Sunday Morning Roll Call, August 22, 2004

Join our weekly (Sunday) weigh in.

Sunday Morning Roll Call, August 22, 2004

Postby LongWay2go » August 22nd, 2004, 4:51 am

Ok, I got through this week by the skin of my teeth, but add another 5 pounds lost for me. I was really worried, as I was very bad and did not drink my water for 4 days. I really "flushed" myself the last two days though! So that puts me at 23.5 pounds after 2 weeks. That's something to celebrate, huh?

- Gerald
08/06/2004
on hiatus until "Vic the Vac" goes away!

WARNING: Don't try this at home, kids...
Euphoria may result!
Is this fun, or WHAT?!?
LongWay2go
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby LadyChamp » August 22nd, 2004, 6:16 am

I haven't logged in for a "weekly" for a while but I currently weigh 280.

That is a total loss of 58 pounds.

LadyChamp
LadyChamp
Regular Member - #50 Club

Postby DutchChoc » August 22nd, 2004, 6:41 am

Good morning all. Nice seeing your great reports LW2G and LadyChamp!!

I was hoping for more, but this is the best I can do today, another minus one. I'm honestly not misbehavin'. About the only thing I do that could be considered deviant is having a splash of 2% milk in my decaf several times a day and 2-3 packets of aspertame. I hope I don't have to give that up? I'd pretty much hate drinking plain decaf. I guess I'd tolerate plain decaf tea or herbal tea better, if I have to do it change.

I have a principle about weighing, though, which is --- on my digital scale, whatever it says, round to the lowest pound. Last week, it really said 142.8, and I called it 142. This week, it says 141.2, and I'm calling it 141. I really wanted to lie and call it 140, but that would be just that, a lie, so please hope for me that I don't get another stalling week ahead. I am not patient when I feel I'm doing without all the good stuff and little seems to be happening. However, I'm finally able to comfortably zip two skirts that I'd made and not finished because they were too tight to consider wearing, so that's "one good thing". I'm not stopping. I'm promising myself another good week.

And, more trivia!! I didn't order my MF on time and now I'm having to drink some yucky "carbsolutions" stuff until my order comes. OOHHHHH it's nothing compared to my beloved, fudgesicle dutch choc, that's for sure. I'll be SO glad to get to work tomorrow where I have a couple packets of the good stuff.

Take care, everyone. We shall do this one day at a time. :water:
Ending weight MF 10/2004: 126
Starting weight 12/1/08: 168 :-(
Loss December: -7/-0
DutchChoc
Preferred member

Postby LongWay2go » August 22nd, 2004, 6:56 am

DC-

One pound lost is a v.i.c.t.o.r.y any way you spell it, so don't lose hope! I'm a dedicated coffee drinker myself (and not decaf either!). I have two rules about my coffee:

1. Drink 1 glass of water for every cup of coffee I have (and that's EXTRA water over and above the daily requirement)

2. I use that fat-free half-and-half made by Land-o-Lakes instead of milk. It's rich and creamy and tastes good, while being low in calories and 0 as in ZERO fat!

Congratulations on your resolve to stay on the straight and narrow, even without shakes. What a woman you are! Keep the faith, you're doing GREAT!

- Gerald
Last edited by LongWay2go on August 22nd, 2004, 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
08/06/2004

Euphoria may result!
Is this fun, or WHAT?!?
LongWay2go

Postby DutchChoc » August 22nd, 2004, 7:44 am

Hummm -- I like your rules, and your mention of drinking water prompts me to say that I'm very bad about drinking enough water/"stuff". I know that I don't. Frankly, this is how bad I am -- drink shakes, drink 4 - 5 cups of decaf, and that's probably all, unless I'm at work, where I add about two caffeine diet C's to that. Very rarely, will drink a few sips of water. Maybe this is a significant faux-pas and I will try something new this week. Like do what I'm supposed to!! :oops:

I'm not wanting this degree of victory to slip away, either, as I know how easily it can and has, followed by SUCH self-recrimination.

Thanks for the clues and for the message! We shall not fail.
DutchChoc
Preferred member

Postby LongWay2go » August 22nd, 2004, 8:01 am

Yes, no doubt, drinking is very important and that came home to me like a hammer in the head this week! :hammerhead:

On Friday I realized that I was not drinking as much water (liquids) as I should have been on Monday - Thursday. I tried for a comeback, but yesterday morning (Saturday) I peeked to see how I was doing for the week and had only lost 2 pounds. I was HORRIFIED! :shock:

I drank enough water to float a battleship yesterday and was running to the john every 30-45 minutes, but it all paid off this morning when I stepped on Mr. Scale and he told me I'd lost 5 pounds for the week.

