Pancakes with MF Scrambled Eggs

Add your favorite recipes.

Postby Mike » April 1st, 2007, 7:21 pm

I made these for Terry and Nancy on Saturday morning. After Di fixes the lighting in the pics, I will get them posted in here.

They both thought they tasted fabulous.
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby JonnaD » April 1st, 2007, 7:37 pm

Cool. Thanks for letting me know. I'll have to see what other delicious recipes I can cook up. :chef:
Jonna
Working on learning patience - I want to be thin and I want it NOW!
JonnaD
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby smartipantz » April 2nd, 2007, 10:12 am

Ohhhhh Nancy - you are so funny and so cute!!!! Now I have to go make me some pancakes!!!!
Restarted 9/29/08
1st month = 16.7 lbs
2nd month = 9.5 lbs
3rd month = 10.8 lbs
4th month = .4 lb /
smartipantz
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Nancy » April 2nd, 2007, 4:21 pm

I :heart: LOVED those pancakes! They served them with I Can't Believe It's Butter spray and some sugar-free maple syrup and for maintaining Terry, some all natural no sugar added real live organic PB. Shhhh. :whattha:

They are very hearty and stick with you for a long time. I think they would be perfect for taking along on a hike or to work. I think they taste like buckwheats and for us maintenance folks, we can spread ours with apple sauce or apple butter. Yummuh!

:secret: What a great time we had at Mike and Di's!
They have a cutesy wootsy home - a black lab named Andy and a cockatiel named Jewels. Jewels rides around on Mike's or Di's shoulder and whispers sweet birdy tweets in their ears.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Mike » April 3rd, 2007, 12:38 am

We had a blast too Nancy. Glad you like the McClelland Lookout. Its cozy, but we love the view.
Gonna miss the animals for a couple weeks, but they have grandma to keep them company (and cousin Oreo). ;)

We had a great time and thanks for everything. Looking forward to the great things to come. :mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike

Postby Nancy » April 3rd, 2007, 9:55 am

Mike ~

I really truly pock-a-dooly loved those 'cakes and can hardly wait to get home and fix a batch - it's kinda hard to cook them on the manifold of our car!

I love the versatility of our Medifast products. They are ideal for travelers; we tuck packets in the crannies of our bag and whip one out and shake it up in a bottle of cold water and have a refreshing shake along the way. By eating carefully during the day, we can enjoy a nice sit-down meal. Last evening we ate at Capt. Blythers near the Benicia Pier.

Along with a crisp green salad and I had grilled halibut with sundried tomatoes and Terry had a steak. We requested no starch and I enjoyed steamed asparagus and Terry who eats nuthin’ green, enjoyed NOT eating his asparagus.

Your little town is quaint and yet very trendy. I’m waitin’ for the Michael Nourot studio to open so I can watch the glass blowing and then we are going to Tiburon and Sausalito.

Have a happy and healthy day!
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby MerryMary » April 3rd, 2007, 10:46 pm

Jonna, thank you for the wonderful recipe! I tried these pancakes today and they were simply scrumptious! ~Mary
MARY
Started MF 11/6/06; reached goal 9/27/07.
MerryMary
Preferred Member - #110 Club
Preferred Member - #110 Club

Postby JonnaD » April 4th, 2007, 7:19 am

You're welcome, Mary. Cute clipart. :lol:
Jonna
Working on learning patience - I want to be thin and I want it NOW!
JonnaD
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Karli » April 5th, 2007, 9:17 pm

Great photos !

Jonna, I tried these 'cakers today and they were great !! Thanks for the recipe, and thanks for being brave with your packets (I have tried a couple of my own experiments before with some of my packets and after having to flush a few packets-worth down the drain, I gave up :-P).

Cheers !
Karli
Karli

Postby Mike » April 9th, 2007, 9:51 am

Nancy wrote:Mike ~

Last evening we ate at Capt. Blythers near the Benicia Pier.

Along with a crisp green salad and I had grilled halibut with sundried tomatoes and Terry had a steak. We requested no starch and I enjoyed steamed asparagus and Terry who eats nuthin’ green, enjoyed NOT eating his asparagus.

Your little town is quaint and yet very trendy. I’m waitin’ for the Michael Nourot studio to open so I can watch the glass blowing and then we are going to Tiburon and Sausalito.

Have a happy and healthy day!

We love our little town also, glad you guys could visit for a few days, we loved having you here. Now more people may come and visit, which we would love. :D
I will say it is nice finding someone with an even less affinity for veggies than me ;)
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

Mike

Postby LoriHatesOkra » April 26th, 2007, 12:47 pm

I liked these but I'm wondering... to make it less of an egg taste could you maybe mix in a 2nd packet of oatmeal and some more water and make 3 servings instead of just the 2? I think I'm going to try that next time I make them. But... if it doesn't work I still have good pancakes :D

Does anyone know aprox. how much batter to use for each pancake? I made mine in a measuring cup and it came out to just under a cup so I used a 1/4 cup to put it in the pan but then the first one came out sorta normal size and then I didn't have enough to do 3 more the same size so the other three are more MF portion size. I'm even thinking it might be closer to 1/8 cup instead. Do you guys measure as you pour or just guestimate?
LoriHatesOkra
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby Nancy » April 26th, 2007, 1:22 pm

Hi LoriHatesOkra ~

I'm sure Mike or others will chime in here about the portion sizes they use. You might consider adding a skosh more cinnamon or some nutmeg to make the pancakes taste less eggy to you. I didn't notice an eggy taste but thought they were more like a buckwheat flavor.

I made them with blueberry oatmeal and wished I had sugar-free blueberry syrup to make them more berryish.

(Hey, Lori ~ I'm with you and okra...not my fave either. The only way I can hack okra is if it is pickled!)
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby Mike » April 26th, 2007, 1:54 pm

Depends on the amount of water. When I follow the recipe for cookies and let it sit a bit it thickens so I have to add more water before making them.

If you like the french toast tasting version its 1 to 1 egg and oatmeal. For less egg taste do 2 or 3 packets with 1 egg and make sure you make the right number of pancakes for the servings.

I usually add more SF sweetener as I like them sweeter. Usually mine are made using a 1/4 c. measuring cup. and cooked on a long electric griddle.

Enjoy.

:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

Mike

Postby LoriHatesOkra » April 28th, 2007, 4:50 pm

Ok I tried it with tweaking. I added another packet of oatmeal and an extra 4oz of water. I also added a dash of cinnamon and they came out perfect for my taste. Of course it made 3 servings but that's alright cause I really like them and will probably eat them for the rest of the day lol

As far as okra goes I've always hated it. I've tried it cooked several different ways and I just can't stand it. The funny thing is I'm a total veggie lover. I'm not a big fan of fruit but I'll eat almost any veggie any time of the day... but okra is one I just wont touch.
LoriHatesOkra
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby Pashta » April 28th, 2007, 5:34 pm

I never tried okra, it looks so scary to me! :redhead: LOL that's a great little emoticon!
- Tonia

Start: 03/20/06 (restart 3/19/07)
3 kids: 3 mos, 18 mos, 11 yrs old
Month 1: -4.4,-0.8,-4.0,-2.2 (-11.4, -7 in.)
Month 2: -1.6,-1.6,-3.4
Pashta
Preferred Member - #20 Club

PreviousNext

Return to Lean Cuisine