The quest to be a perfect 10!

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Perfect 10

Postby Jan » May 3rd, 2005, 12:41 pm

Hey everyone don't be so hard on yourselves -- Many of us are overweight not because of some deep seated problem from childhood or otherwise but simply because we live in a society of eating. "Lets celebrate and go to dinner! " " Oh you did so well lets reward you with a special goodie or meal "and on and on. We also socialize around food -- "lets get together and go out to dinner-- lets have a potluck -- meet me for coffee"-- of course not just coffee but we have to eat a treat too! Plus then we have the food industry -- not our friend-- many many ads of how simply wonderful everything is - a new taste treat - and lets supersize that -- have you noticed Burger Kings new huge breakfast sandwich -- enough calories for 2 -3 days. Not only that but some restaurants actually add chemicals so that we'll be lured in by the smell!! It's darn hard to stay on program. Making the right food choices is not always easy either -- the ads get to us too! WHAT TO DO?? See food for simply what it is-- a way to maintain our bodies -- unglamorize it-- Also keep in mind you won't always have to say no -- once in awhile when you've reached your goal you'll be able to indulge -- but I bet it won't taste nearly as good as you thought. And as Nancy says "nothing tastes as good as thin feels" Hang in there you'll make it -- so will I :D :D
Jan
Preferred member

Postby Principessa » May 5th, 2005, 8:33 am

Day 31. I'm just trucking along. After the slip-ups last weekend I didn't participate in Roll Call on Sunday, but I know that since then I have lost anything I might have put on, plus some! This morning my total weight loss was 19.4#! I love it! I love pulling old things out of my closet and being about to squeeze in to alot of them... and although nothing is literally falling off of me yet (those hips sure can hold alot up!) I do have a growing pile of clothes that I don't want to wear anymore because they are baggy enough that they look ill-fitting and not at all flattering. Not that they were flattering at my higher weight... but at least then I filled them out. So now I'm thrilled to watch that pile of clothes grow and grow. Happy to be getting rid of clothes that I have worn far too often because they were the few things in my closet that seemed to decently cover up my obese shape. I have a skirt on today that is in a very slimming style. Very straight skirt that falls right above the knee. A bit of spandex in the fabric, so it keeps a nice slim line. Although it's only one size down from where I started, I truly believe that at some point it shrunk a little in the wash. Most of the clothes I have that are one size down are actually getting loose, and I can put on clothes that are two sizes down and they go on... they aren't always as comfortable as I would like, or they hug my bowl-o-jelly belly more than I'd like... but they go on. I love this!

Next Friday I go to pick up my fiance. We've had a long-distance relationship for over a year and a half (have known each other for much longer) and I haven't seen him since the beginning of January. Next Friday our separation will officially be over forever! Three years ago we went on a 6-week road trip and I have a few dresses that I wore alot during that trip. They are two sizes smaller than I started at, and I can now get them on and zipped up. They don't look good on... but they go on. I'd love to be able to wear one of them to the airport to pick him up. Might be more than I can pull off over the next week, but even if I don't get them on by then, it will only be a matter of weeks before I can! This feels soooo great!
I love this feeling of shrinking! And I'm only 0.6#'s away from the #20 club!

I've noticed that my tastes have changed a little over this past month. When I first tried the Dutch Chocolate they weren't a favorite... I preferred the Swiss Mocha... but now it's the reverse. I look forward to my shake in the mornings. I doctor up a vanilla shake with some instant coffee, splenda, and hershey's cocoa powder and blend it with lots of ice. Yum! It's my own little frozen coffee treat! And now I can't wait for my first class period to get over when I'm at work, because I soooo look forward to my dutch chocolate shake with 5 ice cubes, right out of the shaker cup.

I love this stuff! And 19.4#'s in 31 days? Without exercising? And without dying of hunger? AND with 4 days in there where I wasn't compliant (wine, cheeseburger and hotdog with buns, cheesesteak sandwich and cheese fries, pizza)? This stuff is a medi-miracle!
Mary

31yo. 4'11"
Start Date 4/4/05
BMI: 36.4/32.4/23.2
Principessa
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby DonicaB » May 5th, 2005, 9:07 am

Hi Mary~~ I have been wondering about you. It looks like things are going well. Good for you. :yippee:

You are gonna look great for your fiance. I betcha he notices right away how good you look. I'm so glad you will not have to be apart any more. I know that had to be very difficult.

My husband was shipped overseas for the 1st Gulf War one month before our 2nd son was born. He was gone for 4.5 months and I thought my life was over without him near me. (Now look how long our soldiers are gone :( ) I was absolutely miserable. He, of course, missed the birth of our son, which was very hard on him. Now the 2 of them are very close and do tons of stuff together. Being apart can be so hard but it definitely drew he and I closer. It really helped our marriage, I can't really explain how, it just did.

We are gonna look so good when school starts next year huh? I can't wait to buy all new clothes because all of my old ones will be HUGE. :lol:

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby Principessa » May 5th, 2005, 11:29 am

Donica,
I was just thinking about how smokin' I am gonna be looking at the beginning of next school year. And since I teach freshman those new kids I haven't won't realized that I've ever been anything but thin... until they hear other kids talk about how much weight I've lost. I can't wait to start the year off like that!
I understand what you mean about the separation helping your marriage. For Jose and me, we have learned alot about communication in our relationship. We haven't been able to things like physical presence for granted, so we have to depend on clear communication for intimacy and closeness. Also, we have learned how to be a couple, but still be our own individuals. We have gone on with our lives and learned to share as a couple, but still maintain our independence. I know that part of that while change as Jose adjusts to being here and depends on me for all of his social life... but as his circle of friends here grows we will return to being more independent. It's been good for us, even though it's been tough. I wouldn't voluntarily go through it again if I didn't have to, but it has had it's benefits.
Mary

31yo. 4'11"
Start Date 4/4/05
BMI: 36.4/32.4/23.2
Principessa
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby dlr2424 » May 5th, 2005, 12:07 pm

....Mary I love reading your posts..thanks for sharing your heart with us........ :heart: .........and i'm so happy Jose will be coming here for good.... :yes: ....keep shaking you can do this !!!!!!!
and Happy Teachers week to you as well......... :rose:
Donna...dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Previous

Return to The Weight Room