sidrah

1 Thread per registered User.

Re: sidrah

Postby Tawanda » October 10th, 2009, 7:51 am

Teresa, my only suggestion would be to write down everything you want & need to accomplish, the date it needs to be done and then break it down into small chores. If you have 14 IEPs to do by a certain date, then break it down so you only have to do 2 then do something you enjoy, make a specific time to do the next 2 (or 3--whatever you choose) then something enjoyable for a like amount of time. If I have a lot pressing on my time, I like knowing I can give myself a break between chores.

I hope this is doable and will work to help you get through this stressful time.
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Joy » October 11th, 2009, 10:26 pm

Hello Sidrah,

I just wanted to introduce myself and wish you a good week. I am a returning MF'er and should get my product soon. Best luck for a great week!

regards,
joy
Joy
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby sidrah » October 20th, 2009, 1:32 pm

Well, if nothing else, today is going good, so far. Got the gallons of water in the car. Good sale price...not as cheap as turning on the faucet, but man, water here is horrible. Had oatmeal for breakfast. Seems like all if a sudden, something clicked. So, we shall see. I have family coming in for Christmas. Doing the countdown till the planes land and then we'll see if there's anything noticeable at that point. Can't be any worse, right. Good for me I like water. I haven't had anything else to drink for a long time. Sometimes, Crystal lIght, but 95% of the time water. I gave up soda for Lent last year and I really only had a few cans a week, so it wasn't that bad, but I haven't had any since March or April, so I don't miss it. Maybe I can use that logic with everything else.

My problem is I feel like I am smart, but when it comes to this, not so much. I'm sitting here doing school reports, typing a dissertation, and consulting with other teachers on how to fix their rooms and paperwork to make it compliant and for some reason when it ocmes to this, I see it on paper, but haven't been able to fully do it.

Ever feel like you are a great cheerleader and have all the answers.........for everyone else..... but, then you yourself cannot follow it? It's like when someone writes a great plan and it is all researched and followed and makes perfect logical sense, so why not follow it? Who knows? I feel like such a liar when people ask about cerative meals or ways to make new shakes and I have to think if I just followed what I said, I could get there, too. :?
Don't really care as long as everything's better than yesterday was...

@}---- @}---- @}---- @}----
sidrah
Preferred member

Postby Tawanda » October 20th, 2009, 3:04 pm

I feel for you! It sounds so easy "just do it" but it is not that easy.... Don't give up, you will get there, you can do this!
Tawanda

Postby sidrah » October 20th, 2009, 4:35 pm

How would I attach a picture on here?? I used to have no problem. Now I can't seem to. Mind you, it is nothing major, just a picture of my little mini-loaf.

I found some french vanilla berry oatmeal....yeah, it was an OLDDDD pack and not as good as it might sound- probably why it was discontinued. The fact that half of you have never heard of it attests to that. Anyway, I have mini muffin tins I used rather than the large muffin trays. I did 4 mini muffin trays...about the size of a cell phone laying flat. So, 2 oatmeals and 2 puddings. Came out great and I took a picture, but have to figure out how to add it in. I used to make these all the time; glad someone referred to it to make me think of it again.

For the pudding, I did just as suggested. Took a little less than 4 oz. of water/syrup combo and shook it up with the pudding. Fridge while the crust bakes. I mixed banana pudding with caramel SF syrup for one and for the other. WF strawberry pancake syrup and banana pudding.

Crust was easy and i did keep it in there for the 10 minutes, but then shut the oven off and let them sit in there for another 10 mnutes or so. That made it crusty instead of soggy. The puddding is thick and doesn't run when you cut into it. Tastes good! 1 loaf= 1 meal.

sidrah
Preferred member

Postby Tawanda » October 21st, 2009, 9:07 am

Hi, sounds good, eager to see a picture. PM Unca Tim and see if he is the only one that can add photos?
Tawanda

Postby Unca_Tim » October 21st, 2009, 10:12 am

sidrah wrote:How would I attach a picture on here??

If you have your image stored on a host site, you can use the code below.
If not, email me the pic and I'll insert it for you.

We had to stop letting members upload their own pics to the MMT server. We were getting
too many spam pics posted.

Code: Select all
[img]www.example.com/yourpic.jpg[/img]
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby sidrah » October 21st, 2009, 12:45 pm

Got it. I'll try that. Thanks.

sidrah
Preferred member

Postby sidrah » October 21st, 2009, 12:51 pm

Man, I was doing it right yesterday and never posted!! OK, well this is it. Seems like it was forever ago that I even made these, but here you go.

