sidrah

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby sidrah » June 9th, 2009, 8:25 pm

Thanks for the birthday greetings. Yeah, didn't do much today. Have to still run to airport to pick up sister-in-law and child, who I heard had a bad day with the flying. She said she always hated sitting next to "those people" with loud crying babies and now she is one of those people. Haha. Leaving in about 20 minutes, so we'll see how that turned out for the return flight. Florida to TX not good, we'll see how TX to Phx. went.
She IS 1 year old. It's not like she knows what is going on, so I told her just be patient!

Well, no temptations or anything. I made fish and zucchinni; my dad decided after going back and forth that, yeah, he could come for dinner. By that time, the food was already cooked and there wouldn't have been enough. Which was why I asked him 5 times if he was coming before I put the fish in....So, they had fish, I ended up making garden burgers and broccoli for me. No one bothered with a cake or gifts so no worries there. I wasn't going to have it if someone did bring one, but no one thought to. And, the card my dad got me...pointless. Might as well have not given me anything. I don't expect anything money-wise, but come on, $30. I bring more than that in groceries to his house daily 4 or 5 times a week...with no thanks or reciprocation. One of these days I will stop doing it, I hope.

I decided I am just tuning him out from now on. He met some lady in LA and no one else's opinion seems to matter. SO so so stupid. She is fine, it's just that he thinks she walks on water and we can't figure out why. Plus, now that I know (from being told some stories) how badly he treated my mom, I can't help but to feel bad for her and not care about him a little more each day. I am glad he wishes he had treated her better because now he can feel guilty. Of course, the way he is acting you would never know there's guilt there.

So, a friend of mine that I taught with was on The Biggest Loser and ended up hooking a job with the show's production company afterwards and moved out to LA.---left teaching to be an assisitant to some producer. So, she'll be out there, but pretty much I feel like she has the life I wanted.

I like teaching and have all my degrees in education, except for one, but I still feel like if something different came along, I would definitely leave teaching. My dream job has always been to work in one of those shelters/clinics/day centers for teens and/or HIV/AIDS patients. I have no idea why and I couldn't tell you why that has always been my goal. Think something like that Jennifer Aniston movie where she is a social worker....um.....gay roommate whose a teacher...uh.......I'll think of it. Anyway, that kind of a place, but instead with a more direct focus group. Man, what was that movie???

That and only that reason (that I have an education background) is the reason that I want to go back for another degree in counseling or some field that would make me marketable in that area. An almost doctorate in eduation and not sure I want to stay in teaching. my mother would kill me. She would say that she always told me to a be a lawyer and I wouldn't be in this situation if I had just listened to her.

Ahhh, anyway, I have to run to the airport. Hopefully, there's no traffic and I can make it there in 10 minutes.
Don't really care as long as everything's better than yesterday was...

@}---- @}---- @}---- @}----
sidrah
Preferred member

Postby Karli » June 21st, 2009, 12:59 pm

Teresa, how's life treatin' you ?
Karli
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Re: sidrah

Postby sidrah » July 10th, 2009, 1:31 am

Uhhh, too much confusion, chaos, and annoyance to even bother waking up and mediating family arguments most days, so I can't even begin to explain about worrying about food or shopping. Been back and forth to LA and SD a few times since my dad decided he was going to sell his house and it somehow became my responsibility to get everything done while the brothers complained and the father was on his "vacation" in LA. Unbelievable annoyances this last month. You know when you have days where you just don't want to even get out of bed? I think I have been having that feeling for the past month. My agenda for the rest of the week up to Monday includes not sleeping, cleaning out my dad's garage and all the moving and details that entails, doing some paperwrok for school and then getting ready to head back in and work and start getting schedules and stuff ready for next year. No one at the school has bothered contacting me about anything going on so I have no clue what the new superintend. and/or principal expect.

