The Drawing Board

All that hard work and now what? Let's talk about how to keep those pounds off...

hmmm

Postby LilMsTexas » April 26th, 2005, 6:43 pm

Jodie I just don't know what to say (believe it or not) :shock: And if Dean is reading this his wheels are already turning on how to respond to that ;)

Everyone keeps saying how strong and steadfast I am.......but I'm not. I'm just like you and all the other committed people here.......simply trying to put my best foot forward. It's true that I am watching you and your maintenance journey........not to see you be perfect.......but for "reality" information. This forum is not an infomercial.......it's real life with real people and real experiences. How many diet infomercials have you EVER seen that has someone on there who says "yeah I lost all this weight and when I got off the diet I shot back up like a balloon?" Or "This diet is great but don't ever get off of it!" TV and movies and BLEEP BLEEP BLEEP infomercials that are crowding our television sets at all hours of the day and night make it ridiculous for anyone to have a realistic view of this task at hand. It's like the husbands on soap operas or in romance novels. HELLOOOOOO how many of us are being wisked off in a jet in the middle of the week to go to Paris for truffles and champagne?? Again......not reality. What you are going through is REALITY. Heck yeah I'm scared of maintenance. I'll still be scared of it whether you fail or succeed. I'm a crappy eater. I've said it before and I'll say it again......I got fat because I'm a junkfood junky!

My point to all of this yammering is that I'm watching you and learning from you because this is REAL. I don't know about you but I left my superwoman perfect spangledy glittered POWER GIRL pants at the dry cleaners and they lost them!! So barring the return of those pants (in the right size and color) I guess I'm gonna screw up too......and so are you.......and so is everybody else.

But ya know what else? I'm agreeing with Dean big time too. I want and will choose to live again when this is over. I won't be the outcast forever. This is my weight LOSS journey.......and someday I will be allowed to have little indulgences from time to time. And I'll gain some back. The difference is that I will be equipped with the power to be in control of the amount I allow myself to gain back. Never again will I just go and go and go and go and then a year later think OH DANG what happened? And you didn't either.

I thank you for being concerned about my psyche. That is why I value you. I can tell that you genuinely care. You don't come on here to just waste your day. You are involved. And now I hope I can lift you up the way you have lifted me up.

This ain't nuthin' but a thang girlfriend 8) YO YO.......am I too hip for my baaad self or whut?? Ok.......nobody tell my 12 year old son I just said that :roflmao: Now let's quit all this serious stuff and get back to having fun :D

Pass the cool whip!! WHIP IT.......WHIP IT GOOOOOOOOOOOD ;)
Love and hugs,
Chris
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Re: hmmm

Postby raederle » April 26th, 2005, 7:04 pm

LilMsTexas wrote:And now I hope I can lift you up the way you have lifted me up.

Every day you do, buddy! Every day! And especially today... :mrgreen: I agree with you and Dean and Kass and Donica-- I don't want to be forever terrified of nachos or margaritas, slurping a water every Friday night while my friends share queso and sangria. I wanna be able to go out sometimes and have fun and eat some "bad" stuff and know that I won't do it every day, and if I gain a few, I'll stop it before it gets out of hand and just chill out and have a few shakes for a few days without beating myself up over it. I guess it threw me for a loop just how easy it seemed to pack on 10 pounds, but as we all learned together this morning ;) , most of that was just goof poundage that played on my insecurities, making me lose it irrationally. And I *do* feel better after reflection and after listening to everybody's great words of wisdom, recognizing that I did what I was supposed to do. I did maintain! I maintained by having some foody fun, seeing I went a bit overboard, and fixing it while it's still easy to fix instead of spiraling out into Fatville once again. You're right. *That's* maintaining, not constantly and forever denying myself all good food until I go postal one night and knock over a Krispy Kreme with a water pistol and a pair of panty hose over my head.

So, YES, people!!! I think I'm ready to admit that maybe I didn't mess up as badly as I gave myself (no) credit for.... Dean, I promise to let you all know how it goes as I get back down to goal (hopefully quickly and painlessly!), to show myself and to all you soon-to-be-maintainers that if I can do it, so can you.

Most importantly, I gotta quit starting threads that cause poor Dino to lose his appetite for goofing on people, even if temporarily! ;) Start with the jokes again, will ya? Like Christi says, it's time to start havin' fun again!

