I CAN SEE!!!!!!!!!! ALMOST PERFECT!!!!!!!!

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

I CAN SEE!!!!!!!!!! ALMOST PERFECT!!!!!!!!

Postby martha » August 3rd, 2005, 6:43 pm

Hi everyone--

Well I am back and can see 20/20 farsighted but blind as a bat nearsighted :mrgreen: ..It was so nice to ride and read the signs on the way to N.Orleans without glasses on.. Of course it rained part of the day and still is pretty bad at this time..They can't fix the nearsightedness but I only need over the counter reading glasses for that..No prescriptions any more :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Of course this created a problem when I got home today and couldn't read the instructions on the bottle of steroid drops he gave me to use..Mom couldn't either :mrgreen: talk about the blind leading the blind :mrgreen: Doug called and told me his reading glasses were on the Family Bible and they worked :mrgreen: Now I just have to go out 1 day and buy me a pair of reading glasses as I thought my old glasses would work--WRONG!!!!!! can we say DUH!!! :mrgreen: Will try to get them on Friday when I take my mom to have her next back nerve blocky thing..have to be there at 6:30am about 1 hour away..I guess we will know if my eyes work in the dark or not HUH??Everything went extremely well. Don't know what I was so scared about.. Very simple procedure.. Because I am over the tender age of 45 I will probably have dry eyes for up to 6 months(adding liquid tears when needed) and I am using steroids and antibotics till the bottles are gone only.. He did want to use the Levaquin when I got there and insisted he would but after he had me describe my near death experience with it he decided against it :mrgreen: I am the only one in over 10,000 he says he ever changed the script for ..more chance of infection without the Levaquin but I told him God got me this far he's not about to let me down.. :D Faith goes a long way.. GOD IS GOOD!!1
The passing out seems to have been an allergy to laxatives..YES I SAID LAXATIVES :mrgreen: :mrgreen: talked to my doctor today and that's the only thing he can think of.. of course he laughed-- they are not suppose to make you sweat so badly you have to strip your clothes off or make you nauseous or dizzy or severe stomach cramps..this has only happened 1 other time when I took 2 of them at 1 time.. got very sick but never thought about being sensitive to them.. I have never been a person who took them and the few times I have I only took 1.. even though I felt funny I never thought you could be allergic to a laxative.. go figure..now he has me taking fiber pills..
Thanks to all of you for your prayers and for caring about my recovery.. I go for a checkup again in 3 weeks.. I still have to wear eye shields for 3 nights to sleep but other than that I CAN SEE!!!!!!!!! PRAISE GOD.. Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby want2Bthin » August 3rd, 2005, 7:13 pm

Martha-

Glad you checked with the doctor. I was a little concerned. Yes, God is good!

Angelia
want2Bthin
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Sablebaby » August 3rd, 2005, 7:13 pm

Martha!

So glad you made it through with flying colors!!!!!!! I'm so happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Must be cool to not to have to wear glasses.

I have been wearing contacts for years. I can't see without them! I think I was at 20/800 the last time I checked (couple of years ago!). I am scared to have Lasix. There is always a chance to go blind and I'd rather wear contacts than go blind! Of course I ONLY mention this AFTER you went through it! :mrgreen:

Now have fun!!!! :mrgreen:
Heather
Sablebaby
Trusted Member

Postby LeeannNH » August 3rd, 2005, 7:21 pm

hey martha

im so happy to hear that you are doing well! i was scared for you with your eye drop dilemma. i am so happy to hear that everything worked itself out.

as for laxatives---that is wild! did they tell you what "ingredient" in the laxative you are allergic to? my goodness...i am glad you went to see your doc

take care of yourself and congrats on the new eyes!
leeann :mrgreen:
Starting weight on Nov. 3, 2008: 220 | Present weight: 220 | Goal: 135
LeeannNH
Trusted Member

Postby martha » August 3rd, 2005, 8:00 pm

No he just said one of the ingredients that makes you go :mrgreen: DUH!!!! sometimes they make me laugh so hard.. I too am so glad the Lasik thing is over and yes I knew the risk as I had to sign my life away on 4 pages of what ifs before they did the surgery but this man had done over 10,000 and no complaints at the BBB.. My son-in-laws uncle used him too.. so I just went for it..God is so GOOD!!!!! Thanks--Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
267.5/189.5/130
martha

Postby Emma » August 4th, 2005, 8:37 am

Hi Martha:

I've been thinking about you all week! I'm so glad everything went smoothly and now you can see! I can't imagine the feeling, how cool.

I'm so glad your fainting the other night was solved - I'm sure you're still a little banged up, so take it easy. So happy you're well.

emma
:D
Started MF: 5/18/05
5'10"

Emma
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Alisha » August 4th, 2005, 9:53 am

Martha I'm sorry this post is so belated - our internet has been down since last Thursday - but I've been cheering for you!

I'm so glad that everything turned out well! How exciting to be able to see without prescriptive eyewear!

You are such a trooper! You face every battle head on and woe be tied if something gets in your way. I'm overjoyed and proud of you.

I'm also glad you talked to the doc about those laxitives! My life! What a horrible experience! I've never taken a laxitive after a little run in with Ex-Lax when I was a child. Stupid me thought it was chocolate! Ugh! I won't go into the details but I'm sure you can imagine. I suffered with terrible, disabling IBS before Medifast (yay MF!!) and my doctor prescribed me fiber packets along with an anti-spasmodic. I never thought I'd see myself taking something like Metamucil at the age of 33, but it worked a treat! Now, thanks to MF, I don't need anything at all! I just drown myself in water and everything works out fine! :)

I wish you all the very best with everything.

Alisha :rose:
"I can resist everything but temptation"

~Oscar Wilde

Alisha
Trusted Member - #40 Club

Postby martha » August 4th, 2005, 11:41 am

ALISHA--

Thanks for the kind words.. my mom gave us ex-lax in hot chocolate as kids-- this should of been considered child abuse in my book :mrgreen: as we all got the same amount and didn't need it.. So I know what you mean..I never had these problems before MF and Doug got the opposite affect but I know I don't drink all of my water sometimes.. I am going to try really hard to start..I now have a pitcher in the icebox to measure with..Before I just guessed and Doug would drink out of mine sometimes.. but he is gone back to the boats now so that isn't an issue anymore.. Glad your internet is back up and running as I love to read your posts.. Thanks again..Martha

EMMA--
Thank you also.. I love to get posts form you too. You are doing a great job with your program.. keep up the good work and I can't wait till we are all at our GOALS!!!---.Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
267.5/189.5/130
martha

Return to Come on in.