New Momentum by Medifast Line of Products

Meet Terry and Nancy.

New Momentum by Medifast Line of Products

Postby Nancy » January 15th, 2008, 11:02 pm

:yippee: Goody :yippee: Goody!

At last! I can tell ya about the new Momentum by Medifast products!

:hmmm: I tell ya, this has been hard for me to not spill the beans about this terrific new product line!
When I heard about it last fall, I had to practically sew my lippage shut to prevent random acts of blabbage about this!

These Metabolism Boosters are available in two ways –
Momentum Medifast Meal replacements and Medifast Flavor Infusers

Infusers are flavored powder designed to mix with 16 ounces of water

Momentum by Medifast has a strong metabolism-boosting impact and is ideal for people on the 5 & 1 Program who may have reached a :brickwall: plateau, for people approaching weight :yes: goal and find those last few pounds are :deadhorse: difficult to budge and for weight management.

The benefit of the Epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG) and caffeine is that they assist the body to burn an additional 60-100 calories per day.

Dr. Andersen said the amount of calories burned is approximately the equivalent of a 15 minute walk at a :walk: moderate rate of 3.5 mph.

They can also curb appetite.

Yeah! I used to :snooze: dream of calorie-negative foods where I could relax in my chaise lounge and experience weight loss without the hassle or :treadjog: sweat of daily exercise!

I used to explain away my corpulent self as having the metabolism of a slug but truly, in my :heart: heart of :heart: hearts, I knew that I chose to not exercise and that choice had wide-reaching consequences...the waistband on my slacks reached wide, all right! Extra-wide! :oops:

This is an exciting addition to our arsenal in the :lightsword: fat against flab!

Currently the Momentum Meal replacement products are available in three flavors: Cappuccino, Chai Latte and Banana Crème Shake.
They sell for $16.95 per box of 7 meal replacements.

Recommended use: 1-3 packets a day.

Please note that many people are more :whattha: sensitive to caffeine during the weight loss phase – if so, it may be best to not use the Momentum products in the evening as they may interfere with sleep. :snooze:

Momentum Flavor Infusers are not fully fortified meal replacements.

To use - add them to a 16 ounce bottle of water to flavor the water and provide thermogenic value. You may vary the amount of water you use – for example, you could add a packet of the Flavor Infusers to 8 ounces of water for a more intense flavor or add it to 24 or 32 ounces for less flavor.

The Flavor Infusers come in ‘pencil packs’ – like those little tubes that Lipton Green Tea To Go, Crystal Light, etc. are packed in.
The Flavor Infusers are packaged 21 pencil packs per box and sell for $16.95

Each box contains one flavor…

The flavors are: Mixed Berry, Strawberry Lemonade and Green Tea Lemon

They may be used up to three times a day. (If you also wish to use the Momentum Meal replacements then you will need to adjust the use of the Flavor Infusers accordingly - Medifast recommends up to three Momentum products per day.

Remember, the Flavor Infusers are not fully-fortified complete meals, they are considered a ‘free’ item – up to three a day. They do have about 2 carbs per pencil pack but because of the metabolism-boosting effect, the nutritionist said they will not knock us out of the fat-burning zone. .

Medifast Disclaimer:
100 mg of caffeine is equivalent to 1 cup of coffee.
Consult with your physician before using this product.

(This product may not be appropriate if you are sensitive to caffeine, advised by your doctor to limit caffeine, under
the age of 18 or pregnant or nursing.)

Recommended usage: Up to three (3) Momentum products daily (any combination of Meals and/or Flavor Infusers.)

Consuming more than three (3) Momentum products daily will not have an additional effect on metabolism.

BTW, Medifast continues to offer the regular line of drinks without the Momentum additives for those who prefer the Cappuccino, Chai Latte and Banana Crème without the caffeine and EGCG.

Hope ya like them...there are more juicy things on the horizon... :leopard:
Last edited by Nancy on September 8th, 2008, 11:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Diana » January 15th, 2008, 11:42 pm

I can't WAIT to try them!! The cappuccino, chai latte and banana anything are among my favs!!

