Stupid Question But Need an Answer

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Stupid Question But Need an Answer

Postby Newbie » June 7th, 2006, 11:07 am

ok this sounds stupid but everytime i am heating my meals (i am only on day 3) they overflow in the microwave. is there anyway to keep them from doing this - its such a small amount but i swear it grows a ton!!

Postby loriannk » June 7th, 2006, 11:35 am

Hi!

Use a bigger bowl? I use a large soup bowl that is very tall. I cook my soups for 2:45 and then let them sit 5 - 10 min then micro for another min. I never have overage and it tastes so good.

Good Luck! Check out the Lean Cusine section for some great ideas to spruce up the food.

Lori
3 kids ages 2, 8 & 9
loriannk
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Lital » June 7th, 2006, 12:54 pm

It does take a while for the liquid to soak into the soups, doesn't it?
I don't let mine set that long in between, but I usually end up waiting that long after the final 'waving' before things are a bit more mushy.
:lol:
~Li
Lital

Postby Mike » June 7th, 2006, 1:17 pm

We have found that the best way is to let the soups soak for a few minutes first, then microwave for a minute. The stir. Then another minute. Then let them sit for a minute before eating.
Oatmeal just micro for aminute and a half and if needed, another 30 seconds.
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Sarya » June 7th, 2006, 3:38 pm

I agree about the bigger bowl. I've had to do it. Some of the soups are more prone to this than others. I have those rectangle disposable glad thingies. They like a pint or something.. not even the frothiest soup overflows in that thing. At home I have a nice purple bowl I bought at targent. It's a nice deep ceramic bowl and is mostly empty when I use it, but things don't overflow :) I get so mad when I lose 1/4 or more of my supplement.

--S
Sarya
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Arklahoma » June 8th, 2006, 2:52 am

I had the overflow at first but then I bought a 4 cup pyrex glass measuring cup that is only used for MF. I've never had overflow again.
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby electra000 » June 8th, 2006, 8:34 am

I found some plastic measuring cups with lids. I think they hold 4 cups. I bought six of them. They were 99 cents a piece. They are great for letting your soup and chili soak in the fridge before cooking. When I come home for lunch or after work I can just grab the cup and stick it in the microwave. I usually add a couple of fresh mushrooms to my chicken noodle and chicken and rice. Makes it really yummy ! :bib:
electra000
Preferred member

Return to Come on in.