This is pretty embarassing

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Postby blondeangel7782 » January 8th, 2008, 8:15 am

Slimmin' wrote:Good for you! That is a great way to start the week! I have finally figured out that if I just work on my 2-3 lbs weight loss for this week and do what I need to do the 20-30-40-50 lbs will add up. Everytime I stop and look at the 40 I still have to lose I get overwhelmed.

Yeah I can totally relate I look at my ticker now and think gosh I have 131 to lose will I ever get there... This year is starting out so great for me and I feel soo confident this is it for me I have never ever been so sure and I was daydreaming on the way to work this morning about how good I will look for the summer and the beer I drank last April which I use as my excuse to being thrown off after losing 32lbs isn't worth it. Hubby and I did MAJOR partying this past summer and I haven't really been heavily intoxicated since with the exception of the new years celebration... My mom is trying her hardest to get me to join the gym on the way home from work *we work for the same company* and we also get a disounted rate so it's like I want to but I'm just not sure it will help my weight loss I don't want it to slow down... I was thinking of starting exercise at the begining of week 3 with just some light walking on the tread mill... Any thoughts towards this would be most helpful... Thanks for all the encouragement Biki & Slimmin it's a great help and much appreciated
blondeangel7782
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Slimmin' » January 8th, 2008, 8:30 am

I think that you hit on a very important point. Sounds like you have identified a stumbling block for you. It is the same one for me. I LOVE to go to happy hour. It is more about the social time with friends than the martinis. However, it absolutely stands in my way of reaching my goal weight. No two ways about it, non-negotiable! I have had to decide which one I want more...martini or 175 lbs. It is that cut and dried for me. I realize I could go hang out with my friends for an hour or so and drink water but, for now, I have chosen to steer clear of the whole situation. But I had to get that decision point.
Slimmin'
Trusted Member - #40 Club

Postby blondeangel7782 » January 8th, 2008, 8:36 am

Slimmin' wrote:I think that you hit on a very important point. Sounds like you have identified a stumbling block for you. It is the same one for me. I LOVE to go to happy hour. It is more about the social time with friends than the martinis. However, it absolutely stands in my way of reaching my goal weight. No two ways about it, non-negotiable! I have had to decide which one I want more...martini or 175 lbs. It is that cut and dried for me. I realize I could go hang out with my friends for an hour or so and drink water but, for now, I have chosen to steer clear of the whole situation. But I had to get that decision point.

Trust me I know exactly where you are coming from 100% but if we want to be alive to go do these things later we need to get healthier then all things will come in moderation... It's just hard now because the weight didn't come on over night it's sure not going to leave overnight but it's like SHUCKEY DARN!
blondeangel7782

Postby dbedrosi » January 9th, 2008, 4:43 pm

Hi Everyone,
Not sure if you remember me but last month I posted a question on whether anyone had cheated/gone off medfast for a special event/party/or for the holidays because I just didn't think I could stick to the program 100% due to all the xmas family events scheduled. I got some really good replies from you and a warning that it is difficult once you go off the program to re-start again. Well I thought to myself, "I'm strong and determined to lose this weight, so I'll enjoy the holiday wine/deserts, etc and jump right back on." Well 2 weeks later, several unsucessful tries to get back on medfiast and 9 pounds up - I'm right back on medifast. However, I'm trying to adjust (headaches, hunger and what not) but I'm once again committed. I was doing well and enjoying the programs and had not realized JUST HOW dificult jumping back on would be.
Ugh! this was hard to post. I was too, embarrassed, but feel better that I've opend up to the forum:). Denise
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wzVdiiK/]
[/url]
dbedrosi
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby lifelovinaries » January 9th, 2008, 5:46 pm

dbedrosi wrote:Hi Everyone,
Not sure if you remember me but last month I posted a question on whether anyone had cheated/gone off medfast for a special event/party/or for the holidays because I just didn't think I could stick to the program 100% due to all the xmas family events scheduled. I got some really good replies from you and a warning that it is difficult once you go off the program to re-start again. Well I thought to myself, "I'm strong and determined to lose this weight, so I'll enjoy the holiday wine/deserts, etc and jump right back on." Well 2 weeks later, several unsucessful tries to get back on medfiast and 9 pounds up - I'm right back on medifast. However, I'm trying to adjust (headaches, hunger and what not) but I'm once again committed. I was doing well and enjoying the programs and had not realized JUST HOW dificult jumping back on would be.
Ugh! this was hard to post. I was too, embarrassed, but feel better that I've opend up to the forum:). Denise

not gonna say TOLD YA SO... ;) :) We all think that we have the control to jump right back on. We also see that it is easier said than done. Sometimes we have to go thru the experience to see what others mean, i know, i've been there. I'm glad that you posted, held yourself accountable (primarily to yourself, you owe us nothing!) and happy that you have recommitted now. Good luck, you CAN do this! There are a lot of restarters here for the new year. We are all in this together!