Speaking of which... have you gals (and Dean, not to leave you out) noticed that as you keep losin', you don't have to reach anymore for the triple-layer sports bra to keep the boobs in place while you shake shake shake that Dutch Chocolate...? With less in the way, I might just take up the trampoline!
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
Reached goal (125) 3/27/05
New goal: 130
I'll reach it again, one day at a time
raederle
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby LilMsTexas » April 26th, 2005, 7:19 pm

Ok........we have a trampoline........I was bouncing my 1yr old on it the other day and let's just say I was glad I was holding him close to me :shock: GOOD GRIEF........I'll have the bad boys lopped off one of these days if given the chance hehehehehehehehehe BUT......I have already bought a smaller size brazeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeere ;) woohoooooo
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas

Postby dlr2424 » April 26th, 2005, 9:29 pm

...........Well this is some thread...........it took me 1 hour to read it........due to my work hours on Monday I rarely get to post or read.....so come Tuesday night....it's catchup........(not ketchup....that's not allowed).... :no:

First : Rae.........from the bottom of my heart...... :heart: ....thank you for your unselfishness in sharing that wonderful ......painful ......& inspiring post...

Secondly: you asked Unca to put you back in the #10 club...........well you will ALWAYS be a member of my "One In A Million" Club ..... :yay:

Your short term weight gain could be a blessing in disguise........Think:........ :hmmm: ....what if after eating all that you only gained a pound or two.......you may not have given it to much concern in regard to doing it again...and again...We may have thought........... :hmmm: .....when we reach goal...on with the party......
I admit it was a (temporary) painful lesson....but a wake up call......to all of us..... :scratch:
You are an awesome role model!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Your humaness is inspiring .......... :bow: ...........And letting us down?......if you hadn't picked yourself up and allowed yourself to drown.......then MAYBE..........but even then I still doubt it.
As far as your in-laws...... :hmmm: .....they may have not mentioned anything because maybe in their eyes you have ALWAYS been small............and besides most guys rarely comment on those things.........I know for me I sometimes am apprehensive with some people in remarking about a weight loss only because I'm not sure how they will handle it...... :huh: ........in any case ....I felt all the emotions you felt and would have reacted the same way......so it's incouraging to know there is light at the end of our goal.........to light the way for OUR LIFE-LONG JOURNEY......like it or not........ maintenance is just that.....life-long.... maintaining a balance...........we all wish it was a ticket to foodyville with no price to pay.........but we all know there is little in life that comes without a price to pay..........you are continuing to pay that price and that is inspiring!!!!!
Sooooooo...get out the cool whip....and those last few lbs will burn right off......... ;) ...(well that's what my buddy Dean tells me......and he knows what he's talking about)...you all know Dean ...he's the WASO...... ;)
Brighter days ahead.......... :hug:
Donna...dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Dean0408 » April 26th, 2005, 9:56 pm

I like this thread. It has everything........good food, happy thoughts, real world reality, determination, great advice......AND some humor is back......and not from me this time!!

You guys have the theory of maintenance NAILED! You will do well when you start to maintain just as Rae is doing.

Christi............are you saying that without your son, you would have flogged yourself to death while bouncing on the trampoline?? :shock:

You ladies and your boobs..........you complain if you have 'em......and you complain if you don't. hehe

Donna.........What the heck is a WASO? I have a feeling I may not want to know........hmmmmmm :roll:

Well, time for "The Shield" out here on the Left Coast..........so I will check to see what a WASO is tomorrow.

Dean
Dean0408

Postby Nancy » April 26th, 2005, 10:41 pm

Kids, I keep telling you that the weight loss program is E Z compared to maintenance...

EVERY day, I am just one forkful away...it takes diligent vigilance

I have been in a :flip: foody state of mind myself of late.

Way too many events…too many celebrations

I am not perfect. :twisted: :twisted:

Take Shape For Life helps us to do just that – For LIFE, we do the things that help us to be successful, we TAKE charge of what we put in the Yapster, We TAKE charge (most times - life does happen and there are food-oriented celebrations but we just can't have 6 food-oriented celebrations per day per week!) for the SHAPE we want to have for LIFE.

Rae, you are keeping it in check, you will see those skanky pounds continue to disappear – accountability is one of the keys to successful maintenance and no one around here is letting you get away from us. Cheers!
:stroll:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Re: hmmm

Postby DonicaB » April 27th, 2005, 7:42 am

raederle wrote: You're right. *That's* maintaining, not constantly and forever denying myself all good food until I go postal one night and knock over a Krispy Kreme with a water pistol and a pair of panty hose over my head.