I am about at my wit's end and have no motivation to do anything. So much for getting that dissertation finished this summer. Please! I didn't even get short reports done. I feel horrible and completely incompetent but still cannot make myself do anything. I am not at all like this. I am the first done and most anal person about grammar and manners and ethics I know and I still cannot make myself get this work done. None of it is hard, just kind of fill in the blank stuff. I can't get comfortable to do it, am getting distracted, and just feel like going back to bed...then again, I am not sleeping well until I am dead tired, so that isn't coming any time soon. I don't know. This is just ridiculous. So much for goals; nothing is started, how can it be finished? I am completely at a loss. All I wanted to do was have a good summer and have a good ID picture for next year. Is that asking for that much? Hmmm, yeah, I think right now it is.
I'll see how things leading to Monday go.

sidrah
Preferred member

Postby Stihl » July 10th, 2009, 5:56 pm

Sorry things have gotten difficult for you. Wishing all the best and all the luck...

Don't let all the bad consume you; it can be super easy to give oneself excuses, but know that in a few months you want an incredibly different feeling. I wish you luck!

Goal 1: 195 by August 24th - CHECK
Goal 2: 157 by November 26th. lose 28.6#/73 days = .392#/day
Stihl
Trusted Member - #100 Club

Postby sidrah » July 26th, 2009, 3:21 pm

School starts again for teachers this Tuesday and for kids, next Monday. Lots of paperwork to do before I go back in Monday to help with new teachers breakfast. On a positive note, I don't have to sit through any new teacher orientation....though, 9 years ago mine was 4 days long and these new teachers only have 1 day orientation. Lots of admin changes over that time.

I really do not want to get back to school, yet, but I suppose it will be helpful to get back on a pattern/schedule. I got some new DVDs..yoga and tai kwon do. I had tapes of them, but I don't know where the VCR is anymore, so I figured it was time to get replacements on DVD. I found the Walk Away the Pounds 5 mile with stretch bands on the clearance rack in Target. I had to run in quick and get a birthday gift, so I had no shopping time, but I am gong back and if it is still there, I might grab it. I already have the 1,2 and 3 DVDs so it might be a waste of money. Gotta weigh the choices befoe I get it. Half hour in the AM and half hour in the PM would be good to do a combo of all. My dad is giving me his indoor bike when he moves, so that can jsut be for whenever.

Has anyone ordered or tried the new pretzels or cheese puff? I heard the honey mustard ones pretzels were good.

sidrah
Preferred member

Postby oksoonergirl26 » July 28th, 2009, 7:18 am

Wow-I don't go back until the 17th of August. I would probably cry if we started this early. I don't want to go back. I am in such a groove with the eating and exercise I am afraid the stress of the new school year is going to seriously derail me. I keep hoping that a librarian job will miraculously open up before that time. You are doing a good job with the exercise, I can't use DVDs, I am too ADHD and can't follow along, so kudos to you for that!
3/18/09
228/175/125
oksoonergirl26
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Stihl » July 29th, 2009, 3:55 am

Wow your school starts early! Where I live it doesn't get going until September.

Good luck with the upcoming school year!

Goal 1: 195 by August 24th - CHECK
Goal 2: 157 by November 26th. lose 28.6#/73 days = .392#/day
Stihl

Postby sidrah » August 2nd, 2009, 6:56 pm

I am a NY person, so when I started working in Phoenix, I was shocked that school goes back in August, much less the first week. Last year we started on Aug 6, this year, Aug 3. it is too soon...We finish the last week of May, but I swear this summer was the quickest yet.

sidrah
Preferred member

Postby sidrah » August 23rd, 2009, 11:39 pm

I think I am switching to 6 meals a day and just getting rid of everything around me except bottled water and bags of Sonic ice. It's just easier for me and I have the food already sorted and grouped in the closet, so this way I don't have to spend anymore money on food. I have some eggs and some frozen MF products, so I will do those alternatingly until I use them up.

School started and even though I swore I would make sure I logged in everyday, I am just so busy and bring home anbother 3 hours of work that I literally fall asleep an hour or so after I get home and wake up at midnight and work a few more hours, sleep for 3 or 4 hours and then go back to work again.

It should settle down soon enough but for now with kids still transferring in and arriving finally for school (3 weeks late), but until then, not so much down time. I have a better set up this year, so none of the old worries about eating every 3 or 4 hours.

