The Drawing Board

All that hard work and now what? Let's talk about how to keep those pounds off...

Postby Dean0408 » April 27th, 2005, 12:14 pm

24K.......I know you are leaving your old job on good terms. This is always a good thing. I read with interest the entire saga of your job change. I hope your new job is extremely enjoyable........I know you got a huge bump in pay, but as you know, sometimes that is not the only thing that brings happiness in the workplace. Your new boss seems very shrewd......a good businesswoman.......but....this can also mean manipulative. She played the game well in stealing you from your old place of business. (been there, done that) Have a great time sleeping in tomorrow......

Nancy, I fully understand about maintenance. My main problem was not that I ate often, but rather I ate TOO much when I did eat. I also drank too much milk and too many Classic Cokes during the day. Sugar was also a downfall.........in coffee, on cereal. I always swore I would never drink a diet coke or use a sugar substitute.......but, I have changed. I have been drinking zero calorie soft drinks that use Splenda. I have been using Splenda in coffee, and have learned to drink the coffee without any half and half. Splenda does not have any after taste to me at all. The final piece of the puzzle is recognizing that I need to get back to daily regular exercise in order to keep the muscles toned, the cardio rate up and of course to burn off any excess calories. I do not intend to indulge in over the top food and drink during the week at all. Once in a while on the weekend, or holidays is my plan. I never was a "during the week drinker".........I never drink alone, only at social functions. What's the fun of acting foolish if no one is there to see it .......right?

Yuck on Jacko.......I am so sick of the daily coverage of his trial. Glad Rae didn't call me Jacko.........not just cause of his nose (or lack thereof) either.

kassilou...........Nope, that is not his nose at all. What appears to be his nose was once the baby toe of his left foot. He had the surgeon exchange locations of his toe and nose. When he wears sandles (without his white socks), you can see his real nose peeking out of the left sandle. He had two nostrils tatooed on the toe to make it look more like a nose. Rumor has it that he intends to have these body parts switched back to their proper, original locations when he reaches the age of 75.

By the way, his sister LaToya Jackson is using Michael's middle toe of his RIGHT foot as her nose. Her real nose is being carried by her brother as a graft in the spot where the toe used to be untill such time as LaToya wishes to switch back. It has been said that the "Moon Walk", made famous by Jacko would not have been possible without the extra traction provided by LaToya's nose.

That's it for the news you can use......

Dean
Dean0408
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby DonicaB » April 27th, 2005, 12:53 pm

OK, I have typed about 5 or 6 different little quips but have erased every one of them. I guess I am just not feeling funny today.

I seem to be at a road block and I know when I try toooooo hard I come across very stupid. Heavens, I don't want to look stupid. :brickwall:
(Oops, too late :D )

I'll just keep listening.

DonicaB :headphones:
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby Dean0408 » April 27th, 2005, 1:17 pm

Donica.......Go ahead and type your quips.........I think you have a GREAT sense of humor.

Things you think are not worthy of posting might just be HILARIOUS to us!!

Were you gonna say that the reason Jacko's schnoz keeps looking like it will fall off is because he has a severe case of Athlete's Nose???

C'mon........I would love to read your quips. :mrgreen:

Dean
Dean0408

Postby want2Bthin » April 27th, 2005, 3:35 pm

Donica-

Please still post your funny's. I love all of you guys who make me laugh. God did not bless me with the ability to crack people up - unless you count sarcasm - now I am good at that but I wouldn't dare post it - seems to make some folks angry. I love the humor on this forum. It brightens my day. I have a long journey ahead of me and need all the laughter you all can throw out there!

Angelia :mrgreen:
want2Bthin
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby DonicaB » April 27th, 2005, 3:55 pm

Angelia, I am quite a sarcastic person myself. Being a teacher I have to be very careful about my sarcasm. I actually learned sarcasm from my DH. (Men get blamed for everything)

I bet you are funnier than you think you are. Just write what comes to mind, even if you think it sounds stupid. I certainly write some off the wall things at times. I guess sometimes I make myself laugh. Weird, huh? I have found that laughter is such good medicine though. I love to laugh.

As far as Jacko is concerned.............I think you may be mistaken Dean..........I think (oh that's scary)......that Jacko is really LaToya.............I mean have you ever seen the two of them together................or maybe Jacko is actually a clone of Diana Ross (minus the big hair).

I'm not sure about Ole Jacko. Too bad all of his great music is over shadowed by his extra curricular activities. Why can't stars just be normal?

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby DonicaB » April 27th, 2005, 7:01 pm

DonicaB wrote:I'll just keep listening.

As I reread what I wrote (say that 5 times fast), it seems like this was a prompt for you all to beg me to write something. I honestly did not mean it that way. I just wanted you guys to know I was lurking and listening and not ignoring you.

I truly was not begging for attention. Though I have to admit I do like attention. Now I know where my 14 year old (who's going on 20) gets it. From his center-of-attention mother.

There I go again. :shock:

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby Dean0408 » April 27th, 2005, 8:04 pm

Okay Donica.........we have you figured out...

First you say you have quips but will not post them in order that we beg you to go ahead and post them......... (no, you don't see Mikey and LaToya together much do you?.......hmmmmm)....

Once we begged you to post your jokes, you saw that your ploy worked..........so what did you do next?

You posted that you didn't do it for attention.....and that you were not begging for attention..........KNOWING we would give you attention......

ohhhhhhhhhhhhh...........you are a sly one you are.......I am going to have to watch out for you.........hehehe

Dean
Dean0408

Postby Dean0408 » April 27th, 2005, 8:09 pm

Note: I can't believe Rae has not yet commented on the fake news story I posted on the previous page. I am kind of disappointed.....I am waiting for her to zing me.

Come on Rae!!! Where are ya anyhow??

Dean
Dean0408

Postby Nancy » April 27th, 2005, 8:42 pm

:shock: Whazzis?

It was a...a...a FAKE news story?

:huh: I can't believe it! :question:

We'll have to pull Dean-oh's Press credentials.

I'll have to :secret: confer with the :3head: authorities and see what kind of :whip: punitive measures we'll need to take.

The MakeMeThinner board of directors will have to call for an emergency meeting of the mind...we may have to take away his peanut butter syrup...
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Dean0408 » April 27th, 2005, 10:49 pm

Did I say "fake"?..........I didn't mean fake. It was more of a John Kerry really did legitimately earn all those medals in three months........Teresa Heinz doesn't wear the pants in the family............I didn't have sexual relations with that woman..........there are weapons of mass destruction........we diligently patrol the borders...........kind of story. But it wasn't fake.

I thought accurate was spelled F-A-K-E, but I looked it up and I was wrong.

Dean
Dean0408

Postby Nancy » April 27th, 2005, 11:16 pm

Oh, thanks for that update.

The meeting of the MIND is happy to know you clearly clarified your meaning of the terminology so that we might understand with understanding what it was you were meaning to say when you said what you said about it being a fake news story and all along it was meant to be false and not at all accurate, huh?
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby doglover » April 28th, 2005, 6:03 am

:lol: You guys are completely out of control.....
And if one more person says PEANUT BUTTER (even w/ the word syrup after it) I may completely lose my mind! I thought this forum was supposed to be HELPFUL ;)
D
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Dean0408 » April 28th, 2005, 7:08 am

Sorry D........I promise not to use the name of that particular food product any longer.

To get your mind off this light brown addictive substance.........I suggest you get some form of activity that makes you forget the subtle taste of a stolen finger full of this delightful substance.

Perhaps you should go for a long walk with your dog, SKIPPY.......enjoy the CRUNCHY sound of the gravel beneath your feet as you walk along the path. Enjoy the SMOOTH feel of the grass as you romp across an open field.

Think happy thoughts as you walk, and you just may feel as if you can actually fly, just as PETER PAN did.

The walk will be relaxing, and if you walk briskly..........you will be back home in a JIF!!!

As you can see, this would be a great thing to do in order to make you stop thinking about the food you just can't seem to get control of.

Hope this helps,
Dean
Dean0408

Postby Dean0408 » April 28th, 2005, 7:31 am

Nancy,

Thank you for sorting out the gist of the story.

At first, my intent was to be falsely accurate with a hint of honest deception and half truth.

Later I realized that this would be wrong, therefore..........I switched the underlying theme to be accurately false, with just a touch of deceptive honesty coupled with a smattering of falsehood.

As the ancients used to say, "In Vino, Veritas" , unfortunately.........I am allowed no wine while on plan........therefore, there can be no truth.

Won't it be nice when we can all get drunk again and stop lying!!! hehe :mrgreen:

Dean
Dean0408

Postby doglover » April 28th, 2005, 7:32 am

:shock:
D

this is me - officially losing my mind
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

PreviousNext

Return to Maintenance