cant drink my water..

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

cant drink my water..

Postby Leslie and Rick » June 1st, 2005, 7:19 pm

hello all... my first post here..and i want to know about water and how important is it to my loss??
Leslie and Rick

Postby Nancy » June 1st, 2005, 7:22 pm

:water: Water is VERY VERY VERY important for weight loss.

It is VITAL.

It flushes out the fat cells and gets rid of the toxins and the residue from flabbage burning...

Hey, welcome to you! :clap:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Paula » June 1st, 2005, 10:57 pm

It also makes me feel better and helps me feel full. I think my skin and hair are better too, but I tend to be really dried out from medications I take.
Welcome to the forum. You'll love it here! Lots and lots of great information and helpful, friendly folks.
Best of luck and congratulations on finding Take Shape for Life.

Paula
Paula
Regular Member - #60 Club

Postby doglover » June 2nd, 2005, 4:37 am

Welcome to the forum! I used to HATE water. I started this knowing I had to get lots in so for a few months I used the chrystal lite flavoring in my water. I am now off that 100% and have no trouble at all getting all the necessary water + more in every day! I am really thirsty (or at least now recognize it as thirst!) and drink all the time. My water bottles are a constant companion!

So do what you need to at first to get it in and then it will become easy and a habit!
Donna
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Water

Postby Seaside » June 2nd, 2005, 5:34 am

Water is VERY important, I have come to see. I am still a big diet soda fiend, but the pounds just did not start coming off til I added 2 liters of water a day to my plan. I feel better (don't like running to the bathroom every 10 minutes, but that equalizes) and my skin looks better.

I have Crystal Lite, too, but it doesn't have that soda "fizz" that I crave. Wal-Mart sells a store brand of calorie-carb-sodium free flavored fizzy water, in handy 1-liter bottles, for 50 cents. For $7.00/week (the cost of 2 12-packs of name brand soda) I can get all my water in, with tasty flavors like apple-blackberry, cherry, strawberry and tropical. But I try to add regular water, too. I have cut down my diet soda consumption to about 1 20-ounce bottle a day. :water:
Seaside
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Emma » June 2nd, 2005, 5:43 am

So does my Seltzer Water or Sparkling Water count towards my water? I drink at least a 2-liter bottle a day of it, so that's what I've been counting. I just love the bubbles! :lol:

emma
Started MF: 5/18/05
5'10"

Emma
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Seaside » June 2nd, 2005, 6:19 am

Dear Emma, I hope Nancy gives sodium-free fizzy water her OK or I am SUNK!! :buddies: :buddies:
Seaside

Postby Nancy » June 2nd, 2005, 7:28 am

Seaside and Emma ~

If it floats your boat...go ahead.
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby tink » June 2nd, 2005, 7:33 am

I have a hard time drinking my water too! :oops: I just struggle with it! I will jazz mine up with some lemon juice and splenda ... not as many calories as crystal light but tastes really good. I also drink crystal light and use the individual flavor packs all the time especially when I am out and about and can't easily use lemon juice and splenda. I have gotton myself off of diet pepsi and diet mt. dew and started drinking diet rite or diet sunkist which are I think a little bit better because they don't have tons of caffeine. :mrgreen:
"Just keep shaking shaking shaking"
tink
Trusted Member - #20 Club

Postby Nancy » June 2nd, 2005, 7:45 am

When I first started dieting - when I was about 5 years old....I hated water and my Mom used to put a drip of fresh squeezed lemon or lime in the water.

When I began Medifasting, it :twisted: killed me to drink water, too.

I just didn't drink much of anything - maybe one cup of coffee per day. I started off with lemon juice in the water bottle. It helped me tremendously.

Minute Maid has a excellent product available in most freezer sections of the grocery store: 100% frozen lemon juice. It comes in a yellow plastic bottle with a flip top squeezer lid, packaged in a black and yellow box. Sometimes it is located near the frozen fish if you cannot find it by the frozen juices.

Drink as much water as you are able - this may take a few weeks to get used to. You are making a lot of changes right now and it all doesn't happen over night.

As you are able, de-pop yourself - you will eliminate sodium, food coloring and additives. Replace what you are able with water and eventually you will be up to 8 glasses + of water and be searching for more. Some days I feel like a camel, and I don't mean a ciggy...
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby Helen » June 2nd, 2005, 11:36 am

the only substitute for water is sparkling water. it is basically water that is carbonated which is all i could drink when i started dieting earlier this year. but now im a regular waterfeen b/c the bubbles bother my tummy.
Helen
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby fatBgone » June 2nd, 2005, 12:21 pm

There's also flavored waters now that aren't sparkling. They're my favorite. They have 0 calories, 0 carbs, 0 sugars and different brands have different amounts of sodium. Nestle has 4 flavors (strawberry, orange, lemon & rasberry) and they only have 10 grams of sodium - which is the lowest I've seen. Aquafina has flavored water too - 65 grams of sodium (alot); Dasani has them too - 35 grams of sodium and then there's Fruit20, but I don't know their sodium content - because I don't buy them....they have a funny taste to me. Also, to make them more affordable, I dilute them with 1/2 spring water and they still taste good to me....better than plain water. :water: Anyway, that's ALL I drink now - and I was a TOTAL diet coke aholic!! I can't even drink diet coke anymore because it tastes TOO sweet and syrupy. I know I've said all this before, so sorry for repeating myself - but since we were on the water topic again - I just thought I would re-post for those that didn't read it before.
Lisa
fatBgone
Preferred Member - #40 Club

question

Postby Seaside » June 2nd, 2005, 12:31 pm

Is it the aspartame in the diet drinks that is the "baddie" ? Does it fool with your blood sugar? I know Splenda is supposed to be better. Maybe someday I will be off my diet soda/ fizzy water kick.
Seaside

Postby Leslie and Rick » June 2nd, 2005, 5:27 pm

WOW!!! all that wonderful feedback!!!!!!!!! Thank you all so much... for some reason I cant post on here all the time, so I will continue to read and enljoy the site!!!! Thanks so much-- You guys are wonderful
Leslie and Rick

Postby Unca_Tim » June 2nd, 2005, 6:52 pm

Hi Leslie and Rick,
Click the little "Search" button and do a search on AOL.

Also look at this post:
http://www.makemethinner.com/forum/diet-152.html
Welcome to the forum.
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Next

Return to Come on in.