STUPID QUESTION

Add your favorite recipes.

STUPID QUESTION

Postby NikkiNix » May 2nd, 2004, 12:58 am

I WAS WONDERING ABOUT THE SOUPS. RECENTLY I BAUGHT THE DELICATE CHICKEN NOODLE AND NOTICED THAT THERE ARE ONLY 20 CALORIES IN THEM AND THEY COME 14 TO A BOX. WELL I KNOW IT SAYS THREE SHAKES AND YOU CAN EAT 2 SOUPS AS REPLACEMENTS. I WAS JUST WONDERING IF THESE WERE STRICKLY FOR SNACKS OR CAN YOU EAT 2 SOUPS TOGETHER AND CALL IT A REPLACEMENT MEAL :?: I WAS ALSO WONDERING ABOUT THE CAPPACHINO CAN YOU HAVE IT LIKE A SHAKE OR DOES IT HAVE TO BE HOT :?: DOES THIS COUNT AS A MEALREPLACEMENT OR A SNACK :?:

THANKS TO ANYONE THAT CAN HELP
NIKKINIX
Today is the first day of the rest of my life!
NikkiNix
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby TamiL » May 2nd, 2004, 6:35 am

Hey Nikki...there is NO SUCH THING as STUPID questions on this forum!! we all have questions about stuff from time to time...so dont feel awkward asking... ;)

The delicate chicken soup you have are the "fast soups" which can be used in ADDITION to your other supplements...they are for inbetween meals...and are great for when you are having those hunger pangs and need some salt!! you can have up to 2 of them a day, in addition to your other supplements. The Soups that have 90-100 calories in them such as the chicken noodle, creamy chicken (my favorite) and creamy broccoli, creamy tomato and minestrone are all considered MEAL replacements.
The cappachino is also considered a meal replacement...you can have that instead of a shake...if you were to combine it with a shake..that would be 2 supplements taken at once, which youd have to ask Terry or nancy about that...I have had to take 2 shakes at once at times cuz of my schedule..but I try not to do it if I dont have to!!
I hope that helps ya!! I use the fast soups alot..I love the delicate chicken and the robust tomato...they are life savers for me at times when Im really hungry!! :-P

happy shakin my shakin pal!!

Tami 8)
ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU BELEIVE!!!

Medifast RESTART 13 March 09
150/my goal weight is 130
TamiL
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Thank you!!

Postby Guest » May 2nd, 2004, 11:19 pm

Tami your the greatest :D

Thanks for the fyi :!:

NIKKINIX

re: Soup Question

Postby Nancy » May 4th, 2004, 8:08 pm

Hiya, NikkiNix ~

Well, I am so glad ya asked!

The Fast Soups (Delicate Chicken, Robust Tomato and Savory Beef) are just little extras – snacks, in between meal delights! They are NOT meal replacements and are not to be used IN PLACE of a regular shake. They do have few calories and do not provide the needed protein for refueling the body. They are GREAT to use like you would to enhance the flavor of regular meals – like I sometimes add a bouillon cube to make home made soup or gravy a bit tastier. While on the Medifast weight loss program, it is perfectly fine to use a packet of the Fast Soups to make the minestrone or the chili a tad bit more flavorful and to stretch it or to make the volume a bit greater but do not use the Fast Soup in place of a shake, a serving of oatmeal or a serving of the regular creamy soups.

The cappuccino IS a meal replacement. Unlike the Fast Soups, it is NOT considered a snack item. It can be eaten hot or cold and could be used for one of your five Medifast meals on the Five and One plan or as one of the FIVE to SEVEN Medifast meals used on the Complete Plan.

Generally we suggest that you have three COLD shakes a day – cold because some of the full effects of the nutrients can be lost when the soy is heated to higher temps. That’s why many nutritionists and dieticians recommend that vegetables are eaten raw or gently steamed rather than boiled to avoid nutrient loss.

How do you like the cappuccino? Do you like it hot or cold?
Hopefully, I’ve cleared things up for you, NikkiNix.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

LIKED THE CAPPAHINO HOT

Postby NikkiNix » May 8th, 2004, 10:54 pm

HI NANCY,

I LIKE THE CHINO HOT IT'S GREAT IN THE MORNING AFTER WORKING ALL NIGHT AND I GET THE CHILLY WILLIES. I HAD A QUESTION FOR YOU I HOPE YOU CAN ANSWER. I KNOW BULLION AND PICKLES AND CELERY IS CONSIDERED "FREE" I WAS JUST WONDERING ABOUT ONIONS :?: I WOULD LOVE TO CHOP THEM UP IN THE CHILI WHICH I HAVE JUST PURCHASED CAUSE IT TASTES KIND OF BLAND EVEN WITH THE EXTRA CHILLI SPICE ADDED TO IT. I KNOW ONIONS DON'T HAVE MANY CALORIES I WAS ALSO WONDERING ABOUT LEMONS AND LIMES CAN WE EAT THESE ONCE A DAY TO HELP WITH THAT TIME OF THE MONTH :?: IF NOT CAN YA LET ME KNOW WHY.

THANKS A BUNCH
NIKKINIX
NikkiNix

Postby Nancy » May 10th, 2004, 4:58 pm

NIKKINIX ~

Yup, you may have onions! You may have up to 1/4 cup raw peppers, onions, cucumbers, celery, mushrooms, brocc, tamaters, cabbage, radishes or sprouts. I really like to add some chopped tomato and/or cabbage and green beans to the minestrone; onions and tomato is a great addition in the chili. Mrs Dash has a number of salt-free vegetable and herb flavorings that enhance the flavor of the soups and any fresh or steamed veggies that you may have.

Re: lemon and lime

per Linda Spangle in Success in a Shaker Jar p. 19
"...add a slice of lemon or a small amount of lemon juice to make it (water) palatable. Limit the juice to three to four drops for each eight-ounce glass of water. The small amount of carbohydrate in a few drops of lemon juice won't affect the nutritional balance of Medifast."

I have "safely" used the juice of a quarter lemon or lime as a salad or veggie dressing and also in a glass of iced tea for flavoring.

Moderation in the key - if you eat twelve lemons and limes per day, then I think we have a problem here! heh heh :lol:
Last edited by Nancy on May 11th, 2004, 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

THANKS

Postby NikkiNix » May 10th, 2004, 9:28 pm

THANKS FOR THE INFORMATION NANCY :D I LOVE ONIONS I CAN EAT THEM EVERYDAY WHICH IS FUNNY BECAUSE I USED TO HATE THEM AS A KID.

THANKS NIKKINIX
NikkiNix

Postby Nancy » May 10th, 2004, 10:18 pm

You're welcome. Enjoy those onions! We love those red onions - Yum, yum!
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby explorthis » May 11th, 2004, 7:22 am

Nancy, I am sticking this part of your response about onions, lemons, and limes in the FAQ area for future reference... Thanks for this!

-Your faithful servent.
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Return to Lean Cuisine