Suggestions Re: Medifast Products

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Suggestions Re: Medifast Products

Postby 24KaratGold » March 31st, 2005, 2:28 pm

I'm not quite sure where else to put this, or what to title it.

I have a suggestion to the Medifast company, or a "wish," and that is that I wish that they would print on each supplement packet the directions for mixing it. The mixing instructions are on the box, but not on the packet. I always take the packets out of the box and throw them in my purse, briefcase, backpack, etc. This means that I don't have the mixing directions for each product with me all the time.

Some of these products you mix with 4 ounces of water, some with 6, and some with 8. Some of them you microwave for one period of time, some for another. Some you eat/drink right away, and some you refrigerate for a while. It's the different amounts of water that throw me on occasion. I made up a banana pudding one day with 8 ounces of water instead of the requisite 4, because I couldn't remember how much I was supposed to use and thought it was the same as a shake. I drank my pudding that day.

It would be easy enough to add to the print already existing on the supplement packets. Now, who do I send that suggestion/request off to?
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby doglover » March 31st, 2005, 2:45 pm

I second that BIG time 24K!
Donna
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Dean0408 » March 31st, 2005, 2:53 pm

24K......Your timing is perfect. Heidi and I were speaking of this exact issue last night.

Everytime we get a packet that we are not totally familiar with from the pantry..........we take it over to the preparation area in the kitchen and realize we don't know what the instructions are. We then have to go to the pantry, take out the box and bring that over as well. (then return the box to the pantry) The soups and chili have varied and different preparation instructions. The amount of water is one thing..........but the time in the microwave and various other instructions (take it out for a minute, then cook for an additional minute...etc.) are very much different.

I have memorized the Bar instructions.......... 1. Remove wrapper, 2. Eat

.........but some of the others are tricky and require written instructions on the packet itself.

Great Suggestion! Thanks....

Dean
Dean0408
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby dlr2424 » March 31st, 2005, 9:17 pm

Dean0408 wrote:I have memorized the Bar instructions.......... 1. Remove wrapper, 2. Eat

Dean

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: Dean...you are one funny guy

I also have to tell you ...Your name holds a special place in my heart...My DH Rob's Heart donor was named Dean...so each time I see your posts I think of him & his family and keep them in prayer... :heart:

24k...OMG..I can't believe i'm reading this....I just sent some packets to someone and they asked me what to do with them ...how are they mixed...with what..etc. I felt so bad..I wasn't even thinking...just because I knew what to do with them ( and only cause I study the boxes over & over :roll: ) didn't mean they did. Just 1 hour ago I had to email the directions & I thought to myself....It would be so much easier if they had them on the front of this little white packet. I guess us LOSERS think alike... :D

Donna...dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Nancy » March 31st, 2005, 9:33 pm

Yup, I totally agree.

24 Karat ~ I drank my second packet of Nanner Puddin' the other day. :oops:

:x Sheesh! I get in such a habit of rumaging around in my breadbox, grabbing a packet and filling my shaker jar from the cold water dispenser on the refer. I just did autofill, ripped and dumped the packet and then realized what I did when it didn't set up. Then I added a second packet of pudding to the watery mixture and it was totally weird and lump-o-lah. :roll:

It was NOT a good thing.

I'll pass on the requests... :mrgreen:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Dean0408 » April 1st, 2005, 7:48 am

I also have to tell you ...Your name holds a special place in my heart...My DH Rob's Heart donor was named Dean...so each time I see your posts I think of him & his family and keep them in prayer...

Donna,

Isn't it wonderful to live in a time when this type of procedure is medically possible? A generation ago there may have been no options available. Just think of the medical discoveries on the horizon in the relatively near future.

Bless the donors, who in leaving this earth, have given the gift of sight and life to those in need.

Dean
Dean0408
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Nancy » April 1st, 2005, 7:52 am

Amen! :heart: :hug:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy