Sunday Morning Roll Call, August 29, 2004

Join our weekly (Sunday) weigh in.

Sunday Morning Roll Call, August 29, 2004

Postby LongWay2go » August 29th, 2004, 4:05 am

CAA-CHING It's PAR-TEE time!

:yippee: LW2G doing a little happy dance :yippee:

7 pounds this week which means I met my week's goal of breaking the 30 pound mark!!! Despite dodging the flames aimed at my boutee from the skinny chick (a FOND reference to LW, please don't FLAME me!) I managed to stay on track. I scored several MAJOR victories this week, and will most certainly meet my first major goal next week which is to beat my 10 year low of 439 pounds, which I set 2 years ago!
    1. Tuesday I removed the dining room chair from beside my recliner. I no longer need it to get up!
    2. Wednesday I hung my cane on the doorknob and started WALKING without it - walking circles through the house for exercise.
    3. Friday when the housekeeper came in and saw me walking without the cane, she said, "Look at you GO!"
    4. Saturday I bought a little "incentive" to keep on track, like I needed more incentive! I went out and bought a new BMW Z4 convertible loaded! I can't fit in it. When they deliver it this week it will go into the garage. But man, do I have a kick-me-in-the-boutee reason to stick with it now!

:drive: :drive: :drive: :drive: :drive:

One VERY happy - Gerald
08/06/2004
on hiatus until "Vic the Vac" goes away!

WARNING: Don't try this at home, kids...
Euphoria may result!
Is this fun, or WHAT?!?
LongWay2go
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby Marseilles » August 29th, 2004, 5:04 am

I am pleased as punch to report a loss of 8.5lbs so far this week. Technically it isnt a full week for me yet, but Id like Sunday to be roll call for me as well so I am going to call that my total weeks loss and consider this the start of week two in my restart!

YAAAAAY!

Gerald, that is phenominal. I'm so very pleased for you, you must be thrilled to be finding yourself more mobile and stronger...and the new toy is pretty danged sweet as well. Now that is what I call motivation!!! Power to ya!

Happy shaking, everyone!!
-M.
:)
Marseilles
Preferred member

Postby LongWay2go » August 29th, 2004, 5:53 am

WOW, Marseilles, that is WONDERFUL!!! Congratulations on restarting, and 8.5 pounds without it being a full week is, well, it's AMAZING!

-Gerald
08/06/2004

Euphoria may result!
Is this fun, or WHAT?!?
LongWay2go

Postby DutchChoc » August 29th, 2004, 7:01 am

Wow, that's happy news, indeed! :D :D Congrats to both of you. This is some spunky group and we are on the road, for sure. Thanks for news of your progress away from props, Gerald. I'm glad you're going strong after this "prize".

I can report a minus 3 for this week, and that takes me below 140 for the first time in about five years, and I've spent most of that time above 150 or above 160.

My ambitiousness is still going strong. Not likely to cave in this week, so I'm pledging another week of continuance. Did dream of some chocolate chip glob last night that was horrifically disappointing in that I was scarfing it. That is not how I hope to transition!! So glad it was a dream.

Good luck to all this week, one shake at a time. :thumbup:
Ending weight MF 10/2004: 126
Starting weight 12/1/08: 168 :-(
Loss December: -7/-0
DutchChoc
Preferred member

Postby Simmshe » August 29th, 2004, 7:30 am

Go Gerald!!!
I'm soooo happy for you :)! Not only the 30lbs loss, but becoming more mobile and stronger physically--and already so much improvement in only three weeks--I can't tell you how wonderful it is to hear this! Very proud of you--keep it up :) <<<hugs>>>! You will be driving your slim self around in that sweet car of yours in no time :drive:!

And good going Dutch and Marseilles :). I know you have been a little frustrated, Dutch, about your body being stubborn/losing slow, and now you have reached a milestone of being at a weight that you haven't seen in five years! Sure does make the doubt and frustration disappear :). Happy for you--keep it up!

You too, Marseilles :). I've read your posts about the difficulties that you have experienced lately and am happy that things are going well for you and that you had a successful week back on MF :).

As for me, ole' Aunt Flo is here, so my weight is the same this week. And actually, I have decided to not weigh in again until week after next, at the eight week mark for me. It will be a challenge to not get on the scale for so long, but I've made not getting on the scale a goal, so I'm going to stick with it.

Congrats to everyone for persevering this week--you all have been duly rewarded! Let's do it again next week :cheers:!
Restart: 5/01/05
333/280/155

Original start: 7/13/04-12/12/04
High weight (1997): 386lbs

Success depends upon previous preparation, and without such preparation there is sure to be failure--Confucius
Simmshe
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Nancy » August 29th, 2004, 7:50 am

Yeow-ser!!!

I am so so :D happy for all of you! :D

Ger-ald! You are doing such an awesome job!

CAAAA-CHING! CAAAA-CHING! reverbs all across the USA from Maine to The Couve!

That is an outstanding loss, Gerald. You are truly one big loser, Guy!

