I AM NEW TO BOARD.

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

I AM NEW TO BOARD.

Postby ykceb » October 9th, 2006, 7:15 am

JUST STARTED THE DIET THIS LAST SATURDAY MORNING..THINK I MIGHT DO SHAKES NEXT TIME EXCLUSIVELY...ANY SUGGESTIONS ON WHICH SHAKES TO DO?

I HAVE HAD A HARD TIME GETTING ON BOARD...HOPE THIS GOES THROUGH..

ANY HELP WITH DIET WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED...AM JUST STARTING IT...ORDERED THE CREAM OF CHICKEN SOUP, IT IS OKAY, BUT WISH I HADN'T ORDERED SO MUCH...COULDN'T GET ON THE BOARD TO GET OPINIONS, AND WANTED TO START IT AS SOON AS POSSIBLE...LOVE THE HOT CHOCOLATE AND CAPPACCINO...ANY AND ALL HELP GREATLY APPRECIATED...
ykceb

Postby Amber » October 9th, 2006, 7:44 am

Good morning, ykceb, and welcome!
You'll find a bunch of support and assistance on this board.
As for the Medi-grub... I am not a fan of the soups with exception of Chick-noodle, even that requires some spicing. I depend mostly on mocha & chocolate shakes, hot drinks and oatmeal. I hear the soy crisps are wonderful which is why I don't have any in my pantry. :lol: Be sure to check out the lean cuisine section of this forum, there's plenty there to keep you from getting bored!
Stay srong this first few days, it'll be "cake" (we wish :tongue: ) after that!
Amber

Goal Met November 1, 2006
#44, 23 weeks
Amber
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Elizabeth » October 9th, 2006, 7:54 am

Hi there. Welcome to the board and Medifast. I think its best to taste everything and see what you like. I also think its a good idea to keep your *not so favorite* meals on hand because they are nice to fall back on when things get a little boring.
I like the cream of chicken soup with added spices. I like to add Mrs Dash table blend and also some cayenne. There is a trick to mixing the cream soups....boil your water and seasonings and mix the soup with a couple of spoons of cold water to make a paste...then add your boiliing mixture and blend. I add some cauliflower to the water mixture and boil until really tender until it breaks up nice. It tastes like cream of potato soup to me.
The Lean Cuisine forum is good for ideas.
Best wishes to you.
Elizabeth
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Arklahoma » October 9th, 2006, 8:13 am

My favorite shakes are the ready-to-drink (RTD) type. I'm really lazy and these can go everywhere.

WELCOME to the medi-board!!!
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Unca_Tim » October 9th, 2006, 9:18 am

Hi ykceb and welcome to the forum,
Glad you made it in. I've had real probs trying to correspond with you. My email to you keeps getting returned.

Anyway....looks like you made it.
Holler, if you need anything.
Enjoy the forum...:)
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Welcome

Postby pandasmom » October 9th, 2006, 9:21 am

Hello there, I have been on MF for 6 months now..
I love the Chocolate shakes the best.. I used to put the water and some ice in the blender and then add the powder and mix.. Yumm like a milk shake almost not as thick.. Now for an easy way to have them. I take a water bottle i like Disani open it drink some of the water out of it.. Then add the powdered shake and put the lid on and shake it good. YOu have to open it back up as some times it does stick to the lid.. just push it in and shake it more.
THESE to me are way better then the ready to go drinks.. and so easy to take any where you go. I do this always now..

The only soup i liked it the chicken noodle. I like most of the Oatmeals. I do add more water then most things call for.. For the oatmeals i add almost a cup, the drinks at least one cup of water and about 1 cup for the soup.

One thing i learned on here and LOVE IT..
i put all my days food in a baggie.. then each night i pull a baggie out of the cupboard and i am set for the next day. No thinking what to have no picking my favorites first.. Although now i just order the foods i like. This is still the easiest way to do it i think. I have done this since the very beginning and will do it tell the end..

I have lost about 80 lbs and FEEL GREAT!!!!

this board is GREAT and people are friendly and so helpful. So write when ever you need to and ask away..

GOOD luck. It works if you stick to it..
have a great day.
Terri
pandasmom
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby JKSRN » October 9th, 2006, 10:43 am

WELCOME! :D Glad you are here with us! Good luck on the MF program!
Joan
JKSRN
Preferred member

DON'T KNOW IF I CAN DO THE CREAM OF CHICKEN

Postby ykceb » October 9th, 2006, 11:23 am

FIRST OF ALL, THANK YOU FOR QUICK REPLIES....I AM ON MY THIRD DAY, AND DON'T KNOW IF I CAN DO THE CREAM OF CHICKEN SOUP..BOUGHT ALOT OF THEM...ANYONE WANT TO TRADE THE CREAM OF CHICKEN FOR CAPPUCCINO OR HOT CHOCOLATE OR CHOCOLATE SHAKES? ALSO HAVE THE CHICKEN AND RICE.....

HOPE TO HEAR FROM SOMEONE....THANKYOU..
ykceb

Postby Allie » October 9th, 2006, 11:47 am

I have never tried the soups, but love all the chocolate choices. I especially love the pudding prepared into a shake, and the hot choc. cold. I also make the oatmeal cookies almost every day.

If you are looking to trade, you should post on the swap n' shop board. you will probably get more responses that way.

Welcome to the board!!!

Allie
If you always do what you have always done, you will always be where you have always been.
Allie
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby alohacate » October 9th, 2006, 5:27 pm

Aloha & Welcome, check out the swap thread to get great trades!!
Height: 5'10 Age: 38 Start Date:6/24/06
51 pounds gone forever -I'm bringing sexy back
alohacate
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Elke » October 9th, 2006, 6:00 pm

Hiya! Welcome to the board :)
Elke
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Welcome aboard

Postby katie&3 » October 10th, 2006, 1:33 pm

Welcome aboard. I have lost 18 pounds on this program. I don't call it a diet because I am eating all the time and it is stuff I like. Good luck to you.

Katie
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
katie&3

Postby Sojourner » October 10th, 2006, 7:17 pm

Welcome!!
~*~*~*Sojourner*~*~*~

Shake it gone, babeee!!!
Sojourner
Preferred member

Return to Come on in.