New and thinking of doing this plan but I have some ?'s

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

New and thinking of doing this plan but I have some ?'s

Postby funkyfe » April 29th, 2004, 10:22 am

Hello everyone! My name is Felicia and I am seriously thinking of trying the Medifast. I compete in pageants and have about 30 pounds to loose by July. I just have a couple of questions
1. Can you get it at your local store or health food store?
2. If not where do you get it so its not over 500.00 (ima college student so im poor! :lol: )
3. Do you think I could acheive 30 pounds in a couple of months? :shock:
4. I dont like chocolate, so what other flavors would be good to try?

Here are my stats

154 pounds at 5"6

Goal 124-130

Thanks again for all of your help! :D
funkyfe

Postby Unca_Tim » May 4th, 2004, 9:21 am

Hi Felicia and welcome to the forum,
Sorry we seemed to have missed you here. Occasionally a post will slip through the cracks.

Medifast is only available online and in a few clinics across the country. You'll have to check locally to see if it's available in any clinics near you.

The "Modified 5-1" plan would be best for you, as you don't have alot of weight to lose. You should be able to reach your goal in a couple months if you stay true to the plan. You can follow the modified plan for around 300/month.

There's a wide variety of shake flavors and other meal replacements to choose from. Everyone seems to have their own faves.

An important thing for you to do while you're on the plan, is to read up on good nutrition and think about a life change in your eating and exercise habits. Once the weight is gone doesn't mean it will stay off, if you go back to your old eating habits. The key to keeping it off is eating regular (meaning 5-7 meals/day) portion controlled, balanced meals throughout the day. You want to keep your body satisfied with nutritious food constantly. This keeps your blood sugars level and burns fat for energy rather than storing it. There's nothing worse than eating 1-2 large carb-filled, sugar laden processed food meals daily. This causes the body to be, in essence, starving in between meals and storing fat rather than efficiently processing your food.

Hope this helped,
:)
Unca
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby shineface » May 12th, 2004, 8:06 am

Welcome!!!!!!

This works - look at my stats!!!!

I am a BIG LOSER --- I haven’t been on line much lately because my job has had me really busy --- BUT I feel it is so important to let you know that you are in the right place!!!

I still get in here and read as many posts as I can – just not enough time to answer all of them or put my two cents in --- it’s driving me crazy BECAUSE this forum is life-saving!!! The information, people, care, concern and MF of course is what has given me the strength to achieve the awesome results I have gotten. THIS IS THE LAST DIET WE EVER HAVE TO GO ON – the last time I ever have to lose this weight!!!!

I am so glad you are here!!!!! AND look forward to being able to share on a more regular basis ---SOON – I need everyone!!!!

Keep shakin’ and readin’ and postin’ and slurpin’ and drink-drink-drink as much water as you can take – the whole combo is so important and….

WE WILL do this together!!!
:stroll:
Pam -"I AM the ME in MEdifast"
Start = 1/24/04 70 down 60 up
5/1/05=279.6
You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf. - Unknown
shineface
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Return to Come on in.