One is banana caramel pudding and the darker one is banana strawberry pudding, not chocolate. Reminder to me- Re-order chocolate!
Having one for breakfast right now. Just as good the next day. Have a good day, everyone.

sidrah
Preferred member

Postby Joy » October 21st, 2009, 2:01 pm

:wave:

friendly reminder to order chocolate pudding!

cheers,
joy :lol:
Joy
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Karli » October 22nd, 2009, 6:37 am

I have to admit, those muffin loafs look amazing and I would love to try it, but I think I have missed your actual recipe. I read 2 oatmeals and 2 puddings ... but is the pudding only for the top and how do you actually make them ? I apologize if I simply missed the post, but anyway, thanks for the photo !

Hope you have a great day and that you are successful at continuing to get everything you need to get done, done !
Karli
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Tawanda » October 22nd, 2009, 8:05 am

I'm with Karli, it looks wonderful, but I missed something....maybe I read too fast?
Tawanda

Postby sidrah » October 22nd, 2009, 12:19 pm

Ha. I forget people can't reach across the screen and follow my brain waves. It's the old recipe for it, but I'll just tell you what I did.

Crust- 350 for 10 min.

One pack of any oatmeal
1/2 t. baking powder
packet of splenda
just enough water to make it pasty
You can add spices, but I didn't bother this time

Muffin tin/loaf pan- PAM, then split oatmeal mix into 2 halves. You push the crust up the sides first then whatever is left to the bottom. 10 minutes, then check on it to make sure the crust easily lifts from the sides, if not stick a knife in and loosen. It should life just fine. Then, just to brown it up a little bit and dry it out some, I shut the oven off and leave it in there a while, 10 minutes or so. If you want to make multiple packs of oatmeal it is easiest to mix and spread seprately.

While that is cooking, all I did was take a little less than the 4 oz line of liquid (water plus whatever syrup combo) a pack of pudding and mix and shook it up right in the shaker. It is thick enough and sits in the fridge so that when the crusts are out and cooled you can fill them without the pudding dripping. One pack of pudding splits into 2 shells. One pack of oatmeal splits into 2. So, it makes 2 meals.

So, in total, (oatmeal plus a pudding)/2= 1 good meal!

It really is good and takes about 3 minutes to make. I make 4 at a time and just leave them in the fridge. I didn't add cool whip, but didn't think they needed them. My only problem is that I really like the oatmeal so I don't want ot use them all up on crusts.

sidrah
Preferred member

Postby sidrah » October 22nd, 2009, 12:37 pm

Just had the dark chocolate anti-oxidant shake. Pretty good.

Had a bad cough medicine-y taste experience with the cherry pomegranate and gave up on shakes for a little bit. Been waiting to try the dark chocolate and it is pretty good.

Bought a tai-chi DVD. Man, I cannot even follow this chick. It's all voice-overed not live speaking during the movements. I think she is confusing her left and right, so when she (in VO) says turn left foot out and I see her moving her right, half my brain is trying to follow the voice and the other half is trying to turn and follow movements- not the mirror image. So, then, I'm not facing the TV and I'm looking over my shoulder. Yeah, I tried. Gonna chalk that up to not a starter DVD. I really like Pilates for Dummies, but I can't find it since I moved. I had so many good ones on VHS that I have to find on DVD, too. Gonna look again in Target for something new this week.

I think soups today. I have tons of them from my soup break months.
They taste much better now than they did a month or so ago. Glad I took a break cause I really do like the taste.

If I can work out doctoring the chilli, I will be set. That will make everything that I can eat with the exception of anything coffee flavored, which I don't order anyway. The ones I got in the mixed sets that had them soon found a new home via donations and trades. Maybe I am weird, but I am the only person I know who has never had coffee before. I even hate the smell. I avoid that aisle when I go shopping unless absolutely necessary. I guess that's a good thing. One less thing to have to give up.

OK. Back to work.

sidrah
Preferred member

Postby Karli » October 22nd, 2009, 2:19 pm

Thanks for reposting this recipe, Teresa. I do see now that it's something I read about before, just the other day (for the second time), in fact. I thought your photo was of something like little muffin loafs, but I see now how they resemble the photo in the other thread. Anyway, I madly dug through a container of a bunch of random, loose, old packets to see if I could *possibly* find any more oatmeal ... there must be about 45 packets of different things in that container, and low and behold, just as I was almost losing hope, I found not one but 5, I repeat 5 packets of apple cinnamon oatmeal !! :cleader: So, especially since it was getting time to have another supplement anyway, I let the baking excursion commence (I have TONS of pudding still, so no worries there :-P ). I made a whole tray of 6 and have already eaten my first one with choco pudding in it. I made the pudding super thick and it was sort of like a mouse ... it was pretty good, though I would love to get the crust more crispy and maybe add a little more cinnamon. I also thought about squirting it with "I can't believe ..." to give it a hint of a buttery taste. Anyway, I just made the very basic recipe, as posted above, no additions to anything except for the baking powder and splenda and they are pretty good !

haha ... your tai-chi DVD experience sounds funny from the reader's point of view, but perhaps a bit perplexing from your point of view :-P . Cheers !
Karli
Preferred Member - #50 Club

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal