Sunday Morning Roll Call, July 4th, 2004

Join our weekly (Sunday) weigh in.

Sunday Morning Roll Call, July 4th, 2004

Postby RavenKat » July 4th, 2004, 6:31 am

Happy Independence Day!!!

Independence from fat!

My week started badly, emotionally speaking, but I made it and lost two more pounds. "Success in a Shaker Jar" made it clear that I'm in an actual recognized phase of boredom. Somehow that makes me feel better - it doesn't say that this feeling only belongs to weak people or failures but to basically everybody. As well as, those people that made it all the way! It deosn't signal the eminent demise of my plan (unless I give up) - just a tough spot. I can live with that! :-P

Kat
259/180/165
RavenKat
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby MomJackieLee » July 4th, 2004, 8:18 am

I'm going to have to order that book TODAY. I need help as no loss this week. Holding steady in the dreaded plateau...
MomJackieLee
246/222/160
MomJackieLee
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Simmshe » July 4th, 2004, 8:36 am

Congrats Kat on your loss and for hanging tough! You are so close to your first goal--I can imagine your excitement!

And Jackie, I'm new here, but of course not new to losing weight (as we've all lost weight many times before, I'm sure). You know, everybody loses differently, and sometimes, when someone loses a chunk of weight quickly, the body seems to stop further weight loss, as it adusts, and then in a couple of weeks--BAM--you've dropped another chunk! I'm sure you will figure out any adjustments, if necessary, that will help to break your plateau. Just keep doing what you're doing and trust your body. Our bodies are amazing and know what they're doing :). I'm one of those people who never seem to lose well from week-to-week. In the past, I have always lost weight in increments ... no losses for three weeks, and then--BAM--12lbs gone! Keep hanging in :cleader:!

As for me, it's my 6th day, but I want Sundays, instead of Monday (when I started) to be my weigh in day. I've lost 14lbs! And this is with dreaded Aunt Flo visiting! I'm happy about the weight loss, and even more so at my self-control and resolve--this is huge for me :D!

Happy Independence Day everyone!

Sheryl
Restart: 5/01/05
333/280/155

Original start: 7/13/04-12/12/04
High weight (1997): 386lbs

Success depends upon previous preparation, and without such preparation there is sure to be failure--Confucius
Simmshe
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby MegMc » July 4th, 2004, 9:02 am

Congrats to all! And, especially to Jackie for hanging in there and being honest and posting even when in the midst of a dreaded plateau. I've had them myself, both on Medifast and years ago on Optifast, and they are frustrating and difficult to understand, given the few calories we are taking in. Just let your body adjust, and it will reward you with a weight drop soon.

I also bought "Success in a Shaker Jar" (with my first product order). I skimmed through it at the time, then put it on the shelf. But, yesterday I started feeling those twinges or boredom. So, I'm going to dig it out and read it this weekend.

The good news is that in spite of a couple of slip-ups (2 bars in 1 day, when I was stuck at work much longer than expected, and yesterday I had 2 lean and green meals to fight the boredom), I did manage to lose 3 pounds this week.

Unca, add me to the 20# club!
Meg
(highest weight - 9/7/03 - 254.5)
Medifast Start Date - 5/15/2004
246.5/223.0/115.0
MegMc
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby Amanda » July 5th, 2004, 10:30 am

this post is a bit late but i am glad to say i've lost 4.5 pounds this week which put me in the 30# club- whoohoo. I am having lean and green this weekend witht the 4th here and all the food around. Congradulations on everyones losses and for posting even if there was no loss-there was no gain and soon enough you'll see that loss. have a good week everybody :D :D :D :D :D :D
Peace & Love,
Amanda

Start Date: 5/14/2004

262.5/227.5/135
Amanda
Regular Member - #30 Club

Postby MomJackieLee » July 5th, 2004, 10:39 am

Well FINALLY, a pound. Got on the scale this morning and it finally inched down one pound this morning after my two week plateau. I hope by next week it will drop more. :whistle:
MomJackieLee
246/222/160
MomJackieLee
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby gerimarc » July 6th, 2004, 6:12 am

Well, I went to the doctor on Friday for weigh in and I was 193-1/2. Only lost 1/2 pound from the previous week. Not discouraged though. My clothes are fitting better. As a matter of fact they're getting too big. Anyway this morning I am 190. Hope everyone had a grand 4th of July.

Gerimarc
214/190/160
:D
gerimarc

Postby Carrie » July 8th, 2004, 5:51 am

I'm not sure what I weighed Sunday - I think I'm up a couple as a result of vacation - NOTHING I hadn't planned on happening. My vacation gave me a much needed break - mentally and physically from 'the real world' and I'm back as of this morning - reenergized and raring to go.

Keep workin it gang, we can do this together!

Carrie
Now: 2/5/07: 233.6/220.0/145
1st time: 3/1/04, from 266.5 to 195.4
Carrie
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Return to Roll Call