Pancakes with MF Scrambled Eggs

Add your favorite recipes.

Postby Tawanda » April 28th, 2007, 7:17 pm

I made these pancakes tonight for my dinner.......oh my but they were delish! I didn't have any ICBINB spray so I just sprinkled a little bit of Molly McButter on top of them.......oh yum! Definitely going to make these again!
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Mike » April 28th, 2007, 10:54 pm

Pashta wrote:I never tried okra, it looks so scary to me! :redhead: LOL that's a great little emoticon!

I've tried it fried with corn meal, and cooked in gumbo.... doesn't matter how its done, to me its yucky :puke:

Then again, there are few cooked veggies I can do, but that's just me. :mrgreen:

As for the pancakes.... I love them and have them probably once or twice a week. Sometimes as dessert.

;)
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Mike » September 15th, 2007, 9:19 pm

I tried cooking these in the GT Express grill (demonstrated by Joe Blanchard at the TSFL convention). He added a little flax seed powder and these turned out great (like scones actually).

I think if I want pancakes I will still cook these like pancakes, but for a grab and go type of muffin, it works.

The GT Express grill is a great thing.

:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike

Postby Nancy » September 16th, 2007, 7:23 pm

Hey, Mike ~

I'm glad ya like the GT Express Griller. I like it for making the muffies, too - so easy to clean up and they can bake while I do something else.

I used to bake the Medimuffins in our oven and hated firing it up for just a few items. It took 10 minutes to heat up the oven to the proper temp, then I had to wait all hunched over lookin' in the little ovenish window waitin' for them to bake.

:oops: Embarrassing confession: Once I used the convection feature, got involved on the 'puter and forgot to check on the muffins. The smoke detector informed me they were done.

The GT Express bakes them evenly and it is a whole lot safer around here...maybe you could invent a Pancake Express that in a matter of minutes bakes both sides of the pancakes at once (without sticking) and is super easy to clean-up…
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Mike » September 17th, 2007, 8:29 pm

Actually, the GT Express did bake both side at the same time. There is just something about a nice round flatter pancake with a little SF syrup on it rather than a triangular, thicker pancake. ;)
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

Mike

Postby Mike » January 16th, 2008, 8:51 pm

bump for newbies
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

Mike

Postby Nancy » January 16th, 2008, 11:20 pm

Thanks, Mike for bumping that post.

I like having the scone-ish shaped muffies because they are great for grab-it-and goes but I do have a hankering for some of your tasty :flip: flip 'n flapcakes! :eat:

It was especially nice to have them prepared and served by Science Guy himself.

You are a great chef and host! :chef:

I rolled some warm pancakes burrito-style, popped them into a Ziplock bag and took them in my purse for gnoshing in the car.
They were a bit soggy so next time, I'll not zip the zipper until they are totally cool. :kool:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Yummy

Postby Liz » January 26th, 2008, 7:51 pm

I just tried the pancakes.
Boy am I glad I found this site what a great idea!!!

Yummy!!! I made them with the Blueberry ...so good
Liz
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby monkeymom » February 7th, 2008, 2:12 pm

Nancy wrote:
I rolled some warm pancakes burrito-style, popped them into a Ziplock bag and took them in my purse for gnoshing in the car.
They were a bit soggy so next time, I'll not zip the zipper until they are totally cool. :kool:

Nancy,

Try wrapping them in a paper towel, then putting in the plastic bag. As long as the pancakes are not fresh off the griddle when you package them, the paper towels usually don't stick to them as they cool, and they absorb the moisture so the pancakes don't get nearly as soggy. This also works if with brownies. I took a warm one with me on the way to my 8am class yesterday. Worked great!
Vicki
255 - 1/29/08
monkeymom
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Mike » February 7th, 2008, 3:06 pm

Great idea. BTW.... going to join us this weekend for the Super Saturday Thousand Oakes?
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

Mike

Postby monkeymom » February 7th, 2008, 9:38 pm

Mike wrote:Great idea. BTW.... going to join us this weekend for the Super Saturday Thousand Oakes?

Is this for me Mike? I am going to meet Nancy and Terry on Sunday morning, not planning on Saturday. I have MUCH research to do!
Vicki
255 - 1/29/08
monkeymom

Postby Mike » February 7th, 2008, 9:40 pm

Yup... for you. We are coming home Sunday morning, so enjoy the meeting with Terry and Nancy.

We plan on having a great time down there. Remain well.

Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

Mike

Postby monkeymom » February 7th, 2008, 10:07 pm

Yep, it's a long drive for you Mike! My son goes to school at UC Davis, so I know the drive well. Ug!
Vicki
255 - 1/29/08
monkeymom

Postby Mike » February 7th, 2008, 11:54 pm

Well... flight makes it faster.... ;)
We both teach. Di is part time now thanks to TSFL, and I'm cutting out early to get to Oakland to catch the plane.

Would be great if you could come see Dr. Andersen (Friday night is 7-9).

Take care. :mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

Mike

Previous

Return to Lean Cuisine