Ugh... Small setback? Possibly?

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Ugh... Small setback? Possibly?

Postby Zinkette99 » January 21st, 2006, 1:11 am

So yeah, I know I posted about my 5 pounds loss earlier in the day.

However today I had an extra serving of grilled chicken and 2 pickles along with my 5 medifast meals. So I guess it was like I had 2 lean and green meals today really. I don't know what it was but I was up for 18 hours today and was just starving.

Do you think I have screwed up big time? It's not like I went out and had Burger King or something awful like that but I just feel AWFUL. :(
25 years old
5'8
Started MF'ing: 6/5/06
267/247/135

"Strive for perfection, allow for error. If you haven't given up, you haven't failed."
Courtesy of ChiNut :):)
Zinkette99
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby ljm498 » January 21st, 2006, 7:14 am

Hi Zinkette! While how much lean and green we eat is important for caloric purposes as well as keeping the balance between carbs and protein, I don't think that what you did is going to throw you off too far, if at all. It is hard when we have a longer than usual day and you've finished your last meal hours before. I think the next time your best bet is to have another shake or MF meal. That will only add a few more calories and keep the carb-protein balance.

I think overall you really made a good choice rather than eat something completely not on the program. That's great!

I would just keep on following the program and take this as a learning experience. You're doing great!
Lynne

Me 34
DH 41
DS 1
Dcats Pookie & Poto

Started 3/28/05
Starting Weight 214.5
Current Weight 125
Goal Weight 115-120
Total Lost 89.5 lbs!!! Wahoo!!!
ljm498
Preferred Member - 80# Club

extra chicken

Postby Jan » January 21st, 2006, 8:45 am

Hi Zinkette,
Lynne gave you great advice. You were up a long long time -- 18 hours. An extra shake would have been great!! Don't worry we all have our little "learning experiences " It's passed time for the next day!! Don't think you did toooo much harm either.
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby ktrout » January 21st, 2006, 2:17 pm

I work as a network administrator and sometimes work some pretty screwy hours. It's also part of the reason for the weight gain over the last several years due to no real set meals hours and lots of take out delivered to the office. To help keep me on track I bought a second mini blender and keep several packets and bars in my desk drawer. It's already saved me a couple times when I had to go in early and stay late.
313/228/200

1-1-2006 Start Date
7/15/2007 ReStart Date
ktrout
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby Zinkette99 » January 21st, 2006, 8:12 pm

Again, ya'll are awesome.

ktrout great idea with the supplies at work. I think that's just what I'm going to have to do... Better to have an extra shake than to break down and eat something that could wreck all my hard work.

And it has been hard. This week was killer. I feel bad for my husband, its been worse then PMS!
25 years old
5'8
Started MF'ing: 6/5/06
267/247/135

"Strive for perfection, allow for error. If you haven't given up, you haven't failed."
Courtesy of ChiNut :):)
Zinkette99
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby cydj21 » January 21st, 2006, 10:04 pm

Today is day 7 for me. Days 2-4 were real tough....I bet my fiance was just praying I would break down and eat a cookie so he could live in peace! :roflmao:

I think doing what you can to plan for long days will be a big help for you. As a college student with a lot of other commitments and two jobs, my day to day schedule changes a lot, so I take a few minutes the night before to really plan out when I am going to eat. I am finding myself to be a big believer in the theory that without great planning we can't be great losers.

Congratulations on your success so far! :D
Cyd
Highest Weight - 271lbs in 2006
cydj21
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Return to The Weight Room