Sunday Morning Roll Call, March 14, 2004

Join our weekly (Sunday) weigh in.

Postby Carrie » March 15th, 2004, 9:12 am

Julie,
Sounds to me like you're probably building up some muscle. That would explain the slowed weight loss, but continued shrinkage.

You might also want to increase your water intake in relation to your exercising.

Hang tough, sounds like you're doing everything right.

Carrie
Now: 2/5/07: 233.6/220.0/145
1st time: 3/1/04, from 266.5 to 195.4
Carrie
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Jeanette » March 15th, 2004, 9:23 am

Julie: It is the old "muscle weighs more than fat" issue. Don't judge your success solely by the scales. Those looser fitting jeans are as good a tool as any!!
Jeanette :star:
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby TamiL » March 15th, 2004, 9:27 am

Julie
Your walking ALOT!! good for you...im willing to bet that your retaining water...because of that exercise!! its weird how our bodies work like that!! but you are loosing WEIGHT...your loosing body fat in INCHES..its just not registering on the scale!! that is the most important thing...DONT LET THE NUMBERS fool you...go by what your clothes feel like...THAT IS THE TRUTH!! your clothes dont get bigger hanging in the closet!! then when you put them on..they feel baggy!!! they stay the same size...and its YOU THAT IS SHRINKING!!!

forget the numbers on the scale if you are working out.....they will flucuate too much and too often. your body is building muscle..from walking..muscle weighs more than FAT..and muscle on your body speeds up your metabolism...which in turn....helps you burn fat even when your sleeping like a baby!! lol!! the more muscle mass you have...the less body fat you have..and your a lean mean machine!!!

dont get discouraged...your doing GREAT!!! :-P
Tami
ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU BELEIVE!!!

Medifast RESTART 13 March 09
150/my goal weight is 130
TamiL
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Starloser63 » March 15th, 2004, 9:55 am

I am down 5 lbs this week total 28!

I must be a spurt loser :lol:.

This is a LOSING TEAM! :cleader:
Through Christ all things all possible.
Susan F
246/216/150
3/23/04 2nd x
First Goal 199
Starloser63
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Jims Chick » March 15th, 2004, 10:00 am

I know that your muscles retain water when you exercise and that's a healthy thing. One of my new good habits is asparagus. I saute 4-5 cut up stalks of asparagus in a little chicken boullion every evening and eat it a little crunchy with my medifast soup. I usually have 4 shakes and a soup or an oatmeal each day. The asparagus is about 4 calories a spear and is a natural diuretic. I am unsure how much this helps with water retention for me....because I guess I don't really pay that much attention I guess. I do know that I love it and it is very healthy. And though it is a little expensive....everyone in my house thinks it's disgusting so I don't even have to share.

It is very frustrating not to see what I want to see on the scale even though I know I have made progress. I did go ahead a measure myself this weekend (wish I had done that before) and man....that's worse that weighing myself by far. I'm hanging in there.....gonna keep going!!
Julie :lol:
"I can do all things through Christ"

Start Date: January 10, 2004
243.5 / 218 / 140
25.5 pounds gone forever
Jims Chick
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby Nancy » March 15th, 2004, 10:58 am

Good Mornin' Everyone ~

You are all doing a great job! Each and every one of you. I am really proud of you.
:cleader:

Jeanette, we know that you have been under a lot of stress with your father's illness and in addition to all of the emotional upheaval that can cause, it does affect one's weight loss.

We all have various things that can affect out weight loss and our eating triggers - I've had some great weight loss weeks and had some weeks where nothing seemed to peel off of me. Just know that over a period of time, the excess weight DOES come off and you will get to your goal. It took us a while to get out of shape and out of control, we can't get back in shape overnight.

Go for it. Day by day. One shake/soup/oatmeal at a time! :exercise:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Previous

Return to Roll Call