sidrah

1 Thread per registered User.

Re: sidrah

Postby sidrah » December 27th, 2009, 9:00 pm

Hmmmm. Christmas kind of not as planned. Lots of relatives with "issues" but those of us who hung out at the house had a good time. I think I am set on moving to SD next school year.....Just gotta get on plan with it so I look not horrible when I get there. ANything is better than what there is now, right?
Don't really care as long as everything's better than yesterday was...

@}---- @}---- @}---- @}----
sidrah
Preferred member

Postby oksoonergirl26 » December 28th, 2009, 3:56 pm

What is an SD school?
3/18/09
228/175/125
oksoonergirl26
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby sidrah » December 28th, 2009, 4:15 pm

Sorry--San DIego

sidrah
Preferred member

Postby sidrah » January 1st, 2010, 8:51 pm

WOw. I expected to see more posts with Jan 1 on them. I finished cleaning up. Nothing like cleaning up to start over. Man, I have so many goals to accomplish, not at all really having to do with New Year's just me getting my act together. Coincidence--For me, at least, second semester starting.
I have work to get done, a dissertation to finish writing, a resume to update, new Biggest Loser workout DVDs to "watch", money to save up, a second part-time job to seek out. I am trying to look into teaching part-time on-line at a university. Nothing like padding the bank account when I can. If only I can catch up with what I have now then all that can fall into place. Hopefully, I will be so busy that all I will have time to do is worry about food every 3 or 4 hours. In the hopes of saving money, I am just doing 6 or 7 supplements or 6 and adding in vegetables. I would eat all cucumbers all day if I could. Maybe cottage cheese. Trying to not do dairy. I think it makes me sick, so looking for an alternate. Maybe go back to tuna tuna tuna. Tuna and cucumbers are what did wonders for me on Atkins. To be honest, that was the only thing that seemed to work for me, at least worked wity noticeable differences that people commented.

I haev been htinking about it and I think Atkins is the only thing I have truly followed and stuck with. I know exactly when things went south, too!! It was the weekend before school re-started and I was going to eat whatever for that weekend alone...ha. We all know how taht went. My problem with Atkins is not any moral objection, just that it is expensive. But, honestly, I could eat tuna salad and mayo (bad, I know) and cucumbers with blue cheese every meal of every day. Cheese might haev been killing my stomach and bank account, though. I guess I felt like I was eating and never hungry cause I could always grab an egg or cheese or turkey rolls. If I could make something take the place of mayo and make it all work out like that was, I would then eat the tuna combo every day. I have tried WF dressings, but I like them for dressing not mayo in the place of salad. I just think it is such a waste of money that I have put into supplements that I already have.

I have to put forth an honest effort. I see it working for other people, get a little upset I am not seeing results. Then, again, I just think that I am not really giving it a good try and I have to do that before I can make comparisons. I think I will use up the stuff I have, which is at least 150 or so packets and then see how it is. I feel like if I do it right I can get better results and then have some chance for making other goals work out. .......Wow, rough life, huh!! I should be happy instead of worrying. But, I just feel like with this not being taken care of nothing else can happen.

Please disregard any typos or misuse/lack of commas. Not in the mood to go proofread. It's still my vacation until Monday and I am trying to hold onto that as long as possible. Happy New Year :cheers:

sidrah
Preferred member

Postby oksoonergirl26 » January 1st, 2010, 9:50 pm

Have you tried just cutting down the amount of mayo? Are you a true mayo person or do you like Miracle Whip? I prefer Miracle Whip on my sandwhiches, tuna and chicken salad. I like mayo on my eggs and my burger patties. I am weird. I too could eat cucumbers all day long. There is plan on Medifast called Daily Nutrition that allows you 2 small lean and greens with a serving of dairy a day. I think it ended up being a cup and a half of cottage cheese (fat-free of course), a cup of skim milk, or a cup of fat-free yogurt (up to 120 calories). If I can find the booklet I will post the actual guidelines. My problem with that was finding the time to fix 2 lean and greens and consume 6 servings of veggies a day. The protein wasn't a problem but the veggies were. So, in an effort to try to follow the plan I just had my dairy and the regular 5 and 1 program. I discovered I could have 2 containers of Fiber One yogurt and still be under the calorie and serving limit.
3/18/09
228/175/125
oksoonergirl26

Postby sidrah » January 2nd, 2010, 12:43 am

That's an idea. I'll look into that. Thanks. I have been trying to haev apple cider vinegar and yogurt every day for benefots of them, so that might be an option.

sidrah
Preferred member

Postby sidrah » January 2nd, 2010, 5:28 pm

OK. BOught the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred.....reading about it now on a different site. Seems like it will be tough but good.

sidrah
Preferred member

Postby oksoonergirl26 » January 2nd, 2010, 7:36 pm

Let me know how it goes, because I want to start using DVDs and Jillian's seem to get the best reviews. Plus if they are anything like the things she makes them do on "The Biggest Loser" it should work. I am still looking for the booklet I got from the center. If I can't find it I will get another one when I go to weigh in.
3/18/09
228/175/125
oksoonergirl26

Postby sidrah » January 3rd, 2010, 6:40 pm

So, in my "research" today I discovered I can't yet find anyone who has taste tested the new brownie MF meals that are coming out. And, also, mymedifast has a new beta-ed meal plan and it allows you to log in how much supply you have in your "cupboard".
Apparently when I was trying to log in my minnestrone soup, I learned there are no longer minnestrone soup sales. Wow, I never knew that until now.

sidrah
Preferred member

Postby oksoonergirl26 » January 4th, 2010, 8:03 pm

What a brownie? Where did you find this information? I haven't been to the center, but I will ask when I go in.
3/18/09
228/175/125
oksoonergirl26

Postby sidrah » January 4th, 2010, 9:52 pm

hi,

Re: Brownies

From MF site---Someone had asked if the brownies due out early 2010 had nuts. This was her reponse

Happy New Year! I'm Laura, one of the Registered Dietitians here at Medifast. The upcoming, yummy brownies do not contain nuts. Great job on your weight loss!! That is amazing!!

Have a great day!
Laura

sidrah
Preferred member

Postby bikipatra » January 4th, 2010, 11:37 pm

Did someone say BROWNIE??? :bib: I don't know if I could be trusted if they are too good....part of the way I put all this weight back on was due to my brownie and blondie consumption. I love them both!
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby katieb920 » January 5th, 2010, 6:10 am

Brownie. OMG i am so excited. Can not wait
Katie
katieb920
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Tawanda » January 5th, 2010, 7:08 am

Another easy to transport and eat supplement. I'm not a huge brownie fan, but I, too, am looking forward to tasting these.

I love that MF is making supplements that we can easily carry with us, and that we can unwrap them, put them in a baggie and not have to share/advertise that we are on a diet program unless we choose to share that information.

As for these foods (bars, brownies, etc) being a trigger for a binge....yeah, I have those thoughts of having more than one of the PB crunch bars (I do love those), but I know that portion control is one of the things I really need to practice and that one of anything is an appropriate serving. Maybe join with me in having those foods and using them as a tool to help change your subconscience thinking from 'yum, I want another or 5 more' to 'yum, this is tasty and I can have another one in 2.5 or 3 hours, if I want to'. Just a thought... :tomato:

:cleader:
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby bikipatra » January 5th, 2010, 12:06 pm

I like the way you think. I can think of them as a convenience item that helps my program. Like today, because I didn't want to carry a shaker jar, I went almost 5 hours without a supplement. I didn't plan it that way but things ran late and I had to go to the pharmacy unexpectedly. If I had purchased bars, I could have eaten while I was waiting at the doctors or waiting at the pharmacy. Once I get a few more weeks under my belt, I will give it a test run.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal