I ran outa there like my hair was on fire!

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

I ran outa there like my hair was on fire!

Postby shawna » January 17th, 2004, 9:51 am

OH my gosh. I went to my sister's house (prior to this - I spent all my 6 days of Medifast at my house - where I have confiscated all food and the pantry is empty.) I SO feel for you who have to feed your kids! I have no kids yet so it's just me and my husband who grabs a bite on the way home to keep me from having to cook in these beginning days (bless him.)

Anyway, during a 3 hour visit at sis's (she has 4 kids) - they must have snacked ALL night!!!! Every time I turned around - one of those kids was sitting next to me munching on crackers and dip - or jelly bellies - or a salad - or chocoloate. The dip has HUGE chunks of crab in it - and they were piling in on top of Ritz crackers. I swear I almost grabbed that box of Ritz crackers and guzzled them. But luckily - I just crunched on celery and pickles and bouillion. I did have a couple extra celeries and pickles - but hey - I didn't Ritz it up, at least! Wow - I haven't been so tempted, grouchy, or stressed out since I started this!! I don't know how you all do it when you cook for your families - you are hero's! Kids eat ALL THE TIME!!

I finally stood up at my sis's in mid sentence and said "I CAN'T DO THIS ANYMORE!!! You people are killin' me!" and I ran outa there like my hair was on fire. They all understood cause they knew I'd been struggling all night. Yikes. But the good new is: I DIDN'T CHEAT!!!!! I feel like Superman - made of steel.

Whew. I was glad to go to bed and put that day to rest! Today is day 7 - and I am regrouped, thankfully! :)

Hope you all have a disciplined weekend - and continue to work toward your goal! IT IS WORTH IT and we can do this!!!!

Much love,
Shawna
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phil. 4:13
shawna
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby finalstraw » January 17th, 2004, 1:08 pm

Yes I agree, those with small children to take care of are real troopers. I have an older teen and I have told her and my husband that they are on their on. I received my 1st shipment yesterday, but not starting til tomorrow because I have company from 3 states in my home today. (But still snuck back to check the post).

Congrats on making it through the visit. :D
Stephanie

Rom 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes:

1st goal - 199 (I will change when I have met it)
Started 1/18/04 at 284
Currently 251.9
finalstraw
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby SneezyKitten » January 18th, 2004, 9:26 am

Shawna, you have nerves of steel!!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS! I think surviving THAT is worth a Hip-Hip-Hooray!
SneezyKitten
Regular Member - #10 Club

Congrats on staying strong!!!

Postby female1978 » January 18th, 2004, 12:28 pm

I totally admire you. I'm single and I live alone so I only have myself to deal with. It's only day 8 for me and I don't feel any hunger until I see food. It's like a trigger reaction or something. At this point in time, I would not be able to sit in a room with food at all; had I been in your situation, I totally would have cracked- I LOVE RITZ crackers. I totally admire you. STAY STRONG!
Female1978

Los Angeles, CA

01/10/03
291/?/170
female1978

Postby LUVZHUZKYZ » January 18th, 2004, 9:07 pm

Ahhh this will be tough, no doubt. I have two growing teens who want to eat every second. I can pull 22 brown bags of food into the kitchen from the car and they will cry 'THERES NO FOOD HERE' SIGHHHHHHH
I think itz subway and pizza till I get strong enough to cook again...
Please tell me I will be strong again... :jumprope:
kEEP SHAKIN~ LUVZ
197.5/195/130
Female; 5' 2''
muscular ex dancer 41yo
One single step begins a journey~
LUVZHUZKYZ

Postby ror » January 20th, 2004, 12:11 pm

Yes last night melissa was out and I had to make dinner for my darling katie....... it was killer!!!!!!! It sucked so bad!!!1 THe only way I was able to do it was because she is my baby and she has to eat. If it were anyone else I would have left the house...... I also went to a going away BBQ for some friends of ours. Let me tell you it was a pain in the A*s..... stuffed mushrooms with cheese and crab, chips and homemade guac, carne asada on the Q. beer-a-plenty. it was a nightmare. It was at our friends house that we always go to to overeat and overdrtink so it was a first for me to go there and stay sober and not stuff my face all night...... I did perfect!!I was so proud of myself. I smoked like a chimmney but that was the only thing going into my mouth. The first time I did medifast I was 17 and taking phen fen like it was going outta style so it was not hard at all... this time I'm going on will power alone and it is very hard. I know with the reasons I have to loose my weight this time I can finally conquor the "fat"deamon and kill it for good!!!!

"old punks don't die, they just cash in"
~R :twisted:
ror

Return to Weight Loss