Here's to the last 50 lbs!! As Erica so eloquently put it, Let's git er done!
Here's to our mutual success! :buddies: --Diana
Diana
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Postby Nancy » January 16th, 2008, 12:17 am

Di ~

Here's to you! :toast: Those 50 pounds are gonna be history!

When I sippa shake, I think to myself, "Buh-bye to bulges!"

The new Momentums are ideal for maintainers - especially for me since I am :oops: uh, a little more 'experienced in life' than you.

Admittedly, I reside in Menopause Manor and as we age our metabolism declines; I'm expecting the Momentum products to keep me sizzling through my sixties - look out Silver Fox! Leopard Woman is chugging the Momentum Chai.
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

P.S. Momentum by Medifast Products

Postby Nancy » January 19th, 2008, 2:58 pm

:puter: Hiya MakeMeThinner and Healthier Folks ~

I wanted to let you know that the Momentum Bananner Creme Shake is a Medifast 70 formulation so you will get the higher protein content as well as the added benefit of the 90 mg of EGCG and 10 mg of caffeine.

As a Weight Controller (Oh, I am :yay: thrilled to refer to myself as such), it is especially neat to have the Momentum meal replacements in our arsenal because they assist with :hi5: appetite control.

When we are no longer in the fat-burning state, :table: hunger returns and one must apply the things we learn during the weight loss phase to our daily eating habits - small low fat/low calorie meals eaten every couple of hours.

People who successfully practice that, enjoy successful weight management. :cleader:

In my former foody and flabby life, I viewed calorie restriction as a temporary DIEt thang - something to do for a specific time segment. Then I would always return to my old foody ways, which in turn meant that I came full circle and regained all of the weight I had worked so hard to lose. :deadhorse:

I :x hate watching TV at this time of the year because there are so many commercials for weight loss products, gimmicks and diet dealies galore.

The truth is, they may work for a few weeks but for long term success, we must find the balance so that the calories in and the calories we burn are about equal and we must do it every day.

There must be a change in the way we live, the way we view food and it must be something we can live with and continue to do.

It needs to be something that is safe, healthy and will not harm the body or our health, it must provide adequate nutrition and support the body systems.

In years past, I would get all :coolnana: hyped up, decide to go on a diet and dump the lard for good. I lost some weight but never all that I needed to or wanted to. The desire for food seemed to :poke: overpower me, it :lightsword: stalked me – and it knew my name and where I lived…I’d take off a few chosen days from my diet and suddenly the flab all seemed to immediately twang back and the hunger issue was enormous. :aarggh:

I entered the final glide path to self-destruction when the scale teased the 270 pound mark.

That’s when I made a decision about where and how I was gonna live the rest of my days.

I had two choices: The Heart Attack Hotel or the Highway to Health.

While people have good intentions to eat low fat and low calorie foods, the truth is, most people are too busy to figure out how many wads of broccoli, how many tablespoons of tomato sauce or ounces of meat are the right amount to provide one’s body with the appropriate nutrients and calories to balance with their daily caloric burn.

I :heart: love that the TSFL programs have it all figured out for me.
No longer do I have to stand in the ‘order here’ or ‘pick up here’ window or sit in my car with the engine idling while I wait to place or receive my drive-up order.

:bighug: Thanks to Medifast, its various offerings and its commitment to provide and release healthy meal replacements, we are able to manage our weight safely, simply and successfully.

I like having my Medigrub delivered to my home, it’s like having Safeway deliver my groceries to my porch. When it’s re-fueling time, I grab a packet from the pantry, shake it up and slurp it down; sometimes have a serving of fresh veggies with it and I am on my way to ‘funner’ things!

:redprowl: Travel the highway to health with me and enjoy the essence of your life to fullest! :sheepjump:
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby Diana » January 25th, 2008, 5:51 pm

We just got a mystery package in the mail!!

A box of the Strawberry-Lemonade Infusers arrived!!

OH MY GOSH!!! it's DELISH!! It's not too sweet (which I really like because other add-in things are SOOO overpowering), the color is just the right calming shade of pink, and it goes down soooo easily!

Mike tried it and he thought it tasted more like strawberry-kiwi to him. Either way, 21 of them suckers for $16.95 (and this one was mysteriously gifted) . . . move over, quarters! These will be living in my purse from now on, in quantity!

