Sarya

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby Sarya » September 18th, 2006, 10:09 am

I was going to get back on the wagon today except that I am so sick. I have an almost constant fever, sore throat, coughing, sneezing, headachey, fatigue ridden body. I shouldn't go to pilates, but I can't bring myself to call and cancel.

I tried to have a shake this morning, and it tasted like the worst kind of ass. And it didn't make me feel any better. So at least one more day before I go back.. but I'm feeling gross and bloated. I decided that my body image issues are less important than the fact I am sick and sick bodies like food.

ugh. I am also a poop factory. and miserable.
Sarya
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby TheShadow » September 18th, 2006, 10:36 am

Man, you sound like crap! Maybe you should skip pilates. your body needs all of it's energy to heal and you will just expose everybody else to your yucky germs! Get some rest and feel better...

Tammy
TheShadow
TheShadow
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Sarya » September 18th, 2006, 11:06 am

i did cancel on pilates.. it would be stupid for me to go there tonight. I'd probably pass out. I'm going back to bed now.
Sarya

Postby Unca_Tim » September 18th, 2006, 2:07 pm

I hear you Sarya,
I've been in bed all day.

Can't remember the last time I was sick, but I'll sure remember this one...:(

Get well soon....
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby DogMa » September 18th, 2006, 2:23 pm

Poop factory? Did you eat any bagged spinach in the past week or so? It takes two to nine days to develop symptoms ...
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Sarya » September 18th, 2006, 2:57 pm

Thanks Unca, I hope you feel better too! I think I feel worse right now though :cry:

Dogma, no it wasn't the spinach. I respond to stress and illness in a weird fashion. My insides try to evacuate. Apparently it's one of the symptoms of IBS but I'm not fond of the idea of someone shoving a camera up my butt so I've never been keen on a real diagnosis. I've also been having a lot of dairy recently before the sick.

As for right now. I slept for a while and now I am awake but I swear I feel even worse. My eyes are constantly leaking tears. My boss had to call me to tell me about some major lay offs and he got me coughing. then my coworker called to make sure I knew which made me cough more. Then I had to call one of my coworkers in one of the targetted business units; he made me cough more when he said they thought I was calling to tell them something was broken. I almost fell out of my chair that time.

I'm really sort of upset in a detached way. I feel fat and disgusting. I want nothing more than to get back on medifast, but I know I am way too sick for it. I haven't been this sick in a long time. I thought I wasn't feeling well a week ago but this just takes the cake. I hope it passes quickly. If I'm not feverish I'm freezing cold.
Sarya

Postby GucciGoo » September 18th, 2006, 3:41 pm

I have IBS too, and have had many tubes shoved up my butt to diagnose the condition.

You should eat bananas and white rice.
BETH formerly known as Dark & Stormy
GucciGoo
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Sarya » September 20th, 2006, 6:27 am

I am finally starting to get better. I'm even planning on going back to work tomorrow. I would have today, but I am still coughing up stuff. I am also hoping to get back on medifast within the next few days. I am trying not to be overly disappointed in myself because I realize I have been too sick to follow such a low calorie plan, but then I went off because I was in trauma.. then got sick.. and now I'm rather disgusted with myself.

A funny (not so funny) thing is that my digestive tract is back to "normal" which is to say it's a pain in the rear. literally. Please body start to cooperate with me again so we can feel better.

After spending the last however many days ill I'm also the happy recipient of scalp pimples which hurt like mad due to my lying around feverish (which makes my head sweat and get gross) for days.

I worry about the day I am done losing weight. It will come someday damnit. But I do worry because eating like the general population (even the ones who eat healthy) doesn't seem to work so hot for me. Retraining my tastes is going to take a long time.
Sarya

Postby GucciGoo » September 20th, 2006, 8:48 am

Poor Carrie! Did you try some chicken soup and rolls?
GucciGoo

Postby Sarya » September 20th, 2006, 9:55 am

I did! I had chicken soup yesterday. I am getting better, I just wish it were quicker :)
Sarya

Postby Sarya » September 25th, 2006, 4:30 am

I'm still fighting the lingering effects of what must have been the flu. However, I am definitely getting back on plan today. I am also going back to pilates today.

Honestly, I don't feel ready. I'm still sniffling and coughing and feeling nauseous. But you know what? I think my body is ready even if I'm not. If that makes even the smallest amount of sense. It is now completely rebelling against "the sick" diet and wants it's normal (medifast) diet back. Also my back has been sore the last couple days which only goes to show that I really need to get back to pilates.

I gained a bit of weight. I'm not happy about it. I hope most of it drops off within the next few days. I hope that the parts of me that are not ready to hop back on catch up with the rest of me before too long.

There's just a lot of gross going on over here. Sniffling, coughing up gross. My mouth is completely torn up from who knows what and it hurt hurt hurts. I have a bunch of really sore spots on my face; I can only guess there are pimples deep under the skin causing that. People come near me; I start coughing like mad and they run for cover.

bleh.

Just put in some good thoughts for me that my willpower can overcome my feeling bad and keep me on the right track now. please? thanks.
Sarya

Postby Unca_Tim » September 25th, 2006, 8:55 am

Yikes Sarya,
Get well quick...
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby GucciGoo » September 25th, 2006, 9:51 am

May the Pilate gods look over you with kindness as you re-start your journey.
GucciGoo

Postby Sarya » September 25th, 2006, 12:16 pm

I didn't start feeling the hunger until right after my third supplement of the day. I am now sucking down liquids and trying to hold off on eating my bar until 4pm so I don't find myself hungry during pilates at 5pm.

I honestly can't remember when I was last this sick. I mean, the recovery is taking forever! I still took cold meds today because my nose is like a hose and my cough sounds like I'm trying to strangle something.

But my jeans are snug and that's just not ok! I have a wedding in 3 weeks, and I'm so not going to reach my weight goal.
Sarya

Postby Sarya » September 26th, 2006, 4:34 am

Ah yeah. yesterday was a tough day back on plan. I had to add extra food. Not much, but I had a couple ounces of cheese and some jello. Today I have accounted for a soy crisps snack, but I don't know if I'll have it or more cheese. I'm much more inclined to have a higher protein low carb snack than a higher carb snack. The higher carb snacks will cover the carb craving, but they don't usually fill my stomach in the way a cheese snack can.

So I imagine I have a couple problems here. A: transition back to low carb while my glycogen store is sucked down. B: transition back to a smaller sized stomach. C: just overall getting back on track from a headspace perspective.

I got some diabetic shakes in my last order, and I'm trying to have at least two of those a day. I like them although they're definitely less sweet than the normal shakes.

I am also going to be incorporating oatmeal and soup back into my plan in honor of the colder weather. I had the blueberry oatmeal yesterday. It wasn't bad, but I want to get a mini muffin pan and try to make muffins out of it. It tastes like it would make nice muffins.
Sarya

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal