Stupid Scale

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Stupid Scale

Postby Sarya » May 7th, 2006, 2:00 pm

So I had one of those cheapie analog scales that I paid like $6 for. I've known it's accurately inaccurate for a while now, but it's all I had. (What I mean here is that it has always been a lower weight than other scales, but accurately a lower weight). Even though I knew this I still had it in my head I weighed x pounds. So today I went and got a new digital scale and it said I weighed 10 pounds more than the other scale! I knew this from before, but I guess I had conveniently forgotten it because it really upset me. I came pretty close to cheating, but instead I ate my lean and green meal. I made a nice curry chicken with broccoli. I might have overspiced it, but if my form of "cheating" is going to be extra spices on food.. I think I can handle it?

Eh. I just felt like I had to put it out there and get it out of my head.

I look at all of these beautiful before/during posts, and I think about how wonderful it will be to see those kinds of changes in my own body. I have a wedding to go to at the beginning of July and another in October. I have unofficial mini goals for those dates. I don't know what they are in weight, but I know I want to require a new outfit for each wedding!

--S
Sarya
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Arklahoma » May 7th, 2006, 2:46 pm

Way to go with your positive mental attitude. It's so easy to get into a tailspin, but you handled this situation with such tenacity. I'm so proud of you!!!
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Hi

Postby dede4wd » May 7th, 2006, 3:06 pm

I bought a STUIPD scale too and had to adjust my starting weight. I'm glad it didn't drive you to cheat! I'm glad you've made it through the shock! Spice it up!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Ct. Yankee » May 7th, 2006, 3:54 pm

As upsetting as your surprise with your scale, you really did great, staying on the program today! :D It probably would be less confusing for you, as DeDe mentioned, of re-adjusting your starting weight then subtracting on your ticker what you lost. Just a suggestion. And, be really proud of yourself for sticking with the plan through your disappointment! Good for you!!!! :-P

Joan
Ct. Yankee

Postby Sarya » May 7th, 2006, 3:58 pm

Hi Joan, I did end up adjusting everything and keeping the loss because I know the scale was at least _that_ accurate. :) Writing it down really helped a lot. I don't feel as bad about it anymore.
Sarya
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Ct. Yankee » May 7th, 2006, 4:05 pm

I am happy that you feel better! Keep up your good work! :D

Joan
Ct. Yankee

Postby lifelovinaries » May 7th, 2006, 5:16 pm

Regardless of what your starting weight was, you still LOST the same amount. But keep the positive attitude and the weight will continue to flow off!

restart: 01/04/10
lifelovinaries

Return to The Weight Room