That should tell us all the importance of drinking our daily fluids. :dooh:

As far as the drinking a glass of water per cup of coffee thing, Nancy clued me in on that one, so give her the credit! Coffee dehydrates you (at least regular coffee does). I'm not sure about decaf. Nancy??? :scratch:
08/06/2004

Euphoria may result!
Is this fun, or WHAT?!?
LongWay2go

Postby DutchChoc » August 22nd, 2004, 8:42 am

That got a chuckle out of me, LW2G; I know HORRIFIED, that's for sure. When one wants something badly, it can do that to see less reward than what one aspires to see. Good that you found the "solution", no pun intended. I'd probably be more the coward, trying to drink less by hoping to come to the scale at dry weight. I sometimes try so hard, thus doing about the WRONG thing, that I ruin things for myself. I still haven't had any water and am on another cup of decaf, but before "noon", I will do it. You're a champ, and thanks for your presence here.
DutchChoc
Preferred member

Postby SusannaRosannaDanna » August 22nd, 2004, 9:24 am

Yayyy! Last week's water be gone! Last Sunday I was at 284, today I am at 279! Five pounds! Woohoo! Since I'm a chronic scale hog, I know I've been at 279 for a few days now, but I only "count" the official weigh in! LOL
I'm glad to see everyone else is doing well this week as well. What do I have to say to get you to DRINK THAT WATER?! Do you realize that every single time I have to use the facilities I have to drag my big behind up a flight of stairs? LOL And yet, I swig water all day! I have 2 cups of coffee in the mornings, a 20 ounce glass of water with every shake and supplement, a 20 ounce glass of green tea (winter I drink it hot) and countless water bottles throughout the day. I drink a lot. Maybe I need to add a shake just from running the stairs twelve times a day! LOL
Drink your water! :twisted:

Susanna
Started 8/2/2004
297/234/140
Next goal: 220!

Wow. That's all I know to say.
SusannaRosannaDanna
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby DutchChoc » August 22nd, 2004, 9:36 am

Yeah, SusannaRosannaDanna! It certainly works for you and for LW2G, so I "will" try it, too. Five pounds!! :water: I know what you mean about only counting the official weigh-in -- same here, and, like you, been sittin' at the same weight for days, wishing for a veritable breakthrough. :| Will keep marching forward, though. No letting up here. It seems to help me to try to commit here, week by week, for charging the hill again.
DutchChoc
Preferred member

Postby RavenKat » August 22nd, 2004, 3:24 pm

Just wanted to check in - same weight. My fault, though, not MF.

Kat
259/180/165
RavenKat
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby gerimarc » August 23rd, 2004, 5:28 am

Officially down 30 pounds as of Sunday weigh in. Went to a barbecue yesterday. Did good in the food department. Treated the afternoon hotdog and hamburger (no bread) as my meal for the day. Weighed this morning and I'm 183. Feels great. Good luck to all!

Gerimarc
214/180/160
started 4/04
gerimarc

Postby Lois » August 23rd, 2004, 9:03 am

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to stop in and say CONGRATULATIONS :yippee: :yippee:

I don't weigh in weekly because I end up being a slave to the scale, but I DO love seeing how GREAT you all are doing. Thanks for being such a tremendous inspiration....and keep on keepin' on....WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!

hugs,

Lois
Lois
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby smartiegrrl » August 23rd, 2004, 9:05 am

Good job everyone! :D

well I'm another 3lbs down for a total of 11! Yay!
~sg

(6/26/06) 230/225/130
smartiegrrl
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Disclaimer: I am cranky this morning

Postby Nancy » August 23rd, 2004, 9:07 am

People, People, :x Waterless People…

What will I EVER do with you? I think I need to come over to your house/office and inflict some SERIOUS noogies on your noggins.

First of, I SHALL not accept any GRIPES, moans, crabbing or dissing of my miraculous Medifast from any of you who avoid drinking water. You are on my list – and lemme tell ya, you are NOT on my Favorite List this morning.
You MUST drink water. While Crystal Light, Diet pop, coffee and tea are indeedy doo fluids, they are not water.

As you burn fat, your fat cells are emptying out. Just like wood and paper burn and leave ashes, you have FLAB ASHES. If we fail to clean out our fireplace or the burn barrel, after a while they become full and really gnarly – well, Folks, that happens in essence to your Fat cells, too - we need to flush out the FLAB ASHES. DO you realize how much garbage is in the food we eat? There are preservatives, pesticides and other -ives and –cides, the likes of which I do not know and do not care to know – just trust me, there’s gross-out garbage in there and it needs to be flushed out and hosed out. Thus, drink W-A-T-E-R! :water:

Before Medifast, I barely ever had water. I mean barely. I dragged my toothbrush thru a teensy trickle of water two – three times a day and that was my total water consumption. I even took my vitamins, estrogen, Indcin and Prednisone with coffee!

People, ya gotta drink your water….IF I could and can drink water, you CAN too. You just don’t WANT to.

Are you being :twisted: stubborn children? :twisted:

Weight loss is affected by water consumption.

While coffee IS fine (I love it, I drink it – after all, I live in the NW – we have more Starbuck’s out here per capita than anywhere…), ya still gotta drink your water.

