - we were just paying for our groceries up front, a month's worth. Since we didn't need to go to the grocery store as often, we spent less money on incidentals and junk. Like the others have mentioned, we actually saved money because we didn't go out as often and when we did, we ate better quality meals.

The savings in terms of medications, clothing (big clothing costs more than smaller clothing), groceries, the emotional turmoil of being overweight, etc. is tremendous. We feel like our monthly Auto Ship order of Medifast is like our health insurance payment - it assures us that we will have healthy meals and that it will prevent the flabbies from reappearing!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby bzlife1967 » March 21st, 2006, 2:25 pm

I was worried about the cost at first too :question: Then I had a little pep talk with myself and realized that if it was for my boys I wouldn't hesitate so why aren't I worth it???

Guess what? I AM

YOUR WORTH IT!!!!

Take the plunge, you won't regret it.

Geri
Friends are angels that lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly!
Highest 289
MF 250/216/150
Restart 02/27/07
bzlife1967
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Worth it!

Postby dede4wd » March 21st, 2006, 2:51 pm

You're TOTALLY worth it! You HAVE to put yourself first if only every once in a while! I'm sure your family would like to have you healthy and happy!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Return to Come on in.