I have :tears: tears in my eyes, Folks!! Real live drippy tears!

Sheesh! You bought a BMW Z4 convertible, as in a real live vehicle?

Not just a picture of one? Huh? What color?

Does it have a leopardy interior? :shock:

Does this mean that you are taking a road trip for our next summer MakeMeThinner Vacation Extravaganza?

Everybody, you rock! :kool: :thumbup: :hi5:

Let's have this new week be another terrific week where everyone sticks to their plan all the way through and see how we do!

(Those of you who can stay away from Mr. Scales, we will gladly allow you to do that!) ;)
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby sudaoning » August 29th, 2004, 7:55 am

Looks like a party going on in here!!

Can i join you??

You are all so awesome!

And Gerald thank you soooo much for sharing. Your joy is contagious! Thank you all.

Celebrating 20 pounds gone (21 actually :D )

I've been eyeing a recumbent bike and thinking it might make a suitable reward at some point. Wanna go riding Gerald??? :D You'll be there before you know it! Anybody else?

Shake on MFers!
Start; 7/26/04
217/172/140
45 pounds and goin down!
sudaoning
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby SusannaRosannaDanna » August 29th, 2004, 8:01 am

GERALD! you are always over the top! other people buy a new pair of JEANS that are two sizes smaller for incentive--you bought a CAR! And not just ANY car, I might add! LOL

I'm so glad to see everyone doing well--I was annoyed this week because the scale seemed to be STUCK, or worse, one morning I got up and weighed and it ADDED a pound. It was so annoying. LOL

BUT this morning I was at 276, a three pound loss from last week, and ONE measly pound from my first goal! Tuesday will be my official 4-weeks-on-Medifast mark, and I think I can hit my goal by then! What a rush!

Shake on! :water:

Susanna
Started 8/2/2004
297/234/140
Next goal: 220!

Wow. That's all I know to say.
SusannaRosannaDanna
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Nancy » August 29th, 2004, 8:05 am

Oh, Susanna ~

Be sure to report to us the VERY MINUTE you reach your goal of 275, okie dokie?

I am so proud of you. A recumbent bike is an excellent idea! My neighbor lady has one and it is a good workout - easier on the knees and hips, too.

Shake on, Kids!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby LongWay2go » August 29th, 2004, 8:17 am

DC-Congratulations! You know, you are one of my biggest inspirations around here, keep up the great work!

Simmshe-Thanks! Your posts inspire me too and I'm so happy to see you posting regular successes. Don't let Aunt Flo get you down and stay off that scale so you don't get discourged!

LW-Yes, a real-live one, as in Image This is what it looks like, and I'll post a picture later this week (when I get the real thing). Not only will I be driving it to our MMT Vacation Extravaganza, I'll let you take it out for a spin! ;)

Sudaoning-21 pounds is TREMENDOUS! Yes, I'll go riding with you! That's one of my goals, actually, to be able to get back on a bike. I'm in the process of scheduling a bike tour of France next summer already!

SRD-Yep, that's me, always over-doing everything! That's how I got in this fix in the first place, after all! We're all looking forward to you hitting your first goal! It looks like we'll both be hitting our first goal this week, eh?

-Gerald
08/06/2004

Euphoria may result!
Is this fun, or WHAT?!?
LongWay2go

Postby DutchChoc » August 29th, 2004, 9:16 am

Thanks, Gerald. I'm honored by your praise and I'll do my best for both of us. No matter what, you keep going, and I know you will. The car is beautiful!! :drive: Have any idea how much will be enough to get you in there?? Talk about inspiration and "Drive", literally. That will be one happy day and I'll be looking forward to hearing about it.
DutchChoc
Preferred member

Postby DutchChoc » August 29th, 2004, 9:22 am

Oh yeah, this is my incentive -- a "free rent" when I get to 130, at my request. I'm striving for a rent-free October at this point. I KNOW I will complete that mission because I love my spending $$$.
DutchChoc
Preferred member

Postby LongWay2go » August 29th, 2004, 10:01 am

Free rent? WOO-HOO! Think of all the clothes you'll be able to buy for that new slim body of yours! WOW!

-Gerald
08/06/2004

Euphoria may result!
Is this fun, or WHAT?!?
LongWay2go

Postby LongWay2go » August 29th, 2004, 10:03 am

Unca Tim-

If I did a naughty by posting the car pic, just delete the image and leave the link for clicking, if you don't mind! I'll post the real one with me by the car when I get it later this week in the gallery!

-Gerald
08/06/2004

Euphoria may result!
Is this fun, or WHAT?!?
LongWay2go

Postby Unca_Tim » August 29th, 2004, 10:31 am

No Prob Gerald,
The occasional photo link out of the "Studio" is fine. Especially when it's one of my fave cars. I've been drooling all over my keyboard since you posted it. Can't wait to see the real deal. It's a great motivater.

Happy shakin'
:cheers:
Unca
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Next

Return to Roll Call