I did notice that if I left it sit a while, some settling does occur. So, I get to burn even more calories to reshake it once in a while! These are going to be terrific in a slushy!
Diana

Hi

Postby dede4wd » January 25th, 2008, 11:51 pm

Pacing until mine gets here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Diana » January 26th, 2008, 2:59 am

Just a word of caution -- perhaps it's best NOT to have 3 momentum products in the evening. . .

I'm a science major! And Human Development, at that!! I know these things! :brickwall:

I know I need to go to sleep. A good portion of me is tired. But then there's the part that thinks I should be out running a marathon if not simply jogging down to the water and back. At 2 a.m.

So, I'm thinking I'll have one before 10 a.m., then another before 1 and the last before 5. Once the cappuccino get's here, I'll back the first one up to 6:30/7:00 a.m., then 11ish, then 2 p.m.

:heart: Mike's :heart: been asleep :snooze: on the couch for a couple of hours now . . . I'm going to attempt it. :roll:
Diana

Postby DogMa » January 26th, 2008, 7:28 am

Ha. Yeah, I take a green tea/caffeine supplement every day, but I make sure to take it in the morning so I can get my zzzzzz's.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Tawanda » January 26th, 2008, 8:55 am

Glad to get the heads up on these products. I ordered some of the shakes and the momentum products in my recent order. I am looking forward to trying them........I could use a burst of energy but good to know to not have them too late in the day. ;)
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Do infusers count toward water?

Postby Sasa » January 31st, 2008, 10:37 am

I finally got it straight in my head that the 64 ounces of water we're supposed to drink means pure unadulterated water, not diet cola or crystal light or Lipton green tea. I'm wondering about the new momentum water infusers. If I put one (or two?) in one of my 4 daily pints of water does that still count as water? Or does it count as any of the other flavored beverages?

Or have I misunderstood the water rule?
Sasa
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby Mike » January 31st, 2008, 1:56 pm

You got the water rule. The QS guide specifically says 64 ounces of pure water. Then it says in addition, you may have low caliries drinks like tea, coffee, diet sodas, crystal lite, etc. These infusers, used in water, would be counted just as crystal lite would. It would be in addition to your pure water.

The whole idea is to use the water to cleanse our bodies of the junk coming out of the fat cells. When we use stuff in the water we drink, its not cleansing.

;)
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike

Postby Nancy » February 1st, 2008, 3:58 pm

The Momentum Flavor Infusers are great and :bigidea: here's a little tip for you - you can actually add a packet of the Flavor Infusers to a regular shake or one of the fruit drinks like the Cranberry Mango or the Fruit Punch if you'd rather go that route instead of adding it to water.

Some of you are more :whattha: senstitive to caffeine than others so that's the reason for the initial caution. The cool thing about the Infusers or Momentum products is they offer appetite suppressing qualities, too and they do not make ya :bouncieball: wild & :nana: crazy like typical power boosters.

While it is important to slurp up as much plain old unadulterated :water: wa-wa as possible, if adding a Flavor Infuser or a pinchy of Crystal Light is the only way you can tolerate the liquid treasure, then go that route - its a whole lot mo' bettah than no water slurpage. :rollrolleyes:
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby dede4wd » February 1st, 2008, 11:24 pm

I'm really digging these things! Nancy, since you have a hotline to the powers that be...if you could suggest a variety pack...that would be SO COOL!
dede4wd

Postby Nancy » February 2nd, 2008, 12:09 am

DeDe ~

I so agree with you - I think a varie ty box would be awesome!

:secret: BTW, I am happy to see you and I took note of your :shades: good progress - I surely wish Terry and I could have made it to your area a few months back. I look forward to meetin' you one of these days.

Keep on shakin' :cheers:
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby dede4wd » February 2nd, 2008, 12:54 am

I fixed it on my next BeSlim order, I'll make MY OWN variety packs! LOL!

I hope to meet you someday too. You've inspired me (and so many others) so much more than you'll ever know. Thanks to you, Terry & Unca for giving us such an inviting HOME while we're changing our lives for the better and regaining our health!
dede4wd

Next

Return to A Message from your Hosts