Scrambled Eggs

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Scrambled Eggs

Postby Ct. Yankee » December 5th, 2006, 4:22 am

Another Medifast forum has mentioned that MF is coming out with scrambled eggs, to be available on December 18th. Anybody know if this is for real? :?:
Joan
Ct. Yankee
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby bikipatra » December 5th, 2006, 4:26 am

I hope not. We are already allowed eggs one or twice a week as a part of a L&G. Do you mean scrambled eggs as a supplement w nutrients added?? Sounds like those weird sulfur powdered eggs they used to serve in the cafeteria at camp. Maybe I should withhold judgement. After all, the reason I am here is because I will eat virtually anything! :lol: :lol:
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Karli » December 5th, 2006, 4:28 am

ha ha... biki, once again I find you hilarious !!

Anyway, I will second your sentiments for the same reasons you have stated; we are already allowed the real thing.
Karli

Postby Ct. Yankee » December 5th, 2006, 4:35 am

I absolutely agree with both of you.

As mentioned, it might be that the eggs would be another supplement to use as just another choice for our five supplements, in ADDITION, to our Lean and Green. Or say, as a change from oatmeal for breakfast, or something like that?? Powdered eggs have a wicked reputation, so who knows!!!
At least, Medifast is trying to come out with different products for us, to allow for more variety. Not all products are feasible or liked by every person. Time will tell! :D
Joan
Ct. Yankee

Postby bikipatra » December 5th, 2006, 4:36 am

Awww, thanks Karli. You made my day. Some people don't get or misinterpret my sense of humor....
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby Karli » December 5th, 2006, 4:43 am

Ct. Yankee wrote:I absolutely agree with both of you.

As mentioned, it might be that the eggs would be another supplement to use as just another choice for our five supplements, in ADDITION, to our Lean and Green. Or say, as a change from oatmeal for breakfast, or something like that?? Powdered eggs have a wicked reputation, so who knows!!!
At least, Medifast is trying to come out with different products for us, to allow for more variety. Not all products are feasible or liked by every person. Time will tell! :D
Joan

Actually, this is true in that, I wouln't mind having something like scrambled eggs for breaky and not have it usurp my L&G all at once.

So, my mind is changed. I am all for it :mrgreen: !! hee hee... maybe there is even no such thing, actually, and we are just theorizing :-P.

Karli
Karli

Postby Ct. Yankee » December 5th, 2006, 4:49 am

Thank you, Karli, for understanding the point I was trying to make. Had nothing to do with anyone's 'sense of humor'. As you say, the product may never come out for sale, and with the negative reputation that powdered eggs have always had, it may turn out to be a bummer. Then again, if there is such a product, it may be that it won't come in powder form. As you mentioned, Karli, just a whole lot of theory. Time will tell. Thanks again, Karli. :)
Joan
Ct. Yankee

Hi

Postby dede4wd » December 5th, 2006, 5:32 am

You guys are TOO FUNNY! I feel left out because I never got to go to camp, but I did grow up on Marine Corps air stations, so I imagine I can relate to the "product" you're refering to!

A new MF meal that doesn't count as the L & G would be cool, I'll try anything! I'm one of the folks that likes the beef stew a lot, so what do I know?

DeDe
Last edited by dede4wd on December 8th, 2006, 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dede4wd

Re: Hi

Postby Karli » December 5th, 2006, 5:43 am

dede4wd wrote:You guys are TOO FUNNY! I feel left out because I never got to go to camp, but I did grow up on Marine Corps air stations, so I imagine I can relate to the "product" you're refering to!

A new MF meal that doesn't count as the L & G would be cool, I'll try anything! I'm one of the folks that likes the beef stew a lot, so what do I know?

DeDe

I am assuming it is similar to backpacking scrambled eggs, too (which I have had). Probably it's all very much the same (and actually, I like it :mrgreen: ).

And just to make the 'cheering for stew' section a little more complete, I also *love* it and just ordered some for my (shrinking :mrgreen: ) tummy :).
Karli

Postby Amber » December 5th, 2006, 7:01 am

I have heard a similar rumor; that a "breakfast type item" would soon be making an appearance...
Patience, patience~
Amber

Goal Met November 1, 2006
#44, 23 weeks
Amber
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Ct. Yankee » December 5th, 2006, 9:47 am

:) Oh, Amber, when it comes to my memory of staring down as this 'mystery' yellow stuff in a stainless steel server , staring back up at me, at breakfast in the cafeteria at nursing school every morning, I have plenty of patience, if we are waiting for powdered eggs!! LOL! Maybe, it will be a good surprise for us all--as I said before, time will tell! I was just curious as to whether anyone else heard about a new product coming our way? PS: you look absolutely stunning in your picture in the studio, congratulations! :D
Joan
Ct. Yankee

Postby Amber » December 5th, 2006, 12:30 pm

Many thanks for your kind words, Joan!
Maybe, if we're very fortunate, the up-coming will be the Medi-version of Eggs Benedict and not the scrambled slop that seems to be expected! Probably wishful thinking, but it is Christmas-time... :question:
Amber

Goal Met November 1, 2006
#44, 23 weeks
Amber
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby casma500 » December 5th, 2006, 1:36 pm

Hey there,

Nancy did mention in her monthly specials (I think...) post that MF was announcing a new product soon, that we would really like!

I for one would LOVE some scrambled eggs! I'm an army vet so don't mind having to mix them myself ~ if THAT is not a sign of a true food addict, I don't know what is! LOL ~

I know we get eggs for real, but I would love having them for breakfast! I just hope someone isn't getting our hopes up :)
~ Be Yourself -- Everyone Else is Already Taken ~
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Hi

Postby dede4wd » December 5th, 2006, 4:01 pm

I've heard the surprise will be revealed on Dec 18, so I'm trying to be patient! How exciting!

A yummy new "breakfast-type item!"

I'll give it a try, I'll be the crash test dummy, I mean taster! Oops, wrong occupation again! Too many blows to the head!

DeDe
dede4wd

Postby DogMa » December 5th, 2006, 4:05 pm

It's coming too late for me, but I would have loved to try a breakfast item in the beginning, when I hated oatmeal. I spent many months having broccoli soup for breakfast.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Next

Return to Weight Loss