Rae, I'm sitting here drinking my WATER :water: reading this and I nearly spewed it all over my keyboard. :roflmao:

Everyone take a moment and just picture her in your mind waving a water pistol at the Krispy Kreme clerk with panty hose over her head, saying "Hand over that donut or someone's gonna get hurt, I mean wet." :shoot:

Too funny Rae..........too funny. :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby raederle » April 27th, 2005, 8:35 am

Dean0408 wrote:Donna.........What the heck is a WASO?

I, for one, thought Donna must've misspelled WACKO! :nutz:
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
Reached goal (125) 3/27/05
New goal: 130
I'll reach it again, one day at a time
raederle
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby dlr2424 » April 27th, 2005, 10:01 am

raederle wrote:
Dean0408 wrote:Donna.........What the heck is a WASO?

I, for one, thought Donna must've misspelled WACKO! :nutz:

Ohhhhh guys.............no..no..no.... :no: ....WACKO.... :nutz: ...would be in the category of a slight insult.........I wouldn't do that to my buddy Dean........... :no: ..........WASO.......would be any of the following:.......... :hmmm: ...........WILD AND SEXY ONE.......... :thumbup: .......WACKY AND SENSITIVE ONE......... :goofy: ..............WORDLY AND SOPHISTICATED ONE........ :bow: ......they all fit you............... ;)

puzzel solved........ :yes:
Donna...dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424

Postby Dean0408 » April 27th, 2005, 10:39 am

Gee Whiz!! They go on maintenance then start insulting the rest of us!!

First Rae calls me a WACKO, then infers that Donna the WAHM can't come close to spelling it!! Sheesh!! (just teasin' ya Rae) ;)

Thank goodness my pal Donna the WAHM gave the REAL definitions. I went from hurt to happy in just two posts. Thanks Donna.........I loved ALL your definitions. :lol: You are one SWEET girl!!

I saw on the news that Rae actually tried to hold up the Krispy Kreme using the plan she noted in an earlier post. She got a little flustered and confused due to doughnut anticipation though. The anchor person stated " ........a woman was observed at a local Krispy Kreme last night with a water pistol balanced on her head while waving a pair of panty hose at the employee behind the counter. She was heard to be repeatedly yelling "GIVE ME YOUR BRAINS OR I'LL BLOW YOUR DOUGHNUTS OUT!!" ........as police lead her away.......she muttered "Maintenance sucks.....Maintenance sucks....." When interviewed, the head of the Krispy Kreme janitorial staff stated "I don't know why she said those derogatory things about our department.....we don't even KNOW the woman."

I hope you get back on maintenance immediately following your release Rae. :mrgreen: (again, just teasing)

Oh well........speaking of eating forbidden things, I woke up this morning and told Heidi that I had dreamed I ate a giant marshmallow........then I noticed my pillow was missing.

Bye for now ladies.......hope your day is as great as mine is going to be.

Dean
Dean0408

Postby dlr2424 » April 27th, 2005, 10:49 am

Dean0408 wrote:Bye for now ladies.......hope your day is as great as mine is going to be.

Dean

I'm sure it is.....My DH is home on vacation and the kids are at school......... :grin: ....... ;) .........

Donna...dlr2424

dlr2424

Postby Dean0408 » April 27th, 2005, 10:54 am

dlr2424 wrote:
Dean0408 wrote:Bye for now ladies.......hope your day is as great as mine is going to be.

Dean

I'm sure it is.....My DH is home on vacation and the kids are at school......... :grin: ....... ;) .........

Donna...dlr2424

WOO HOO!! A CALORIE BURNIN' DAY FOR SURE.......MAYBE YOU BETTER HAVE 7 SHAKES JUST TO BE SURE YOU HAVE ENOUGH ENERGY!!

Dean
Dean0408

Postby 24KaratGold » April 27th, 2005, 10:54 am

. . . and today is my last day at my old job!

Except the internal computer access is down, which means I can't get to email or to any documents. What a pain! But tomorrow -- I sleep in . . . .
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby Nancy » April 27th, 2005, 11:00 am

A CALORIE BURNIN' DAY

:shock: Hmmm...no more Victoria's Secrets...no such thing as :secret: secrets around here any more...

Dean-oh, just be forewarned about maintenance - going back to regular food DOES make people do cwazy things. I am totally serious here, I think the food additives and preservatives give us wonky thinking and a false sense of being in control.

:whistle: BTW, at least rae did not refer to you as :devious: JACKO, the guy with the lopped- off nose!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby kassilou » April 27th, 2005, 11:16 am

that's not his nose??????? :lol:
To lengthen thy life, lessen thy meals.
~Ben Franklin
kassilou