Let's hope this works out. It can't be any worse than it is now.

sidrah
Preferred member

Postby sidrah » August 24th, 2009, 11:43 pm

Too tired...Too much paperwork to do...Going to bed

sidrah
Preferred member

Postby katieb920 » August 26th, 2009, 5:58 am

Oh Unca,

You have to try it. I actually sell it. To some really high end restaurants. Ostrich is actually leaner then chicken, and less fat.
Katie
katieb920
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby oksoonergirl26 » August 28th, 2009, 8:24 pm

I feel your pain, school actually started this week for me. I managed to exercise and stay on plan, until yesterday and the stress and exhaustion finally carb overloaded me out. If I didn't have a husband to cook for I would try do the six meals a day.
3/18/09
228/175/125
oksoonergirl26
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby sidrah » August 30th, 2009, 9:30 pm

1. Ostrich tastes GREAT!!! Trader Joe's sells it frozen in patties. Also, buffalo and aslmon burgers are right by it, so when I have the money, I get them. Gotta try it to love it. Better than turkey burgers b/c they don't dry out as much, if at all.

2. Yeah. here is the problem with 6 MF meals a day. I drove an hour to and from work and work about 10-11 hours and then drive home and work 3 or 4 more and I get soooo tored that it is not good to drive that much when you are hungry and tired. So, I think to help me in more than one way, I am goingto have lunch as a meal instead of my usual hot chocolate. This way, I am forced to take a break and actually stop working and eat lunch with my classroom para who gets avery annoyed if she only sees me drinking hot chocolate or tea instead of eating. Also, she doesn't know what I am drinking so it works out. SO, I was at Safeway and all the salad is $1 a bag. So, that plus cucumber plus whatever tuna concoction I come up with will be what I have for lunch.

That way I am not dizzy or hungry and tired when I drive home I can drink something there and I have my probably illegal in a classroom little plug in to make hot water thing under my desk. That works out better for me, I think. I have been eating oatmeal in the AM and whatever at lunch and then at 3 whatever comes up, I make something hot to drink in those disposable cups. Maybe in a month or so I will move back to the 6 meals a day idea. For now, though, too busy and too tired to not have some more in me to concentrate and stay awake better.

sidrah
Preferred member

Postby sidrah » September 3rd, 2009, 2:33 pm

Bad week. Fights with insane family members. Stayed home from work today from sheer exhaustion, but am working just as many hours from here as I would if I was there. I just saved the 2 hours of driving time. Still get docked fo ra "sick day" though.

I am just thinking to give it the weekend to get used to the all 7 meals a day and then hopefully by Tuesday when we go back, I'll be set with it and am not so tired that it woud impact me. I think I am just fed up with everything and I have to get over that. I just don't know how. Everyday I hope next week will be better, but it isn't exactly happening. Going to do more work and will finish later on.

sidrah
Preferred member

Postby sidrah » September 5th, 2009, 6:33 pm

On the way to the store. I have nothing at all in the house. In my fridge is a shelf filled with SF syrup and WF dressing. ANother shelf has 2 gallons of bottled water and 3 bottles of diet Sprite for when my brother comes over. I don't drink soda anymore- gave it up for Lent last year and just never had it since. I am not even tempted to drink it, but I keep it there for them. Anyway, in my freezer would be bags of ice and frozen vegetables. So, I guess a shopping trip is on order now that I got paid last night.

I wanted to order some of those pretzels I keep hearing are so good and maybe a little less of the nacho puff things. Mixed reviews on them, but horrible reviews, so far, on the parmesan ones. I still haev so many soy crisps that I think I am okay. I just thought having pretzels at school would be easier and it's something I would take anyway. I was thining maybe half the L and G meal and half the pretzels and then do the rest of each when I got home.

I am going to try out some ideas I had to mix WF Italian dressing and cottage cheese in the Magic Bullet to make a creamy italian to mix with tuna. I have to get some peppers, too. I have cucumbers and lettuce was $.99 a bag already shredded so I am getting some of that, too. I have about 10 bags already, but they have shredded cabbage that looks good....easy to cook for hot vegetables. I was waiting of the day crowd to dwindle so I could shop at night, now I don't feel like going. Guess I have no choice, though.

sidrah
Preferred member

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal