A somewhat embarassing question......

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

A somewhat embarassing question......

Postby Lois » November 14th, 2003, 11:49 am

Hey, we're family around here, right? ;)

So my question is......

Does the appetite supression formula give anyone else the RUNS :oops:??

Gotta GO.............. :shock: :shock: :shock:

hugs,

Lois
Lois
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Jeanette » November 14th, 2003, 12:28 pm

Hey lady!

I am not taking the appetite supressant formula, but....my stool is still pretty loose. Sometimes it feels like all the water in my body goes out in two different places at once! :water:
Jeanette :star:
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Ellen » November 14th, 2003, 4:33 pm

I haven't tried the appetite suppression shakes yet, but the regular shakes made me just a little loose in the first couple of days. That all got regulated within a few days. Now my iron levels are really low so my doctor has put me on some iron pills -- needless to say that is a whole different story!

From my understanding, the Appetite suppression shakes have added fiber in them (I believe it is a fruit based fiber), so it would make sense that they may cause a little looseness as the body adjusts to the extra fiber. I know they say that Metamucil or other fiber supplements can cause gas and loose bowels in the first few days.

Now that I think about it, those Appetite suppression shakes may be just the thing to counter-act these iron pills.... sigh....
Ellen
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Postby Lois » November 16th, 2003, 4:06 pm

Hi ladies...

Thanks for your words of support.

I only use the App.Supp. formula once in a while.....maybe I'll adjust :roll:

In the meantime, Ellen, it sounds like you and I have opposite plumbing problems going on :oops: :oops:

Ah, the price we pay for being slim and beautiful ;) !!!!!!!!!

hugs,

Lois
Lois

Postby Lois » November 16th, 2003, 8:48 pm

YIKES!!!!!!!!! It happened AGAIN!!!!!!!!!

This afternoon I had the App.Supp. formula (warmed it up like cocoa).....and about six hours later, I am RUNNING to the potty :shock: !!!

HELP!

Part of the problem (other than the fast trips to the bathroom!) is that I have almost two full boxes of this formula on hand! I thought it would be useful on those days when I'm at the seminary and I'm sitting in class waiting for a break and getting hungry.....instead, I don't DARE drink this stuff when I need to leave the HOUSE :uhuh: :uhuh: :uhuh:

Nancy....where are you? I need some serious help :shock:

Gotta GO.................

Lois
Lois

Postby VK » November 17th, 2003, 5:37 am

I'm having a similar problem. I'm not sure if I can stay on this plan if this side effect doesn't get in check. I mean I DO have to work and I can't work from the potty! Both times I've had a modified meal (salad and lean meat) it has gotten better, but YIKES the rest of the time!
VK

So...the Appetite Suppression Shakes are disasterous, eh?

Postby Nancy » November 17th, 2003, 10:34 pm

Yikes! It does sound like the Appetite suppression shakes may be the antidote for those who are constipated! I haven’t used the appetite suppression shakes yet. I haven’t needed them so I can not give you a personal experience type answer here.

However, we do have some clients that have the Screamin’ Dirties (diarrhea) the first week or two on the regular shakes until their body gets used to the soy.

I would suggest that you call and talk to the Nurse via our hotline. Her number is 1-877-820-8363 Toll Free 8 AM – 5 PM M-F EST

The appetite suppression does contain Medifiber, an all natural fiber from the pulp of an Asian fruit. Sorry if it is causing you to run down the hall – NOT good when at seminary! Perhaps you could use it when at home over the weekend and see if your body can tolerate it better.
:oops:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Lois » November 18th, 2003, 5:57 am

Hello, everyone.....It's Potty Lady again ;)

Well, I tried another one of the App.Supp. shakes yesterday...warmed up like cocoa...and things were a little bit better :thumbup:

Not PERFECT, but better. I'll spare you the...er...details :oops: ...suffice it to say that about six hours later it was a good thing that I wasn't on a long road trip :drive: ......but it wasn't as...er...severe a reaction as the last few times!

So.....the saga continues! I'm gonna try another one of these shakes later in the week (I'm nothin' if not persistant ;) ) and I'll let you know how it....goes :roll:

Hey....I can't believe we're having a major potty discussion and Mike hasn't shown up to share his wisdom...where are ya, Mike????? :heart:

hugs to all......

Lois
Lois

Regular?

Postby explorthis » November 18th, 2003, 5:34 pm

Ok.. for the first week, I was uh... "running" if you get the drift..

My Mom actually suggested Metamucil. Me? A stool softner? Me? Not Regular? Me? Ah, common, I am a MAN, this does not happen to ME (the MAN)

Well.... I (yes me) bought a little bottle of Metamucil tablets (now on the large bottle) they have become a good friend of mine.

Every morning I take 4 tablets (could not stand the thought of mixing up some orange looking stuff, and what are those floating particles in there anyway?

Since taking these, I have been walking "regularly" to the porcelin pony.
Now, being on day 71, I am not frequenting our white friend as often (other than peeing 15 times a day - yeeesh). I am averaging about once every 3 days, sometimes a little more frequent, but for the most part once every 3 days...

I don't know if our Medifast God's will think this is a good formula (Metimucil), but it worked wonders for me. The only part I miss is that morning reading session. Those sessions made for a good morning paper read... Oh well, guess I have to keep watching the news for awhile...

-Mike
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Lois » November 19th, 2003, 8:28 pm

Hi Mike!

I just knew you'd have something to share ;)

Well, it sounds to me as if you ever run out of Metamucil, you can just sling back one of these Medifast Appetite Suppression shakes and you'll be good to GO......LITERALLY :lol: !!!!!!!!!!!

hugs to all,

Lois
Lois

Metamucil Mania

Postby Nancy » November 19th, 2003, 9:36 pm

Hi, Kids ~

Just thought I'd chime in about the Metamucil Mania. It IS beneficial! We usually suggest that one uses the sugar-free SMOOTH orange stuff that ya mix with water.

Like you, Mike, who wants to mix ANOTHER packet of foreign matter? Not I! :lol:

Tablets are easy to "swaller" and they do the trick. As your body weight reduces, you may be able to get by with fewer tablets. One of the advantages of having a small green salad daily or every few days is that there is southerly action! I also found that having one WASA cracker supplied enough extra fiber that it allowed smoother passage... 8)

Keep on goin'... :D :D
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby Lois » November 24th, 2003, 7:03 pm

UPDATE.....

Well, my body seems to be adjusting to the A.S. formula. I'm not having as severe a reaction as I did....not perfect yet, but better ;)

There's hope!

hugs,

Lois
Lois

Postby Nancy » November 24th, 2003, 7:37 pm

Whew!

So HAPPY :-P to know that things are better in the southerly direction! I was just about to buy stock in the Depends Corp...
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Return to Weight Loss