sidrah

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby sidrah » July 2nd, 2006, 10:27 pm

Ostrich is great! I have some buffalo I might have tomorrow night.

Today was simple. Didn't feel like making much. I had root beer/vanilla shake when I got up. I had a chicken noodle next, then for dinner I had my salad with turkey and some shrimp. I'll figure the rest out later.

Well, after salad and turkey, I ended up having a banana shake with tangerine/strawberry crystal light. It's goood cause it's cold. Lots of ice.

I took a bar out of the freezer, so I'll do that and probably another shake or something
Last edited by sidrah on July 3rd, 2006, 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
sidrah
Preferred member

Postby Jen » July 2nd, 2006, 11:13 pm

I agree, I love buffalo burgers and ostrich steaks.
Start date: 6/22/06 : 36 : 5'7" : 262/190/140
Jen
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby sidrah » July 3rd, 2006, 9:55 pm

Today wasn't so good- I woke up late. Had chai for breakfast, but was busy and then it was like 5 hours later before I had dinner- which I am eating right now.

So, for dinner, I had ostrich stew. Pretty good.

All I did was take an ostrich burger and cooked it like chopped meat, then added in some mushrooms. Empty pan. I separately cooked zucchini and some red pepper and sauteed them and let them stew in some WF tomato sauce. Then, just add back in the chopped meat and mushrooms. Just let it stew for little bit together. Seasonings were my choices, but use whatever works for ya. I go for the normal garlic, parlsey, red chile pepper deal, with s/p. It took like 15 minutes. Maybe I should think of a cookbook. 30 minutes MF meals :roll:

Later on I suppose I should make some more food, but I can only imagine. I am not hungry.

Last night I ended up having oatmeal & made them into pancakes with some syrup. Good meal to make ahead and reheat. Might even be good cold! It was like the dunkable french toast sticks form BK.

More to come. My head hurts and my project is not going well.

Okay, back as promised. Well, at least I said I would do it so this way I am with the knowledge I am doing something correctly today.

Anyway....I had my ostrich, then about 2 hours later I had a vanilla shake--made it lemonde-y. Tasted like frozen lemon meringue chunks added in. I finished most of it. Now, about 2 hours later, I am doubling up on 2 meals at a time. I made frozen hot choc. Eventually, I will finish it. I am just not that hungry today and cannot stay up for another 6 hours to get them all in. So, I decided to do them every two hours after dinner for tonight. If not, I would be awake until 6 am just to finish eating.

I have a S'mores bar on the counter defrosting. In about 2 hours or so I will have that. I normally do not double meals, but I am not waiting up forever when I have to sleep a little bit at least.

I have an idea in my brain that my PIA advisor might be fine with. I am going to sit and work most of tomorrow with it. I cannot wait to be done, but I would prefer to do it right than do it over. I tell the kids in school all the time, "Do it right or do it again." Theycomplain that I work them too hard, but in the end they do it and do it right. And, they learn from it and remember for the majority of the year what we were working on.

Most of my kids' parents were also special ed kids, so that makes it a teeny bit harder to motivate the parents and get them to push the kids. I hit the point a few years ago with this current group of kids where they now know more than their parents, so it is pretty hard to get the push at home. I have had this group of juniors since they were in 7th grade, so I know them, they know me, and I know mom and dad or whoever they are living with this year. I liked coming up from junior high to the high school because I know what they know and where they still need to go. The group that will be seniors next year decided that they would play dumb 2 years ago in math. So this past year when they saw me again, they kind of laughed, then saw that fun time was over. I don't care if they are in special ed. classes or not. I probably work them harder than most teachers, special ed or general ed.

Wow, so that was off topic. Anyway, as you can tell I am a special ed. HS teacher. Just in case I failed to mention that before.

Back to the research..aggghhhhh :(
sidrah
Preferred member

Postby sidrah » July 7th, 2006, 11:51 pm

It's already Friday, wow. I am actually doing just fine this week. I had this thought in my head and then said, no, then yes. Then I read Jo's little website blog there and decided that I also want to say that it has been 4 months and no cheating or 10 months and not cheating! I am glad I saw that.

I had chicken and zucchini and spinach in tomatoes tonight. It was good. Tasted like this Indian food I have had that I cannot remember the name of....It'll come to me.

I have lots of vanilla shakes so I have been trying to do different things. I think I am going to continue 3 shakes a day. One when I get up, one when I go to bed (or whenever last one is) and then one at some time during the day. It works out fine.

I don't know how I missed this before, and I know I have made chocolate shakes before, but I made a chocolate shake, added a little bit of chocolate syrup and a bit of coconut syrup, then lots of ice. I swear it was creamy and smooth and just bumpy enough that it was the consistency of McD shakes. I have made them before but it never came out that way...weird. So, I have been blending a little longer and that tastes really good. However, when school starts, I am getting some RTDs for ease and the convenience of not having a Magic Bullet in school- or at least not having the ice I would need.

So, I have been having some new combos. Today, I made a vanilla shake (since I have soooo many) with chocolate and hazelnut and lots f ice. I did not have a snack today, so I added some FF Cheesecake pudding mix and will keep that shake in the fridge till later on.

Last night, I had turkey and a salad and either something was nasty with the salad or the dressing (Caesar from WF that I had never had before), but I couldn’t eat any of it. I think the anchovy paste in the Caesar killed me. It was all I could taste and smell; I hate anchovy. So, I just had the turkey-Wrong, but I was starving since I was out a little longer and it was about 6 hours between meals. I am not hungry when I keep to the 3 hours. That day I had brought a bar and forgot it in the car. It was so mushy I was afraid to open it. They re-freeze fine though.

I think I am fine with just the 3 shakes. For the other meals, I kind of want oatmeal and a variety on the other one. We’ll see. I sometimes choose oatmeal over a L&G, but I like oatmeal, so…*Thanks, again, Jen. I am also thinking of cottage cheese instead of meat for a while. I think I can go between fish and cottage cheese for a little bit.
sidrah
Preferred member

Postby Diana » July 8th, 2006, 7:08 am

yeah, it can be pretty disappointing when the L&G just can't be done for whatever reason. I've ruined my share and they've wound up in the garbage disposal. Then there are some days, the dh and I just can't bring ourselves to cook, so we just do the full program of 6 meal replacements.

My favorite add-in for vanilla shake right now is decaf coffee, cinnamon, nutmeg and a packet of spenda. Latte!!

Yep, I think RTDs during school is going to be the way to go! I'm even making peace with the vanilla this summer. (Cocoa is a migraine trigger for me, so I want to limit it.) They're not bad! Not as good as the chocolate, but definitely doable!

OH! I've gotten awfully fond of firm tofu and asian eggplant lately! I cook a little garlic, the eggplant and bunch o' other veggies in chili oil and soy sauce. Then add about 1/2 c chicken broth or boullion and the tofu. Good stuff, Maynard!

Hope to see you in CA sometime!! Keep up the great work, Sidrah! :mrgreen:
Here's to our mutual success! :buddies: --Diana
Diana
Preferred Member - #120 Club
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Postby sidrah » July 8th, 2006, 9:56 pm

Well, I cleaned a lot. Got no school work done, but that's okay cause I am in a fight with my teacher (at least in my mind). She is not helping at all and I don't know if I should keep researching or start over again. So frustrating.

Well, I added coconut and choc. flavoring to a banana shake. Not horrible, but I really only tasted the coconut. I haev pineapple and coconut syrup, so I am thinking about a pina colada shake soon...maybe mixed into an orange pineapple shake??

I had chicken and mushrooms with broc...tasted good...spicy

Oatmeals....check

Water....A-OK

We'll see what I have later on.

