Possibly a stupid question

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Possibly a stupid question

Postby bzlife1967 » March 17th, 2006, 3:43 pm

I was looking at the Salad dressing that I love, Athenos mediterranean dressing Greek with Feta Cheese. The second ingredient is soybean oil. Does anyone know the connection to the soy products in medifast and soybean oil... here is where the stupid question is... Is the oil made from the same type of soybean as the soy we are getting from medifast? Is it comparable to olive oil is it better for you or worse than olive oil? The calories in this dressing are a little high so I rarely use it and when I do I only use 1/2 of the serving size.

Nutrition Facts
Serving size 2Tbsp (30 g)
Calories 110
Fat 11g
Sat fat 1.5 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Total Carb 2 g
Fiber 0 g
Sugars <1g
Protein 0g

I love this dressing and it does seem to help with the "trips to the sandbox" The quick start guide does state you can take olive oil for the sandbox issue, so of course Im hoping that this dressing is ok in moderation. You guys are SOOOO great!! Maybe one day I will be as knowledgeable as all of you on all this stuff!!

Thanks in Advance

-Geri
Friends are angels that lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly!
Highest 289
MF 250/216/150
Restart 02/27/07
bzlife1967
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby LovenElvis » March 17th, 2006, 4:54 pm

The first thing I notice is how many calories that 2Tbsp has...that is quite a bit.
LovenElvis
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby saraak » March 17th, 2006, 5:08 pm

I use dressings that are higher in caloric content such as these as well. I do, however, ONLY use 1 T. instead of 2. I've been losing weight just fine. I guess I figure my body doesn't know the difference if I'm using half the amount of dressing that has essentially the same nutritional facts equal to 2 T. of a lower calorie/fat/carb count.

Sara
saraak

Postby Diana » March 19th, 2006, 1:48 pm

Are there different kinds of soybeans? However, since there are different kinds of tomatoes, carrots, etc....

I imagine the oil is a byproduct, just like, say, corn oil or seasame seed oil. There's no protein in it. But it tastes good! :D

Does Athenos make a low cal or "lite" version?

I like saraak's solution of using 1T. The calories, at least, are then within range.

Here's to our mutual success!
Diana
Here's to our mutual success! :buddies: --Diana
Diana
Preferred Member - #120 Club
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Postby bzlife1967 » March 19th, 2006, 3:19 pm

They don't make a low calorie version that I have found :( Ive tried a couple of the Walden Farms dressings and they are too sweet to me. I will probably continue using this dressing and just use half a serving cuz I haven't found one yet that I like as much or even close.
Friends are angels that lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly!
Highest 289
MF 250/216/150
Restart 02/27/07
bzlife1967
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby DogMa » March 19th, 2006, 8:40 pm

When I use full-fat dressing (usually out, since I rarely have salads on my own), I have it on the side and dip my fork into before each bite of salad. You get dressing with each bite but you'd be surprised at how little of it you really need.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Paul » March 21st, 2006, 7:33 am

I've never liked salad dressing, of any kind. Thats certainly not my problem. I've always hating salad dressing, mayo, mustard, anything like that.
Paul

Return to Weight Loss