restart: 01/04/10
lifelovinaries
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby llrickman » January 9th, 2008, 7:10 pm

Well i had my holiday fun too and now im kicking myself when i think of where i could be rather than where im at i havent been around much lately but will make it a point to be. It seems easier when i come in and read , get recipes etc..

I have been off and on mainly off since before thanksgiving but am back on now

Heres to restarting :buddies: :goodluck:
Started Medifast June 11,2007

Thank goodness for Bullion
llrickman
Regular Member - #100 Club
Regular Member - #100 Club

Postby blondeangel7782 » January 10th, 2008, 6:45 am

Count the past as a lesson learned and take what you learned and put it to good use :-) I had an eye opening event I watched the biggest loser and the facts they revealed about junk and fast food really made me decide there is no other option! YOU CAN DO IT ! JUST PUT YOUR MIND TO IT :mrgreen:
blondeangel7782

Postby Tawanda » January 10th, 2008, 7:29 am

Well, personally, I'm excited to see so many people, that use to post, returning. It is exciting that you've renewed your decision to lose the weight and that goes a long way towards getting to goal.

Welcome back! I hope we see more and more 'missing' members pop back in and begin posting. :D
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby KellyC » January 10th, 2008, 7:57 am

I was embarassed as well when I fell off program, it was a message from Mike saying not to stay away out of embarassment that really opened my eyes and got me back here on a regular basis. And coming back here on a regular basis was what got me back on program and doing better than I ever have in the past.

If it wasn't for great HA's and the wonderful people on this forum, I know for a fact I couldn't do this.
KellyC
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby blondeangel7782 » January 10th, 2008, 9:02 am

KellyC wrote:I was embarassed as well when I fell off program, it was a message from Mike saying not to stay away out of embarassment that really opened my eyes and got me back here on a regular basis. And coming back here on a regular basis was what got me back on program and doing better than I ever have in the past.

If it wasn't for great HA's and the wonderful people on this forum, I know for a fact I couldn't do this.

Amen we have to face all our obstacles so they will become a thing of the past... Keep on moving! Look at Biki she had so much going on but managed to kick it and keep moving and even on a trip to HONG KONG what a beautiful inspiration!
blondeangel7782

Postby lifelovinaries » January 10th, 2008, 2:22 pm

Its so easy to say "dont be embarassed about returning" but human emotions seem to allow that feeling of embarassment to take over. I have been embarassed myself, that's why i tried so many restarts without returning to the forum. This time i decided to just suck it up and come on back (even tho i tried that before too). In short, i wanna say that no matter what it has been a good feeling to know that you are always welcome with open arms. We are all here for the same purpose, better health. There is nothing embarassing about that!

restart: 01/04/10
lifelovinaries
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby dbedrosi » January 14th, 2008, 5:21 pm

Thanks to EVERYONE for their warm words of encouragement. When I orginally posted my returing comments, I could'nt find where my post was placed to see who replied. I'd fogotten about it and then, just now, I was having one of those moments where I needed to read some Forum comments for encouragement and accidently stumbled upon my post and all your WONDERFUL comments. Thank you. THANK YOU!!
As I read them, I enjoyed a medifast hot choco and feel much better:).
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wzVdiiK/]
[/url]
dbedrosi
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby blondeangel7782 » January 15th, 2008, 8:28 am

You can do it believe that I'm proud I actually conquered the buffet this weekend and did WONDERFUL I'm happy to report I was impressed the buffet actually had healthy heart signs above all the healthy choices and it contained the nutrition information and it was soooo helpful I think I had more veggies than allowed but I fugured that was better than a hefty size roll already buttered with extra honey butter :-) I feel great and I'm happy to report a 8.5lb loss total... I f I can do it you can do it
blondeangel7782

Previous

Return to Come on in.