cant drink my water..

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Postby fedup » June 3rd, 2005, 6:51 am

Like everyone's said, water is a HUGE part of the program, at least it is for me. I did MF back in the fall and I'm back here now, but when I did it the first time around it seemed like the days I didn't get TONS of water the scale was stuck, but when I chugged that water the pounds kept on coming steadily off! It's like, Medifast + Water + this forum = success!!

I usually fill my 64 ounce jug and make sure I drink it before I leave work. Then I chug more large glasses when I'm home at night also. It also really helped my skin also.
Christy 5'5" age-34
Fresh start: Sept. 15, 2005 (240/ 240/ 160)
"Time to 'release the butterfly' inside
fedup
Trusted Member

Postby Mommy2girls » June 3rd, 2005, 1:15 pm

I am a former Medifast and current Medifast user! (I lost a lot of weight 7 years ago MFing) and now I'm doing it AGAIN! Anyway, when I did it the first time (all supplements no food under a doctor's care) they could not stress enough how important water is to this program. I can safely say that Medifast made me be a regular water drinker. I crave water. I know when I haven't had enough water. It is so ingrained in my life that I can't imagine not having my daily water. I also drink 1 diet soda per day and 1 cup of half regular half decaf coffee a day. The rest is all water.

I would suggest using a larger cup. I find it more difficult to keep track with smaller glasses/cups. My cups usually hold 20 to 24 oz of water so I can mentally say "okay, 3 of this is a good start" and I will sometimes have more, but I average about 65-80 oz of water a day.

My 4 year old said this to me the other day "Mom, why are you going to the bathroom AGAIN?" My answer? "Because Mommy drinks lots and lots of water!" :water:

Make water a habit and you will forever be able to consume it without a problem!

Sheila
Mommy2girls
Preferred Member - #40 Club

cant drink my water...

Postby seejoy » June 3rd, 2005, 5:55 pm

Welcome to the forum, I started MF May 3, and have been in the forum for about a week, but I was reading all of the post for about two or three weeks before I signed in. What a great group you have come to!

Anyway back to the water thing, I am not a drinker of anything I hate to drink. So drinking water has been the hard part for me. I have tried all of the flavored waters and I think I have found THE BEST EVER flavored water. The name of it is AquaCal calcium fortified, 0-calories, 0-sodium, 0-sugars, 100mg of calcium, 70mg of potassium, and 0-fat. The peach mango taste just like you are biting into a big juiciy peach and the grape taste like a grape soda, the strawberry taste just like a strawberry. It has really helped me want to drink my water! If you get a chance try it.
seejoy
Newbie - #10 Club

Postby Guest » June 3rd, 2005, 9:13 pm

Hi seejoy,
That water sounds perfectly delicious. :water: Where do you get it - and is it sold in a six pack or do you have to buy them individually. Thanks for sharing....you know I've heard that we need potassium, so what a bonus that it has that & calcium too. I'd :heart: to try it.

Thanks again! :thumbup:

Postby Paula » June 3rd, 2005, 11:51 pm

I was interested too so I looked up their website. It's available in lots of stores. Ingles, By Lo, CVS, A&P, Super Fresh, Fareway Stores, AND in the South... Walmart, Kroger, Piggley Wiggley, IGA. You can also order on line, meridianclear, add the dot com. Thanks for sharing, seejoy. I'm going to look for this tomorrow.
Paula
Start 1/2/2005

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
Paula
Regular Member - #60 Club

Postby martha » June 4th, 2005, 1:07 pm

Welcome--- WATER is one of my favorite things to drink.. I used to think it tasted horrible but finally realized it was all in my head as water to me has no taste at all. there is alot of flavored water out there and alot of people think its better than just plain old water but I prefer my well water the most.. It definelty has a lot to do with your weight loss sucess and as most have already said it helps with the dry skin, nails and hair problems you usually get with weight loss plans.. congratulaions and good luck with your water intake.. Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

cant drink my water...

Postby seejoy » June 4th, 2005, 3:32 pm

Paula, thanks for looking up all of the places they sell the AquCal. So far the only place I have been able to buy it is at CVS. I live close to Ft. Worth, Texas and they do not sell it by the case. I have asked them if they will order it for me by the case because when I come in I buy all they have, they said they will try. I just never thought about looking on the bottle for their web site until you did, so I think I will just order it from them. Be careful when you drink this stuff because for me it has become very addictive I have to have it now, but at least I get my water in every day.
seejoy
Newbie - #10 Club

Previous

Return to Come on in.