stupid pickle question

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

stupid pickle question

Postby doglover » February 25th, 2005, 1:08 pm

Man, how dumb can this one be....I was at the store looking at pickles and got so confused :oops:

When you say 2 dill pickles do you mean small circle dills, baby whole dills, large dills or sliced dills????? I never knew there were so many options!!!!

I have been so compliant w/ the program for 3 1/2 weeks that the ONLY thing I've had outside of 6 meals is bouillon! I decided today that I need something and I decided on pickles instead of food!!

Thanks for answering such a dumb question!
:roll: Donna
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Sylvia » February 25th, 2005, 2:39 pm

I got the biggest plumpest dills I could find and had one or two when I really needed to crunch. Didn't impact my weight loss so I say go for the big ones!
Sylvia
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby raederle » February 25th, 2005, 2:45 pm

Sylvia's right-- I think I remember reading here at the forum that the pickles mean two *whole* (large) dill pickles, not slices or spears or chips. It's not a dumb question-- someone else asked it recently and there was lots of consternation til Nancy swooped in and set us straight! It was a joyous day in my home when I learned I could eat two whole pickles, but to be honest, they're so salty I have trouble eating more than 2 spears at a time anyway.

Pickles are very low in carbs because cukes are mostly water to begin with, so you can't do too much damage with them-- but if you find yourself stalling and you haven't changed any other habits, make sure the salty pickles aren't to blame!
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
Reached goal (125) 3/27/05
New goal: 130
I'll reach it again, one day at a time
raederle
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby doglover » February 25th, 2005, 4:55 pm

Thanks gals, that really helps. I am having a really rough day. Very hungry and tired and feel weak again. I had one bouillon this morning and may have to have another. Today was the worst day ever for me to want to quit. I began questioning why I felt the need to be skinny! I need to live one hour at a time. I'm just baffled as to why I feel this way. Nothing has changed, I'm on my last days of my cycle so I know it's not PMS. But I remember reading someone, maybe Nancy, saying that when she felt this way she had the biggest weight loss so I am hoping for good things on the scale Sun!

Anyway, thanks again for pickle info. I was in a pickle! ;)
Donna
Feb 7, 2005 start date
doglover

Babies or spears or slices...oh my!

Postby cthrn007 » February 25th, 2005, 6:47 pm

I am glad you asked that Donna because I was just so afraid of doing something wrong I have been eating two baby dills when I am in a pcikle. One day I felt like legally rebelling (instead of cheating) and I ate 4 baby dills... the biggest baby dills in the jar too! I felt so bad all day!

I am so excited to hear that I can do that guilt free because we were allwoed to eat two regular sized pickles all along!!!

How exciting!!

Have a wonderfule weekend & now I'll be thinking about ya when I eat my pickles! :bib:

~C
cthrn007

Postby monkeymom » February 25th, 2005, 9:14 pm

Donna, this is so funny because I was in the store just a couple of hours ago and was thinking the same thing. :lol:
No question that keeps you from binging on something you shouldn't is stupid. Remember that. And thanks for posting the question because now I have the answer too :mrgreen:
Vicki
255 - 1/29/08
monkeymom
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby doglover » February 26th, 2005, 7:14 am

So glad I could help C and Vicki! LAst night, after a starvin' Marvin' day, I was so FULL! I ate soup and salad for dinner then guzzled a bottle of water and had to force myself to have hot chocolate for my last meal! Too weird how this body works!
Donna
Feb 7, 2005 start date
doglover

Postby MamaD » February 26th, 2005, 7:25 am

You know--- When I am screaming meanie hungry mad.... I dive into the chidken and wild rice soup. I cook it on the stove with 2 cups of water and shake in some dried onion... smach up some mf crackers in there.... and I am good to go. I have to have the savory flavors more than the sweet...I also like those spicy pickles...what are they called??? the HOT ones????..hehe are the Nancy hot mama dills??? No really they have a real name... but those are good. Never knew how intriging the pickle isle could be.......................
MamaD
Trusted Member

Postby jene115 » February 27th, 2005, 8:04 am

Okay, I have to wage a protest. If the dill pickle eaters can eat two large dill pickles, why can't the dill pickle haters who eat sweet gherkins, sweetened with Splenda, no calories, no carbs, can only have two, when they are half the size and have no calories, carbs, protein, only some sodium. Life isn't fair! :x
Jen
03/01/08
"I'm stronger than my cravings!"
jene115
Preferred member

Postby Nancy » March 1st, 2005, 11:10 pm

Yup. You are so right.

Gherkins are puny.

No one said that you could only have two punies.

I'd eat the equivalent to two dills. Watch the calories and carbs. I think the ones you folks found are carb-free; I'm just not a sweet pickle aficionado.

I make my own dills and they are HOT! I also make some that are for wimps like Terry and a load of Hotsy Totsies for moi and my hot friends.

There are some really hot pickles on the market. In the NW where we live, if I buy pickles, I buy Banquet Hot dills and Mrs. Neusihin's kosher dills. There may be different brands available in your particular area.

I also like green olives stuffed with jalapeños or garlic and buy them from The Olive Lady at the fair and Christmas Bazaar. We also buy pickled garlic, from of course, The Garlic Lady at the local Farmers' Market.

I had some green beans last night with Habanera and Lime Salsa. 2 Tablespoons has 12 calories.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Return to Come on in.