Is it me or do these supplements really get stuck in bowls and harden up quicker than most food?
sidrah
Preferred member

Postby Arklahoma » July 9th, 2006, 8:48 am

I am in graduate school and seem to be reading/writing way more than I want to. Enjoy reading your posts and wish you well on your dissertation.
Arklahoma

Postby sidrah » July 13th, 2006, 2:12 am

Haven't had time to write anymore long essays this week, so I am reading much more than I am writing in here.

I wish I had a lot of money. I might have salmon way more than I do. Other than that, I haev been having cottage cheese and cucumbers and tomatoes with honey mustard (WF). I haev always liked cottage cheese with chives, so it is no big deal for me to have that for dinner. Otherwise, I have been having salmon with brocolli. I think if I could have cucumbers with blue cheese dressing and tuna fish every day of my life, I would be content. So, that is why I went the Atkins route. I think one day I am going to end up doing something similar again. It really isn't all that different than this for the one meal I have- I jsut cook some things differently.

To be honest, I was doing very well (people noticed and commented) on Atkins all last summer, but the week before school started I had something- pizza I think it was. So, I decided just for that weekend I would do that. I tried so hard to get back into Atkins, but school was starting and I was too busy getting things unpacked with the new move to that classroom and 2 of the other sped teachers quitting that I just ended up spending 12 hours a day at school and either going to bed or just stopping somewhere after I got home. I never really got that back into it.

I decided to do MF this summer to be ready with all my needed tricks once school starts. I sort of began a few times during school, but I had so many papers to write and I was never sleeping that being hungry adn dead tired was really seriously bad...I almost fell asleep driving home one night. So, I decided I would wait until the summer since I am home and have everything at my disposal and have the time constraint lifted.

So, I began for real this summer, mid-summer after vacation, really, and since then I have not had any comments at all. Then, agian, I have not cheated at all either. I am sure I have lost weight; I don't see how I could not have. I figured sticking with any program and working it right leads to weight loss. The reason I selected this was the pictures I see. I know it depends on the person, but if someone on TV can lose 100 pounds why couldn't I? I picked this because in my mind it was idiot proof. Eat this at this time, eat this at this time...I, of course, have a horrible sleeping/work schedule this summer since I never sleep and it is hard to do the 3 hour deal.

I am going to order RTDs for when schol begins. It will be much easier for me. I used to just work through lunch and be starving when I got home and stop along the way or go out at lunch time and feel horrible that I wasn't getting my work done. 35 minutes for lunch is not a big deal since I usually have kdis in there at that time if I don't throw them out. So, not eating lunch was fine cause I was busy and eventually I wasn't huingy anymore.

Anyhow, I think I will do much better this time around. I really liked going out to dinner with some people from here. I would love to do that again and have someone notice. I don't really have a scale, but I don't think it matters all that much since numbers mean nothing in the end. Clothing and reactions and comments mean more to me. Up an ounce, downa pound will all even out. IF you look better and feel better, what the scale says is irrelevant.

That said, I just realized what time it is, so I am off to make some soup. I like the crm of broc. So, I think all this talk of tomato soup will make me go grab the closest cream soup I have- crm of broc. I already had 2 shakes, dinner, and now soup. See, my waking time really is weird.
Don't really care as long as everything's better than yesterday was...

@}---- @}---- @}---- @}----
sidrah
Preferred member

Postby Arklahoma » July 13th, 2006, 9:38 am

sidrah wrote:~~@~~@~~@~~@~~@~~@~~@~~@~~@~~
Not even looking or counting, so I don't know...

Love your siggie!!!
Arklahoma

Postby sidrah » July 15th, 2006, 12:43 am

"Today I live in the quiet, joyous expectation of good."
~ Ernest Holmen ~

I found that today, liked it so, put it here so I don't forget it.

I was cleaning stuff out of the car so I could put the ladder in to help my brother paint. So, someone filled this one rubbermade comtainer with heavy things. I didn't realuze it was heavy adn I wen to lift it up.bad idea. My back is killing me. I took some advil, so it should be fien. Just feels not so hot. Later, it took 2 people to move the bo, so I really misjudged how heavy it could be, I hope this goes away by tomorrow casue I have to type and it hurt sitting in the chair for a long time. I hope it goes away pretty quickly.