Re: Coffee DO NOT, repeat, DO NOT use that powdered corn syrup junk in your coffee or tea. Have you ever read the label on that?

Even if you are in a pinch, don’t drink it. Not even if you are desperate, don’t even use it.

You may use 1-2 TABLESPOONS of low-fat or Skim (argh! I’d rather drink mine black, thank you very much than to drink SIN milk!)

You may even have a small amount of Half and Half just watch it! I personally buy the Fat Free Half and Half for home use here at the MakeMeThinner Cottage but PLEASE NOTE: it DOES have Corn Syrup and Sugar added! It has no cholesterol and no fat but DOES have sugar…
Remember: Fat Free Products USUALLY Have corn syrup added…for some of you, having that corn syrup can get your tongue and mind into the groove of wanting more and more sugar…

You may gladly have Splenda®, Equal® or Sweet ‘N Low® but please, no sugar! Thus, we do not use that white powdered corn syrup junk – corn syrup IS sugar…

Unca, who is skinny as a rail, uses that fancy Nestle Coffee Mate® Cinnamon and Vanilla Coffee Creamer in the pot of coffee he drinks daily. IF I want to enjoy flavored coffee, I use the Sugar free Davinci® syrup and Half and Half.

Folks, drink your water. :water: It may not be your beverage of choice but it is needful. Just do it. Just shuddup about it and drink it. You will see a difference in your weight loss. You will help to avoid constipation problems, you will feel and look better because you are getting rid of the Flab Ashes. Drink your water.

Make a little chart and mark your water and your shakes down. I used to keep a little blue Post-It note on my desk at work and would mark down each 16 ounce bottle of water that I drank. I also have a rule I drink a bottle of water to and from the store or wherever I happen to be putzing about. My car needs fuel and so do I. You need water. Water helps to allay hunger pangs.

When we were in Baltimore last month, the first place we stopped was Wally World to buy a case of water. When we go on a plane trip, our carry-on contains a couple of bottles of water. Gotcher water?

If ya just can’t hack water at all, try adding a SMALL squeeze of lemon juice. I love Minute Maid® 100% lemon juice – it is in the frozen food section, usually near the fish – just one or two teensy drops makes your water taste real good. I also use the lemon juice on my salad. Lemon juice DOES have a few carbs in it but not THAT many unless you are consuming BOTTLES of the stuff per day.

Another note: HOT DOGS are not considered to be LEAN meat for the Lean ‘N Green…it is important to have salad or cooked veggies WITH the meat serving – we need to eat a balanced meal of protein and carbs – we do not spread out the protein and the carbs from one another- they are to be eaten together. Celery is mostly water, it does have SOME carbs but minimal so it is OK to have the three stalks of celery here and there throughout your day as needed but as a general rule do not eat your 4-5 ounces of protein without having the salad or vegetables – it is a combination meal that we eat. Otherwise you are doing the eat-all-the meat-you-can-hack diet…Medifast is a BALANCED meal replacement program – protein and carbs are just about in a 1:1 ratio except for the bars.

[Men, you get 6-7 ounces of protein. Yeah, Folks, you all need to weigh your protein portions - weigh after cooking. Don’t just eye-ball your protein portions – you are used to seeing those Biggie Size Portions and you cannot trust what you ‘think’ is the right size meat portion. Weigh it. No wonder your weight losses are not consistent.]

OK waterless People, Quit whinning! Do it and do it right! :x

Ok, I shall now remove my long black robe and climb down off the lectern and return to my Leopard Woman outfit.

Terry and I are going out of town for a few days – to Bend, OR to see some friends of ours and to do a Healthy Tasting – we’ll go over the Medifast Program and have them taste some of the Medifast products. They do serious workouts – I mean heavy duty stuff like ripping telephone books in half, blowing up hot water bottles, breaking bricks, etc. Maybe you’ve heard of them, they are The Freedom Team. They are anxious to try our Take Shape Bio-engineered Food.

I shall take my laptop with me and certainly will check in frequently to see how you are all doing. Unca will be keeping things under control here at the MMT Cottage. Drink your water or I’ll have to come over there and harm you! I'm outta here. :heart:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby gerimarc » August 23rd, 2004, 10:16 am

Advice well taken, Nancy. I knew when I ate it that I should not have had the hot dog, but hot dogs and hamburgers is all they had. They had no salad greens and no veggies at all. People were even complaining that there was no cheese for their hamburgers. I didn't eat the donuts, red clam chowder, baked beans, regular soda, beer. None of that. All I had was one hot dog with a squirt of mustard and one skinny hamburger, also with mustard. I probably should have had two hamburgers, now that I think of it, but I still to this day can't stand the looks you get........what!!!!no bun and Is that all you're eating? I drank water with the hot dog and hamburger. Considering my environment, I think I did okay. Went home and finished the day with shakes.
gerimarc

Next

Return to Roll Call