What? You ran out of Medifast Products?

We will be adding links and answers to some of the more common questions here. Check here before posting to see if your question has already been answered.

What? You ran out of Medifast Products?

Postby Nancy » January 31st, 2004, 12:36 am

:shock: Uh Oh, I just wrote a private response to someone who ran low on Medifast shakes. :shock:

I copied part of my reply and am going to put it here for your reading pleasure...

I recall the first month that Terry and I started using Medifast. We each placed a two week order. Toward the end of the first week, we thought about what we would order for the next two weeks. We waited for pay day and placed our order. In those days, orders came exclusively by UPS and it took a full week to 10 days to get to us.

I had a :x nightmare that my supply did not come. I was freaked out! We borrowed a few shakes from our daughter. Whew!

If you run out of product and are in an emergency situation, you may have a glass of milk in place of your shake.

Please know that it is VITAL to eat every three to four hours – so have an eight ounce glass of 2% low fat or non-fat milk every three to four hours. It will sustain the ketosis level and protect you from caving in to harmful foods. :roll:

You could even have small portions of lean meat or a boiled egg and veggies. ;)

Plan ahead! There are ice storms all over the states right now. Transportation systems are taxed under adverse weather conditions. Always have several extra boxes on hand. I find that sometimes people want to taste my shake, bar or the soup so I just keep a Ziplock bag in my trunk with a few extra packets.

Once you get with the program, you just won't want to run low. Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!
:)
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

3 Day Fedex?

Postby TamiL » February 1st, 2004, 7:24 am

Hi...its Feb. 1st and I wanted to start the Medifast program today! but my order did not arrive yet! :( :( Im sure it on its way, but my question is..for future reference...do the orders normally take longer than 3 days? I know the weather is a factor in some places, but Fedex usually delivers rain, storm or shine!! Im just anxious to get started, Hopefully tommorrow the order will arrive! I plan on doing the Modified Program, 5 shakes/supplements and one regular meat/green meal. Do you have to eat your meal at night? or can you have your meal for Lunch? does it make a difference? I have read that you should have your 3 shakes before 2pm. so a planned day should go as follows:
8am shake
11am shake
2pm shake
5pm meat/green dinner
8pm shake or bar and then do I get one more???
what If I cant fit one more? is it okay to only have 4 shakes/supplements and a meal?
I just want to do this right!!
:roll: THIS HAS TO WORK FOR ME!! I DONT WANT TO BE MISERABLE ANOTHER SUMMER!!
thank you all for your support!! cant wait to get my shakes and get started!
TamiL
ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU BELEIVE!!!

Medifast RESTART 13 March 09
150/my goal weight is 130
TamiL
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Jeanette » February 1st, 2004, 10:14 am

Tami:

It looks like a good schedule. Can I make a suggestion?

Switch your 2 pm shake and your 8 pm bar. The bars should not be the first or the last replacement of the day. It will spike your blood sugar in the AM, and it is too many calories toward the end of the night.

Food for thought!!
Jeanette :star:
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Jeanette » February 1st, 2004, 10:16 am

I forgot something....

If you need that extra shake, take it!
Jeanette :star:
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Nancy » February 1st, 2004, 8:24 pm

Tami,

You certainly MAY have the Lean and Green for lunch! That first shake comes within the first hour of getting up. It starts your motor for the day and keeps you motating in a healthy and happy way!
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby Nancy » February 1st, 2004, 8:28 pm

P.S. This WILL work for you, you WILL be ready for SUMMER and you'll have a blast getting there, too! Be waiting on your front porch with an ice tray in your hand for when your order arrives!

I just don't take chances any more with my order - I allow a week for it to arrive. You can always pay for over night delivery but GOSH! That costs a LOT of $$$$ - if you're rich and desperate and rich, and very, very, very rich, then go for it that way. Otherwise, just plan ahead!
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Return to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)