Embarassing, but will ask

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Embarassing, but will ask

Postby tikigrl » June 17th, 2005, 7:07 pm

I'm on day 5 - shakes only. I've noticed I hardly "go" at all now (BM).

I don't feel bloated or backed up, is this normal?

:oops:
tikigrl

Postby victoria7 » June 17th, 2005, 10:14 pm

I'm not on the full program, so I don't know... But I would think that it's normal if you're not eating any solid food.

Congratulations on starting your journey!!!
05/31/2005
235/219.2/160
victoria7
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby DogMa » June 18th, 2005, 12:42 am

You DO still go ... errrrr ... No. 1, right? If not, I think I'd be concerned.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby doglover » June 18th, 2005, 7:15 am

If you have trouble, put some fiber poweder in the shakes and you will go. The books say you will become less frequent due to lesser calories and solids, but you still should go sometime!

Don't be embarrassed! We all have funky things!
Donna
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

No BM

Postby shirgall » June 20th, 2005, 7:57 am

There's less material in the system, but it does build up. My wife and I recommend stool softener or it's gonna be unpleasant when it finally happens.

--jrp
shirgall
Newbie - #10 Club

Postby Ron » June 20th, 2005, 8:10 am

I use a fiber supplement in my shakes. Works for me.
I am sick and tired of being sick and tired!
Ron
Regular Member - #40 Club

Postby Diet Diva » June 20th, 2005, 12:13 pm

Dear Tikigrl,

Good afternoon, and don't worry about the embarrassment factor. Remember we're all in this together, the same mfast boat! I too have expereinced significanty less 'elimination' on the digestive front, particularly when I do the full fast. I typically full fast with an occassional lean and green. Although I thought I was prepared for this medifast fact of life, it was still a bit of a surprise to realize how little action was going on with my BM's. I started to joke that I've had pet guinea pigs that eliminated more than I do on a full fast! Ha. Unlike many other mfasters, I have not used any fiber or laxative type product while I've been on Mfast. I've been on Mfast for almost 6 months and I feel fabulous..... I've not felt this great since my days as a marathon runner! (Yes, another lifetime ago...) I do drink plenty of water and I exercise (walk) about 2 to 3 times a week, for about 20 to 35 minutes at a time. Movement really helps keep my system 'moving' if you know what I mean!

The whole process has helped me realize how medifast is truly pure fuel for our systems, sort of like high octane for our bodies with very little "junk" to eliminate.
Hang in there. Keep drinking plenty of water and reading the boards. You will definitely find more info than you'll know what to do with.
Have a great day and keep shakin!

Diet Diva :D :D :D
Diet Diva
Trusted Member - #90 Club

Postby itsgonnaworkthistime » June 20th, 2005, 2:19 pm

Hi Tiki,

I have had the same issues that you are experiencing. I have tried many things, and I think it is just the way my system is. I had my gall bladder out about 7 years ago and after that I was either constipated or runnin fast! There was no happy medium....Now, with medifast I have the constipation issue quite frequently. I have tried the chewable fiber tablets, and also metamucil added to my shakes, but the thing that works the best for me is Dulcolax. It gets things moving along, but it is just a temporary fix for me.

What I find that seems to help is taking Flax seed oil capsules. I take 2 twice a day. Its a natural product and comes in capsule or liquid form. It does however have carbs (just like the fiber supplements do), but I don't see it affecting my weight loss too much. Even using the flax seed, I need to throw in a dulcolax every so often...

I know Nancy also suggested that raw brocolli seems to help keep her regular. And I know alot of people use the fiber powder regularly and have no issues. I just seem to be more extreme than others, and I am on the 5/1 so you would think things would move better for me. Hopefully you aren't to the extreme that I am, and one of the suggestions you get will help you along.

Hope things go better for you.

Maura
Start Date: 1/2/2007
itsgonnaworkthistime
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Dean0408 » June 20th, 2005, 3:16 pm

The best way to get rid of the problem is to go for long walks............it never fails...............when you are the furthest away from your house on the walk...........the urge hits!! :x

Dean
Dean0408
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby DogMa » June 21st, 2005, 6:20 pm

I try to have more fibrous veggies, plus I take fish oil (omega 3's, just like the flax oil mentioned above) and usually some extra vitamin C. Keeps things moving pretty regularly. You might also try spinach or magnesium.

All jokes aside, exercise really DOES help, too, once you've been on the program long enough and have been OK'd for it.

All this was a VERY common subject in the low-carb forum I used to belong to.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Return to The Weight Room