Sunday morning Roll Call-February 22, 2004

Join our weekly (Sunday) weigh in.

Postby elle4nelly » February 23rd, 2004, 9:47 am

Hi Brenda!

Hope your mom's okay. We're here for you! I am sooo proud of you! Under so much stress you didn't stray and reach for Icecream!!!! And that alone is absolutely Fantatstic!
I've been noticing that most of us have held steady through all sorts of situations!! People made it through Subway, Mcdonald, Family Illness, Visit to parents!!!
We are an awesome medifast Group!!!!!!

Nelly
Final Restart on Dec 18th
elle4nelly
Preferred member

This week's losses

Postby Nancy » February 23rd, 2004, 10:20 am

Howdy Doody, Everyone ~

So happy to hear that you are all checking in and encouraging one another. It may take a village to raise one child but it takes the MakeMeThinner Forum to keep us all going strong!

Brenda, I TOTALLY understand the hospital stress! Been there, done that and still worried about my parents! Stress is a factor that can certainly affect one's weight loss. When we are stressed out, our cortisol increases, making it less likely to drop weight. Sleep is also an important factor - Terry and I were up way too late - some nights this last week we were up ALL night and with no sleep, we are not efficient and we retain or go up in weight. NOT a good plan!

Some of you are real BIG LOSERS and that is so good - when you have those weeks of minimal loss, just remember this week! For those of you that had puny losses, we can hold out hope that some week will be our turn to be a really BIG LOSER! For folks that went backwards, you came to the right place today for encouragement and support. We are not perfect, there are days thst we fail to take the "EXIT" sign that the Lord provides for us when we are tempted and now we know what to do to get back on track.

We are always here for you. If you need us to whip ya with a limp celery stick, :x tell ya to get your buns outta the kitchen cupboards :whip: , we can do that! If ya need us to brush the crumbs off of your face and hug ya up, we can do that, too. :pet:

Some weeks are like that. I know. I'm having one this week. We went to SF last weekend and I had weigh too many cookies nad truffles. Because I can. Then we had the killer week with weigh too many meetings, not enough sleep, lousy eating schedule and weigh too many carbs.. :dooh:

Today is a new week, summer's coming and I am back on track.
Don't get nervous and think you'll never be able to eat STUFF again, because you will be able to. I just don't ever wanna overeat two days in a row and I did. I know what to do to get it off and that is what I'm doing because NOTHING tastes as good as thin feels. I purposely keep my leather pants in the front of my closet to remind me of how much I love them and enjoy wearing them. They are not forgiving! :whistle:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby elle4nelly » February 23rd, 2004, 10:36 am

You ar4e right Nancy!
I just read this weekend in one of my Health Magazine( I am addicated to them now, Shapes, Oxygen, Muscle fitness, Body,Mind & Spirit is a good one!) ..but anyway...read an article about maintenance. they were saying that one of the things we should do when we are maintaining our weight is to weigh yourself very often! We should have a 5lbs room and agree that anything above that 5lbs upward motion requires action. They said we should have a PLAN ahead of time for those weeks were that scales starts to move toward and beyond that 5lbs room. I know for me losing is only half the battle! Maintening will be a lifelong pursuit...so I'm reading lots of health magazine. I ordered a couple books about emotional eating and stuff like that...I'm 83 lbs away from my goal...but I want to be ARMED with all I need and most of all with the proper mind frame so that I never gain weight again!!!
I do admit In my case I'm in hurry to get to that tough work ahead...mostly because I developped last year a love of exercising ..I was a believe it Healthy-Fat as they call strange people like me. I jsut can't wait to do my 1 hour cardio 5 times a week and my 45 minute weight lifting 4 days a week!!
That alone combine with effective eating..and emotional coping re-adjustment should God & I willing ensure me a lifetime of Thin-ness!!!!

'CAUSE I AIN"T COMING BACK TO FATVILLE USA....Call the fat police and tell them I won't be back. Don't bother with the Search Team....I'm moving to Thin-Ville forever!!!!!!!!1

Nelly
Final Restart on Dec 18th
elle4nelly
Preferred member

Postby Nancy » February 23rd, 2004, 10:56 am

Nelly,

Thanks for your added notes. I never liked to exercise before because I wasn't in good shape. I DO like to exercise now and yesterday was so great for me because I spent several hours in the yard. I really enjoy working in the garden and mowing and trimming. We've been gone so much with work and my parents' illness so yesterday was my first day in the yard this winter.

When we were in San Francisco I amazed myself with the way I walked up those steep hills and never once huffed and puffed! Cool, huh?

So happy that you are a part of the Forum!
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby granolagirl » February 23rd, 2004, 1:09 pm

:(

I've been very good for two weeks now, and have gone from 172.5 to 175 and to 174. Talk about depressing.

I'm still plugging along, but wondering why I am not seeing any results, but having to deal with metal mouth and a heck of a headache.

Shouldn't some two pound losses be kicking in? I mean, at a minimum?
granolagirl
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby Jeanette » February 23rd, 2004, 1:55 pm

GG:

Sometimes out bodies want to hang on tight to the weight--don't ask me how I know this! :)

But keep the faith! If you are faithful to the program, it will be faithful to you. I bet very very soon, you will be reporting a BIG loss!!
Jeanette :star:
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby granolagirl » February 23rd, 2004, 3:34 pm

As long as it doesn't involve an amputation, that sounds good to me. :D Thanks for the words of strength!
granolagirl
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby Nancy » February 24th, 2004, 12:01 am

Hah! Granola Girl - no amputations allowed!

Truth be told, it was amputations that scared me straight! My Uncle had his toes, then his lower foot and then a BK (Below Knee) amputation due to diabetes. I began having circulation problems myself and got so scared that I began my research for a weight loss program that is safe and one that effectively helps people that have difficulty losing weight. Praise the Lord for Medifast!

I know how discouraging it can be to have the scale needle not behave! Soon and very soon it will be moving on down and you will see the results - you will soon be a loser, too!

Quick review: Have your first shake within an hour of crawling out of bed.
Then have shake #2 (or one other Medifast meal replacement product) within three-four hours. Drink 16 ounces of water between each meal.

I recently spoke to a new Medifaster that had a soup, a shake :shock: and :shock: a bar at lunch!

:oops: Whoa, Nellie! I helped her to know that we have but ONE Medifast Product per meal. The product IS the meal! She was having WAY too many products per day and a very large Lean and Green Meal. It was enough for two people. She still lost four pounds the first week. :lol:

Keep on doing the right things, the flab will go away and plague someone else! ;)
xxxooo
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Roll Call

Postby Guest » February 24th, 2004, 5:49 am

Sorry to be late. Was not online Sunday. Down 1.5lbs for the week. Slow but sure. You guys are great!!!!!!!! or as Tony the Tiger used to say, GRRRRReat!!!

Maisie

Postby Nancy » February 24th, 2004, 10:35 pm

Maisie ~

Woo Hoo! 6 cubes of butter is no longer living on your buns! It is :byebye: buh-bye 4ever!
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby Starloser63 » February 25th, 2004, 6:14 am

I forgot to post my weight loss. I lost 3 lbs for this weigh in. That is a total of 19!

Susan F
246/227/150
1/20/04
Through Christ all things are possible.
Starloser63
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Nancy » February 25th, 2004, 8:31 am

:coach: Weigh to go, Susan!

All right! Hey, I noticed that you are now down to a new bracket of ten - you are outta the thirties! Woo Hoo! :thumbup:

Keep on drinkin' your water and slurpin' your shakes - you're on your weigh to Thinsville via Healthyweighs! :grin:

xxxooo
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Previous

Return to Roll Call