I am at my mom's house for a few days.. My AC broke in the apt. adn they have to order a new part for it. Yay me!

Well, someone told my dad how obvious it was that he lost a lot of weight. I don't see it. I just sat there. No comment for me, but I didn't really expect anyone to say anything. See, the thing is unlike my dad, I didn't tell anyone what I was doing.

So, I have this theory that when people know you are trying to lose weight, poof, all of the sudden they see it. I rarely do and unlike some I don't have this need to tell people look like they lost weight unless I think I see it. I am not rude, I just don't make a big production of it otherwise. Honestly, I have seen before and after pictures and I cannot see a difference all the time. On another board I had a friend who changed hair and clothes and posted one picture as a before and a picture taken 15 minutes later as a post. She got tons of comments on how they could really see progress and how they were cheering her on. She was doing a psych thesis, but anyway I haven't told anyone becasue I do not want people to feel like they need to say something. I think I will get more honesty from spontaneous reactions, not ones that might be planned. People who are in on the plan will see things differently and can relate, but I am not like many people who don't care who knows. Maybe it ahs to do with what happens if it doesn't work ??? I don't know..

sidrah
Preferred member

Postby Arklahoma » July 15th, 2006, 6:15 am

Sidrah ~ Take care of that back of yours. I have had back pain for years so I know how much this hurts. If the pain doesn't dissipate soon then try some ice.

BTW, I think your theory has merit in some cases. Nobody noticed my weight loss until I bought new scrubs. Then everybody freaked out and couldn't believe the changes. Probably depends upon how much weight one has lost.
Arklahoma

Postby sidrah » July 15th, 2006, 6:07 pm

Thanks. It is better this AM. Still hard to bend over to pick up things off the floor, for example, but it should be fine. No worries.

I have some salmon marinating, so I'll cook that up later on.

I am at my mom's house, I mentioned, but was trying to 1. slip in shakes without a production and 2, still have them taste good, so I just realized duh, why not take the magic bullet with me. I did and it makes them so much better. I have ice and everything it was just that I had resigned myslef to shaker bottles.

So, I had one this afternoon when I got up and when someone asked I just said I was adding soy powder to my drink. "Oh" was the answer. Cool. It really wasn't a lie.

sidrah
Preferred member

Postby Arklahoma » July 16th, 2006, 7:23 am

From someone who's been in Physical Therapy multiple times for back pain ~ Do not bend over to pick stuff up off the floor. Anything that is below your waist requires bending your legs and maintaining a straight back. It takes a total mind readjustment but it's the only thing that saves me. My back is very weak and if I move in an odd direction then I'm down for the count for days. Sorry if I sound like a broken record, but take care of your back!!!
Arklahoma

Postby sidrah » July 17th, 2006, 12:59 am

Well, my back feels better today, but I am working on the computer all day, so it is killing me to sit here. I have been breaking it up a little bit more than usual.

I need to go home. I can do meals better there. I also havet o do my noght of no sleep so I can get back to staying up during the time the sun is up and not going to bed when it rises. My schedule because of all this typing has been to work unitl about 4 or 5 am. I go to bed between 5 and 6 am (usually 630 ish) and wake up around 1 PM or later. It is messing with my times for eating and sleeping and I have to get back to normal cause school is starting again soon.

I just hope to see a difference by then. I would think by August 8th something has to change.

sidrah
Preferred member

Postby sidrah » July 17th, 2006, 11:13 pm

Orange pineapple shake- BReakfast
Chocolate shake- afternoon
Fish and spin/tomato- Lunch

Dinner and snack- Oatmeal pancakes with WF apple jelly and some syrup..

Last meal- Shake- strawberry shake..

I have never really like the taste of maple syrup. It was always to sweet, but I like the SF ones much better. WF is better than the original or SF to me. I could never use the serving size they list in one shot (1/4 c.), so I use much less, but still does the trick when you feel like having something more solid

sidrah
Preferred member

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal