sidrah

1 Thread per registered User.

Re: sidrah

Postby oksoonergirl26 » September 6th, 2009, 10:19 am

The parmesan ones aren't as bad as I initially thought. The chili cheese ones are my favorites though. The cinnamon pretzel sticks are better to me than the other ones. I keep a pack in my car for snack emergencies or when I may have to go longer without eating. They have saved me numerous times!
3/18/09
228/175/125
oksoonergirl26
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby sidrah » September 6th, 2009, 3:56 pm

Well, I just placed the order. Took a few tries because I had to update my address and I kept forgetting the old zipcode.

I got the cinnamon pretzels and the nacho puffs. I also got some of the dark chocolate shakes and 2 other kinds of those crispy bars. I think the more I have to keep at work, the better it will be. I'm keeping the shakes for at home; they taste better with ice and if I add flavoring in, then that's cold, too. I am good with portable stuff at work. I think I am going with the half lean and green with soup or a bar or pretzels or something.

Using Thanksgiving, then Christmas to see how it works out. Noticeable changes, I hope. I really want to move next summer to CA. But, of course, I won't unless I feel like this is successful. Kind of depressing. I also have to finihs this stupid dissertation by May. Don't even care about it anymore, but put too much money into it to not finish it. My mother would be mad if I didn't- ironic since when she died I lost all interest in even finishing it.
Don't really care as long as everything's better than yesterday was...

@}---- @}---- @}---- @}----
sidrah
Preferred member

Postby sidrah » September 20th, 2009, 1:43 pm

Finally tasted the cinn. pretzels and nacho puffs. Puffs taste kind of crouton-like but the nacho taste is there. Cinnamon pretzels are okay..kinda biutery, cinnamon-y tasting. Little dry. Just gotta drink water with them. I agree with someone who said that there ate a lot in each bag. I could easily have that for lunch and not get crap from co-workers about just eating oatmeal or whatever I have that day.

I probably will have the cucumbers, too, for lunch, though. Pretzels and cucumbers sound good actually. Anyone else like/dislike the new stuff. I appreciate the non-super sweet items. And, I also like that they aren't going to melt or get sticky like some of the bars.

sidrah
Preferred member

Postby oksoonergirl26 » September 20th, 2009, 2:29 pm

I know about the melty thing. I love the bars, but if you leave them in the car they become a mess. I have discovered that if take a tsp or so of pb and dip the cinnamon pretzels in it-it is very yummy and satisfying!
3/18/09
228/175/125
oksoonergirl26

Postby sidrah » September 20th, 2009, 4:15 pm

I have to look at the keyboard when I am typing or start editing after!! Holy typos, Batman.

sidrah
Preferred member

Postby oksoonergirl26 » September 21st, 2009, 7:11 pm

It is okay if you make typos! I cringe at the way I sometimes sound on here, my kiddos would rip me to shreds if they knew of my hypocrisy.
3/18/09
228/175/125
oksoonergirl26

Postby Tawanda » September 21st, 2009, 7:52 pm

Hi, I like the new meal supplements, too. The cinnamon pretzels are my least favs and I thought I'd love them the most (I like cinnamon). I love the Parmesan puffs the most. There is quite a bit in each package so I feel like I've 'eaten' when I've finished one of them. :) So glad they now have these for us.
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby sidrah » September 22nd, 2009, 1:15 pm

Yeah. I like them. Much easier, no sticky and unlike cheese doodles, no orange fingers. I made oatmeal this AM. Kinda wanted to just have pretzels since it was so much easier, but I have so many other things that i have to use before I run through the pretzels and puffs supplies. I like oatmeal, so, no problem there. I also started a beef stew for later. Longer it sits, the better it tastes.

I bought salmon on sale that I have to make, so probably that will be tonight's dinner.

I ended up not working today so I could do some stuff and actually get a chance to finish my paperwork. Start it, is probably a better word. So sad that I have to use a sick day to sit home and do work.

sidrah
Preferred member

Postby oksoonergirl26 » September 22nd, 2009, 4:38 pm

Don't feel bad-I usually take off a day each grading period to catch up on my grading-ah the irony! I can't believe you can choke down the oatmeal! I have only tried one package and I don't know if I made it wrong or what, but it was truly vile. I really like real oatmeal so I was sorely disappointed. I have a friend who is starting the program and she ordered the oatmeal, if she doesn't like it I may get hers and try it again. The chili cheese ones do leave a pretty good residue on your fingers, but the parmesean ones don't so much. I need to get back in the habit of having fish 2-3 times a week (usually salmon or tilapia) it is so good for you!
3/18/09
228/175/125
oksoonergirl26

Postby Tawanda » September 23rd, 2009, 9:03 am

The oatmeal takes some getting use to, if my memory is right. I did get so that I liked it, had it every morning and just ordered 4 boxes so I can begin having it again. I hope your day goes well!
Tawanda

Postby sidrah » October 4th, 2009, 9:11 pm

Long day...didn't get enough work done for the week. Too many IEPs to catch up on and too many more this week. I cannot wait another 2 weeks for Fall Break. It should be here now! I am so tired; I can't stay awake to do anything else.

sidrah
Preferred member

Postby Karli » October 6th, 2009, 9:50 am

Hang in there, Teresa !
Karli
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Tawanda » October 6th, 2009, 1:46 pm

Thinking of you!
Tawanda

Postby sidrah » October 6th, 2009, 4:35 pm

Thanks!

I feel like I have so much to do that I just can't get anything done. Knowing there is so much to do is making me depressed that I have things to do and too aggravated to actually do any of those things. Adding another day onto that one big sad circle. BY the end of this week I need to get about 14 IEPs done and lesson plans for the next week. On top of that, I have to write a good proposal so I can actually get a mentor who will work with my topic rather than fight me. Doctorates are overrated. Sooo not worth the amount of money you pay them for the opportunity to add to your workload. I feel like this is non-ending. Ona good note, my grades are all entered, but not my progress reports. If I can jsut get to the weekend then I can use those days to catch up. Ha...I love when people say teachers, especially special ed. teachers, work til 3. I leave at 630 every day and rarely get home before 730 anymore. Then, of ocurse, work at home time, too. Funny. You think jobs are so simple, but the paperwork kills you. "Teaching" is so little about teaching kids anymore. It's almost like if there were no kids in my room I owuld be sad, but I could get os much more work done each day.

Anyway, I have this Pilates and this yoga CD. I was gonna pop them in tomorrow morning. Gotta get up earlier, then, but maybe that will make me tired so I can sleep more than 3 hours a night. I feel like once I get something done, I can get the rest done.

sidrah
Preferred member

Postby Karli » October 10th, 2009, 6:30 am

Hey Teresa ! Wow, that does sound BUSY :shock: :bricks: !! I will admit that I don't envy you at the time, but it will pass, it sounds like ! Keep hangin' in there. I was going to suggest (it's my nature to want to find *something* to suggest that seems like it might *possibly* help when I read about somebody in distress !) that perhaps you make a list of everything you need to do ... but, of course, you have it all in your head at least, and have perhaps even made a list already in hard copy form ! Even if it's 14 of the same type of things, sometimes just writing that down can relieve some stress ... somehow.

Well, here's rootin' for ya' !!
Karli
Preferred Member - #50 Club

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal