The Drink of FIRE!

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

The Drink of FIRE!

Postby BerkshireGrl » October 20th, 2004, 7:17 pm

This is a big thank you to Mike for his Drink of Fire idea...

Yesterday and today (Days 4 and 5) have been tough for me. I'm guessing that now all my glycogen stores are totally gone and my bod is breaking down the dreaded pudge. And it REALLY WANTS bad food.

Yesterday I had an extra bar and that was very effective, though I know that's a no-no. I was sick, and I don't know if that had something to do with it, but instead of being full for 3 hours by a supplement, my stomach was actually growling and I felt dizzy after 1 measly hour. I toughed it out to 2 hours between "meals" but my stomach was complaining.

Tonight, on my way home from work at 5:30, again, starving, although I had had a shake at 4, I was seriously jonesing for the take-out. I forced myself to not turn in anywhere, to get straight home, and ate dinner of 5 oz. of chicken and a cup and a half of beets, and a packet of MF Oatmeal.

As I vegged in front of the TV, absorbing "Smallville" (oh the shame) ;) again, more stupid cravings! I blame this on a solid bad habit I had for like 3 years now of eating giant amounts of food in front of the TV.

So... I went into the kitchen and made some Super Chicken Broth - 2 tsp. powder in a cup of boiling water plus a few shakes of real Mexican hot sauce (Cholula, and it ROCKS). I drank this down while twitching on the couch, and suddenly there was so much heat on my taste buds and in my mouth, there was no room for cravings!

Thank you oh Mike for the Craving Killer. I think I might have dug into a whole box of MF Peanut Butter Bars if I hadn't drunk that.

PHEW!
BerkshireGrl
Preferred member

Postby explorthis » October 20th, 2004, 7:55 pm

lololol... Don't that's what it was designed to do "burn the buds" but if it works, more power to ya!

Thanks for the hoot!

-Mike
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby DutchChoc » October 20th, 2004, 8:36 pm

Yeah, Sarah, you are making it just fine. Being honest, it's nip&tuck sometimes getting through the spartan periods without caving. I would say that it gets easier, because it does, but then later it seems to get "challenging" again! There will be probably weeks on end that will be more effortless than the start-up phase, though.

Re nice spicy stuff, I'm able to buy Maggi Spicy Chicken Bouillion that already has a nice punch, usually in the more international foods area. Very good and satisfying.

We do what it takes to ride this train to Thinsville. Tomorrow when you wake up a tad thinner, you'll feel great about making it through today -- at least that's what helps me get through some days.

Take care!!
Ending weight MF 10/2004: 126
Starting weight 12/1/08: 168 :-(
Loss December: -7/-0
DutchChoc
Preferred member

Postby Nancy » October 25th, 2004, 11:28 pm

Oh, yum! Now I wanna Fire Drink, too! Think I'll have one now. I like Cholula, too!

That Mike - he's got FLAMES on his shirt, for pity sake! I am :lol: he shared his Fire Drink recipe with everyone.

(Did I ever tell you that I want flames on my Vee Dub?)

Dutch, I am gonna look for the Maggi Spicy Chix. I use Maggi as a seasoning for carrots and other veggies and [Folks, if you are on the weight loss phase, do NOT read this and do not do it, it is not allowed on the weight loss phase....I use Maggi as a flavor enhancer for gravy.)

Dutch, I just never noticed the spicy Maggi stuff and well, Leopard Woman IS hot! I'll look for it this week when I hit the market.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Return to The Weight Room