sidrah

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby sidrah » June 6th, 2009, 3:41 am

I know I cannot link here, but I have to tell everyone about this:

go to youtube and put in marynd1216

It puts things in perspective. Especially, the one about plateaus and lost motivation

It's worth the read/listen

Have a great Saturday
Don't really care as long as everything's better than yesterday was...

@}---- @}---- @}---- @}----
sidrah
Preferred member

Postby Karli » June 6th, 2009, 7:07 am

Hey Teresa, I may check that out a little later, but for now, I just hope that yesterday went the true blue path ... it sounds like it was on a good road ! And, that today is your day #2, which you will rock the socks off of !

Cheers for the day :) !!
Karli
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby sidrah » June 6th, 2009, 3:17 pm

Yes,, yesterday was all good and done. I ende dup at a gallon of water, but I also wasn't out in the sun, so usually I would have more. Read about senna tea and was advised to drink it only if I had time to spend "reading in my private library". Apparently one cup takes 2 days or so to flush thorugh, but you feel awesome after. Stock up on the TP, I suppose.

Already had oatmeal this AM and my apple cider vinegar drink. Have to run to IKEA and scope out some stuff.

By the way, tried ot make the pudding ice cream and I cannot get it to blend due to ice, powder, and only a half cup of water---lack of water is making it tough to blend. I am sticking with pudding plain and simple.

Fri- Had the crab soup finally but it was the crackers I made it into, so I am going to have it as a soup today and also have some of the beef stew. I really like that one.

I think for dinner I am going to do spinach, cheese, MSF crumbles omelette with beans on the side....mmmmmm

sidrah
Preferred member

Postby DogMa » June 7th, 2009, 5:08 am

All those things came out after I was done with the program. Are they good (the crab soup and beef stew)? Not that I'm ordering, but I'm curious.

And beans, too? Even the L&G rules have changed. I don't even know the program anymore (which is why I don't answer program questions).

Sounds like you're on track, though. Good for you!!
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby oksoonergirl26 » June 7th, 2009, 11:27 am

I do not care for the crab soup or beef stew-too many things floating around for my taste. I prefer the creamy soups.
3/18/09
228/175/125
oksoonergirl26

Postby sidrah » June 7th, 2009, 5:33 pm

So Saturday I spent at IKEA w/ my brother looking for a bed for an almost 2 year old. Lots of stuff. He is buying so I was just popping in with thoughts.

We ended up eating there and I realized they had baked chicken after I ordered. I ended up eating 2 of those little Swedish meatballs - no gravy-and gave the rest to him. I had the salad and cooked vegetables. When I got home I had beef stew. I really like that one. When it is cooked correctly, it tastes good. It's not one of those pour in hot water and stir kind of things. I am going to order more of those when my supply runs low. I think that is one of my favorite meals. Love the oatmeal, too, but I love this, so tie for first place.

I ended up having turkey and cheese later on to make up the lean part.

Also had vanilla pudding and what I thought was hot chocolate.

I put the packet in, added some caramel and chocolate, mixed it up to declump the powder....only way to not get floaters and clumps is to add a little cold water and make a paste then add hot and stir. Anyway, I had been reading this recipe about making chocolate kisses with hot chocolate and flavoring and dropping "kisses" so they can freeze.

So, people are saying it is so good they eat it that way before even freezing it. So, I tasted it and realized it was chai that I opened, not hot chocolate. I would not rec. adding caramel and chocolate to it. It was not horrible, but I didn't want to dump it out. Actually, it didn't taste too bad. I just had my mind set for hot chocolate so it was weird to put that taste in.

I was starving last night, but I don't know why. I ended up just having the hot chocolate/chai. I really was going to just grab the bread and make a turkey sandwich but I started calculating bread plus mayo plus cheese and realized that it was not worth it. I made the chai instead. I am going to make some more of the beef stew today and I do want to start having more shakes. I like them, but I like that the soy is good for your heart, so I am going to try and go back to 2 or 3 a day.

I was watching that clip on youtube that I referenced above and that lady lost 230 pounds in 2 years. Granted, she started at 604 and a tight size 6x, but still. I keep thinking about when I go away and if I should cheat a little and do 4 and 2 and then I can just do oatmeal in AM, pudding or bars at night and bars during the day. Have to think about it. Maybe just have the one meal a day wherever we end up. I like salad anyway, so we'll see.

I always hate that the summer goes so fast. Then, on the other hand, it seems like when you are trying to lose weight, time goes so slowly, So, my messed up mind says, Lose weight in the summer time and summer break will feel like it will last forever. I have to go back with kids Aug 3, so
I am really hoping that not only can someone recognize a change, but there will be some nicer clothing options I can choose from. I can wear jeans everyday if I want to, but maybe get some new shirts and I have no shoes anyway, so I have to definitely do that before I go back.

Plan for today is make a batch of regular brownies to bring into school tmrw. (I am doing summer paperwork in spec. ed. office) and while the oven is on, I am going to make a cupcake tray of MF brownies. It makes 8 and I just freeze them...good for bringing in to school. I just didn't want to turn the oven on just to make those. Might as well throw them in since the oven will be on anyway.

Well, I am eating a strawberry crunch bar, now. I kind of forgot to eat within an hour of getting up. I ended up making some phone calls and typing and just remembered, so I grabbed a bar and am eating it with some agua now. I think tonight I will do the omelette I never had yesterday.

sidrah
Preferred member

Postby sidrah » June 7th, 2009, 5:43 pm

I was reading that MF is coming out with new snacks---pretzels and cheese puffs.

Has anyone tried a sample, yet?

sidrah
Preferred member

Postby sidrah » June 7th, 2009, 10:11 pm

Today, I had a strawberry crunch bar when I got up. Later on, I made a scramble of egg beaters, MSF chopped up mushrrom burger, spinach, an tomato. I didn't have to use PAM b/c the juice coming out of the patty let me cook up the canned spinach . Then, I added in chopped up tomatoes, so the juice of the tomatoes steamed it all together. Just a little garlic powder and hot sauce when I plated it and it tasted pretty darn good. It made A LOT!!

While that was cooking, I made a chocolate pudding and froze it. I just had that now, a few hours later. While I was eating it, I decided it was so good, I made 2 more to freeze.

I still have to have one more thing today after the puddings. I think so that I can get to bed at a reasonable time, I will double up on the pudding and then an hour or two later make something else. Maybe tea or hot choc. We shall see.

I am finding that I am not really hungry. I am drinking tons of water. I am glad I am doing this now so full force because I am home for the summer from school and I have the time to collect recipes, try them out, see what works and really think things out.

I am wondering, though, as I read everything and see all the alternate ways to "get the MF meals down" (not my words b/c I like the food) are we really doing the plan as intended. I men, yes, eating 900 calories a day versus 5000 is always going to be better, but I wonder if very strict adherance to the supplements with water and not tons of extra tweaking really makes a big difference.

I suppose I can try it out and see. I have been pretty good about only adding some seasonings and on occassion, FF cream cheese to the pudding.

sidrah
Preferred member

Postby nickieluv » June 7th, 2009, 10:21 pm

I think it's all pretty individual. I'm not a cook, so I love that you can keep MF really simple - broccoli and meat is my usual L&G (when I'm having them) and I don't think I've ever added a darn thing to a supplement, except pepper to the beef stew. But then again, the MF gurus do post serving sizes and limits to condiments and certain spices and things - so who knows? I think that, in the end, if 'doctoring' helps you stick to program then it's not a bad thing. If you try the experiment, though, I'm sure it would be interesting to many people to hear your results.
nickieluv
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby oksoonergirl26 » June 8th, 2009, 9:06 am

I'll ask the center about the new snacks and if they have them I will be the guinea pig for everyone!
3/18/09
228/175/125
oksoonergirl26

Postby sidrah » June 9th, 2009, 1:45 am

Day went mostly well. Had something that disagreed with me. Not finishing the remaining meals; I'm too busy running in the bathroom to do so. Today is my birthday, so I am using it to gauge where I am June 9, 2010. We'll see. I think I am going to do fine. I have a plan this time.

I will be living alone, so I have no one to touch my stuff or to hide anything from.

I have all these exercise DVDs and there is a park behind the apt. with a path that I can use.

I can only buy what I need, not what everyone else wants.

I will be saving lots of money that I plan to put into my LA move.

I WILL finish my dissertation and get that stupid degree over and done with.

I am planning to get Nationally Board Certified in Spec. Ed. by Christmas.

All in all I think next year will be better. I hope to be one of those people who I read about that say, "In 11 mos., I lost 134 lbs." I sometimes wonder if they are real. Heck, I just want to have a difference by the time school starts so I can get a good ID card this year.

I sometimes get upset when I see people's "before" picture when they say they feel so horrible and gross and realize I would kill to be that weight. Selfish, I know...everyone is doing his or her own thing. But, I wish it was me that was done already.

sidrah
Preferred member

Postby nickieluv » June 9th, 2009, 6:57 am

sidrah wrote:I hope to be one of those people who I read about that say, "In 11 mos., I lost 134 lbs." I sometimes wonder if they are real. Heck, I just want to have a difference by the time school starts so I can get a good ID card this year.

I sometimes get upset when I see people's "before" picture when they say they feel so horrible and gross and realize I would kill to be that weight. Selfish, I know...everyone is doing his or her own thing. But, I wish it was me that was done already.

I am with you on all of these things - I believe the people who lose weight that quickly are real - they are just not me. Sadly. And I won't get a new photo for my ID card unless I ask for one, and why would I do that, but the one I have was taken at about 190 so there you go. And the starting weights under 200, with only 50 pounds to lose? Yeah, I wish I was there, too. But mostly I hate that those people were smart enough to catch it early and get the weight loss over with.

Sorry you had a potty issue - I hope today goes better!
nickieluv

Postby Karli » June 9th, 2009, 8:03 am

Hey Teresa ! Happy Birthday !!! :) :cleader: :birthday: :beerbeer: :yourock: :partytime: :bravo: :whoohoo: :bouncieball:
Karli
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby DogMa » June 9th, 2009, 8:49 am

Birthday?? Happy Birthday!!!!

And I've always hated those people, too, who complain about how hard it is to lose weight - and they have 15 pounds to lose. Please. (I don't count myself in there, even though I struggle with 10 pounds - but that's AFTER the weight I already lost.) I had a friend once who saw an old picture of her mom, with a note saying how excited she was to finally be a size 12. And my friend said, "I'd kill myself if I were that big." Apparently completely oblivious to my at-the-time size 18 self. :x

Of course, she's practically green with envy every time she sees me now. :lol:
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa

Postby nickieluv » June 9th, 2009, 7:47 pm

Man, I'm such a jerk - I completely didn't wish you a happy birthday!! I must have been reading too fast or something. Happy birthday!!
nickieluv

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal