The quest to be a perfect 10!

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Postby Principessa » April 29th, 2005, 6:06 am

WOW! I think I AM PMSing! I never have very strong symptoms, and I can count the number of times I've had any cramping (don't hate me!), so I usually don't pay much attention to that sort of thing, even at 31yo! But Aunt Flo IS due next week. I guess I've never paid attention to cravings because I've rarely stayed true to any weight loss plan for more than a month and when I'm NOT trying to lose weight I just give in to every craving regardless of the TOM. Kind of makes me feel better to know that this is normal... now I can't wait until TOM comes so that these cravings will subside!
Today after classes get out at school we have a faculty BBQ. We've just completed our accreditation process (pending approval in two weeks) so there's a BBQ to celebrate. I think that I'm going to show up a little late, do my lean and green there if possible, and leave as soon as I possibly can.
Mary

31yo. 4'11"
Start Date 4/4/05
BMI: 36.4/32.4/23.2
Principessa
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby dlr2424 » April 29th, 2005, 10:50 am

Mary.........great plan.......that way you'll set yourself up for success!!!!........You can still celebrate with your co-workers w/o the food........enjoy your day..........and may those devious.......... :twisted: ......... little cravings subside
Donna....dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby doglover » April 29th, 2005, 12:14 pm

Hey Mary - my temptaions were truly tested today (no, I have NOT bought PB) but my hubby called to meet me for lunch today at our local chinese buffet. I had not told him of my chinese PMS craving. I decided to go. For a bit more info, I am having a BAD hormonal month this time (does anyone else fluctuate like that?) and I am not feeling 100% today. I feel tired and weak and achy. Think I'm fighting a cold. So I said yes to lunch and said to myself - "self, if you decide to eat off plan it is ok. You can start over. You are beginning to think about being done and maybe you need to indulge". Well.....

I went to the buffet and went to the salad portion. Put greens on 1/2 my plate. I then looked at everything else. Fruits, General Tso Chicken, Lo Mein and NOTHING looked good! I just had no appetite for it! I had some broccoli and chicken breast (not breaded) and some green beans. I was so ready to just eat anything and found it did not look appealing!

Could this mean my mind is starting to think like a thin person? Wow, I was shocked at myself. I won and I wasn't even trying to fight!

Felt really good!
Thanks for listening!
Donna
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby bikipatra » April 29th, 2005, 12:30 pm

Donna you did great! Around here in DC I never really ate really bad stuff at restaurants except Mexican. A couple of margaritas, chips, a fried chimichanga with fatty sour cream sauce, rice, beans. I guess I could order shrimp or fajitas but I would want to eat too much and I would want tortillas so I will stay away for now... I had a problem this month with PMS but I didn't know it was PRE-MS for a few days because I have been so irregular since I gained weight. I just thought I was going crazy! :roll:
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby want2Bthin » April 29th, 2005, 1:11 pm

Donna-
I am so proud of you! That is awesome. I love chinese so I am not sure I could of been so strong.

I can relate to the bad PMS. Just a couple weeks I thought I might go crazy. I was very much in pain as well as a complete butt for a while. I hope you feel better soon.

Angelia :D
want2Bthin

Postby raederle » April 29th, 2005, 1:59 pm

Great day, Donna!!! I'm wondering about your question-- whether you're starting to think like a thin person. Interesting idea! I do really hope there comes a time when we all just naturally shy away from most fatty/carby/unhealthy foods without thinking about it. I think that I've come to feel revulsion toward a lot of the foods I used to not even think twice about before downing-- like creamy soups, fried & breaded items, and thick oily sauces. For some reason, though, peanuts, ice cream, and cheese still look pretty darn good!

I'm reading an interesting book a friend told me about called the Thin Commandments-- I'm just starting it, but it seems to focus on helping people come to terms with foods they historically lose control with. The theory seems to be that different foods just make different people lose it, so any long-term maintenance strategy must address those food histories. You will need to find a way to deal with PB ;) but might still be able to have peanuts as often as you like; I may have to avoid cheese but could do well eating butter when I want... etc. I'll let you know how the book turns out, because it may very well be the case that you CAN and DO think like a thin person with most foods, and just need to be wary of *certain* foods. I'll keep reading!

Mean time, you kicked General Tsao's BUTT!!!

:mrgreen:
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
Reached goal (125) 3/27/05
New goal: 130
I'll reach it again, one day at a time
raederle
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby bikipatra » April 29th, 2005, 2:26 pm

I didn't realize how much cream soup I used to eat! I buy my groceries online at Peapod and to make your shopping easier you can just select from your previous purchases rather than "search". I was going through my "Master List" last night and I swear, every Chunky Cream Soup was on there like Baked Potato and Steak! Not to mention anything Stouffers ever put in an orange box. I used to consider those my "midnight snacks". What's a little 570 calorie steak and mashed potato dinner gonna do?? :x I swear, I should wear bright orange pants, because my belly and butt are mostly due to Stouffer's! :roll:
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby doglover » April 29th, 2005, 5:08 pm

I would be really interested in your review of that book Rae bec. even if I do have "thinnie" thoughts that PB sure is a bad one to avoid! If the book gives strategies or deep seated reasons maybe I'd need to get it! So let me know!

Now...on another thought...I watched Oprah today (friday afternoon splurge for me!) and today was a woman whose husband is upset bec. she has gotten so heavy. Two things stuck out from the show:
1) Women will become a "self fulfulling prophecy". If we think we are not good enough and don't deserve what we have or who we have (spouses) or we will become like our mothers, then we usually do! We believe those things which then makes them happen!

2) Some women will hide behind weight bec. it is "safe". It protects us from ourselves. This woman today said in an offhanded and not really thinking about it too much way that she feels "safe" in bars from men. She doesn't even have to "go there" w/ guys bec. at 225 lbs they don't look at her twice. Therefore she doesn't have to worry about cheating on her husband. But then she said she would never think about cheating and the psychologist and Oprah pointed out that she had JUST talked about cheating! We may be comforting ourselves in an emotional way w/ our fat to not have to "go there". Now I'm not saying all skinny women are loose or that we would be, but it made me think about my own fear of the 150 mark. I think I will ponder these two things somemore.

Anyway, if anyone else saw this and wants to add some thoughts.
Have a great evening!
Donna
Feb 7, 2005 start date
doglover

Postby bikipatra » April 29th, 2005, 6:04 pm

I watched that lady on Oprah too. I could not believe the way her husband hit on that woman in the gym! I don't know what kind of clubs that woman is going to, but in DC men have never stopped hitting on me. Admittedly, I have fewer offers than I used to, but there are still dogs out there! I even pointed out to a few, "I am fat! Leave me alone!" "Yeah, but you're beautiful" they say! I was flattered for a minute but I have heard men in bars tell some awfully homely women that they are cute! I then remind them that I am also MARRIED. Tipsy men don't care. Of course, I really had no business going out to bars drinking alone. That sent a certain "signal" I guess about my availability. I do use my fatness to hide from social situations though. I tell myself that I will join the DC chapter of my college alumni club when I am thin since I don't want people to look at me "like this". The few friends I have made in DC I avoid so I won't have to see the shock in their eyes at how I have let myself go... I put off visiting my family in Dallas because I am afraid of running into old friends who still think I am skinny. So yes, it is like a prison I have made for myself.
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby DonicaB » April 30th, 2005, 8:06 am

Hey girls, I saw the show also (at least that part of it). I agree Biki, I could not believe how her husband hit on the girl at the gym. (He didn't do it very well either, notice how the girl blew him off ;)

I think he uses her weight as an excuse to look elsewhere. The problems here definitely go much deeper than her weight.

I thought Oprah let him off the hook awfully easy. It seemed like they were making her to be at fault for their marital problems. I agree she has some issues as Donna clearly stated in her post, but he has issues as well.

Oprah kept saying he married you as a thin person and that was his expectations, yada, yada, yada. You know when my husband and I got married I looked hot, I was thin and fit and so was he. I never once thought, I am marrying him as a thin and fit person and he better stay that way. I married him because I love him, all of him, not just his body. Now, mind you my husband is still thin, and somewhat fit, he tries, but it has not changed my love for him at all.

I know my husband would like me to be thinner, but he has never once said I was fat, that I wasn't appealing to him anymore, or anything remotely close. He doesn't flirt with other women, he doesn't accept gifts (like the CD that man had) from other women because we have a good relationship. We communicate, we spend time together, we LOVE each other. We don't go out to bars with friends, and we don't put ourselves in situations that could lead to things that would destroy our marriage. We are committed to one another.

I felt sorry for that woman, she deserves better, she deserves someone who will love her no matter what. I definitely agree with the 2 things you mentioned above Donna. I believe I have held on to this weight because of some fear of being thin and because I LOVE to eat. I'm not sure what that fear is, I can say I know it is NOT because I am afraid I will cheat on my husband.

Definitely an interesting segment of the show. I just would have liked to see that man get hammered by the women in the audience for his insensitivity.

By the way, I didn't think he was ALL THAT either.

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby doglover » April 30th, 2005, 9:50 am

Excellent thoughts Donica! I agree that I was so PI..ED at Oprah for how she was talking to the woman before the commercial break. After they got back it seemed like Oprah was saying that she should ifnd someone who will love HER for who she is. And that guy did get off WAY TOO EASY! He was slimy and gross, in my opinion. For the first time ever I really wanted to e-mail Oprah. I usually like her but she made me so mad at some of her comments. But then I fell asleep!

Anyway, I had all those same thought Donica about the show but I thought the two points were interesting to ponder. I myself don't ever plan to cheat on my hubby but it makes me wonder what I may be "hiding behind" with being unable to get to a certain weight.

Have a great weekend everyone!
Donna
Feb 7, 2005 start date
doglover

Postby DonicaB » April 30th, 2005, 1:35 pm

I agree those 2 points were excellent to ponder and I too wonder why I am hiding behind the FAT.

You should be so proud, Donna, that you kept losing and continue to lose past your 1st goal regardless of hiding from something. Maybe we will figure it out together on our journey. I sure all of us will be thinking about what we are hiding from.

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby dlr2424 » April 30th, 2005, 4:52 pm

Donna..........&..........Donica.............I THREE...if that makes sense....need to figure out some deep seeded childhood weight issues........nothing to do with my husband though........thank God..........we both have a strong commitment towards each other and take our wedding vows very seriously...........now that's not to say I don't want to send him to the moon at times or vice versa...... :lightbeam: ......but I wouldn't want to imagine life without him.... :no: ....so big or small.....sick or well......God willing we're together forever.... :angel: ......so knowing that he's not the deep seeded reason for the weight I'm left to figure it out.......another thing on my list to work on.......
Donna...dlr

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424

Postby DonicaB » May 1st, 2005, 4:43 pm

I don't know about you, Donna, but my list of things to work on seems to be growing. I wish I would just get myself figured out so that I can live normal. What is normal, though? Maybe we are normal.......... :huh: Scary thought! :roflmao:

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby Principessa » May 3rd, 2005, 9:12 am

Interesting thoughts on all of the Oprah comments. I wonder what inner feelings made me so weak in my attempts to avoid temptation this weekend. I didn't post in Roll Call on Sunday because I was off plan on Friday-Sunday. On Friday we had a BBQ at work, and I started off with the intention of having a bunless burger... but then my hotdog craving from last week kicked in... had both... then went back for seconds and had a second burger WITH bun. Felt icky afterwards and went to be early without my supplements.
Then on Saturday I had to get up early to supervise set up for the Prom. I ended up being away from home for all but 1 hour from 8:00am to 12:30am. I had set up a plan to get my supplements in... but I blew it within the first two hours when I gave in to Krispy Kremes that the kids brought in. So shake in the am before leaving... 2 Krispy Kremes... then I finally got a chance to go home... had to take a quick shower and change into a nice dress, and I ended up scarfing a whole entire cheapo Totino's frozen pepperoni pizza as I was getting ready. The thing has been in my freezer since before I started on April 4th. I've resisted until now. Then a cold taco from Taco Bell that the photographer offered at about 10:30pm... Then I caved on Sunday... and went for that Cheesesteak and Cheese Fries fix that I had wanted to get in before starting the plan. I ate horribly. Weighed in yesterday and I was still at a 16lb. loss. Got back on plan yesterday, and now I'm at a 17.2lb loss total. Plus I'm supposed to start my period any time now, so I'm guessing that I'm suffering from a little bloating that I usually have beforehand (I usually drop weight as soon as my period starts) and I also have had a BM since my splurge, so I'm hoping to drop more in the next few days. That will be great motivation while I'm getting myself back into ketosis.
I got a great compliment at the prom. A girl that I don't even have as a student got up from her table and made it a point to walk up to me and tell me, "I just wanted to tell you that you look really pretty tonight!" How sweet! I don't even know this girl! I need to stay on plan so that I can hear more and more compliments like that!
So... I'm back on plan... one day at a time.
Mary

31yo. 4'11"
Start Date 4/4/05
BMI: 36.4/32.4/23.2
Principessa
Trusted Member - #10 Club

PreviousNext

Return to The Weight Room