Sarya

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby alpha femme » September 8th, 2006, 3:45 pm

i just wanted to tell you that i definitely want pics.
lots of them.
in different poses.
alpha femme
Preferred member

Postby GucciGoo » September 8th, 2006, 4:17 pm

You guys are SO bad!!!!!!
Have fun!!!!!!!!!!
BETH formerly known as Dark & Stormy
GucciGoo
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Sarya » September 8th, 2006, 10:42 pm

haha you guys are funny. NO one took my picture though! sad. and my friend had borrowed my camera so I couldn't take one myself.
I must have looked good though because all kinds of people were hitting on me.. and women were doing that marking the territory thing on their men. It was weird.

My feet are killing me. I swear each boot I had on weighed 20 pounds.
Sarya
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Sarya » September 11th, 2006, 4:57 pm

We're having an end of the summer bbq on Sunday, and I am very excited. I think I'm going to get extra meat for later in the week. I bought my roommate the bbq bible because he loves to grill (everything, esp meat. even though he is a vegetarian). So I think we're going to make a few dry rubs and then basting sauces. I need to go through the recipes and see where I might need to alter them for myself. Then I think I might make veggie kabobs so that we can get some nice grilled vegetables to go with it. mmm.

SO today was stress central at work. I did pretty abysmally at my water intake, but I stayed on plan all day. I ate later than I meant to three times though! The first two times because work was so busy and the third time because I must have forgotten my bar at work and didn't have anything else with me to make before pilates. It worked out okay though. I had a shake right after I got home then my l&g a little under two hours later. Now I'm all set until my last supplement at bedtime.
Sarya

Postby Sarya » September 12th, 2006, 11:30 am

I was sitting at my desk when suddenly my left side erupted in the worst pain imaginable. I thought I was going to die or something it hurt so bad. To make a long story short I just spent the day in the hospital passing a kidney stone. Holy hell.. I don't wish this upon anyone. The doctor tells me it's worse than childbirth which better be true or I will never ever ever consider getting pregnant. ugh. I'm so sore now but happy to report they didn't see any more so hopefully I won't go through that again anytime soon.

My diet for the day is screwed as it is now 2:30pm and all I have had today is half a can of sprite (no one understood the request for diet when I was hunched over in pain and I was in too much pain to request anything new), an oatmeal raisin bar, and a glass of water. I think I'm going to have two L&G and start over tomorrow.
Sarya

Postby kendra_m » September 12th, 2006, 1:38 pm

Ohmygosh Sarya, sounds very painful. I'm glad that it's over with and hopefully you'll be feeling 100% soon!

:hatch: Finding the new me!!
--------------
10# - 9/11/06
20# - 9/24/06
30# - 11/5/06
40# - 11/19/06
kendra_m

Postby DogMa » September 12th, 2006, 3:47 pm

I'm so sorry! I'm glad you're feeling better, though. Did they say what caused it?
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Sarya » September 12th, 2006, 3:58 pm

They'll have more to say after the stone analysis is done, but it was most likely a calcium stone. The doctor sort of disregarded anyone's opinion on what truly causes them because he doesn't think there has been enough solid research. That was interesting. There is some thought that calcium stones are caused by taking too many calcium supplements, but then some say that isn't true. And then there is this thing about it possibly being due to a high protein diet or one high in oxalates. All in all the doctor told me to drink even more liquid. I am going to float away.
Sarya

Postby Sarya » September 14th, 2006, 6:19 am

However embarrassing this is to admit I have been incapable of staying on plan since the er visit the other day. My head is not in the right place. My body has me slightly freaked out. I've sort of given myself leave to take the weekend and work out whatever issues are messing with me, but Monday is the start of a new week and a new dedication to my weight loss.

I think there are things going on in my head I'm not facing. I know there are things going on in my head that just need time.

I swallowed my tongue piercing yesterday too. Just to make things more fun. So now I have to watch both types of excrement. Isn't that joyous?

It was somewhat embarrassing to have to tell the medical personnel I was on medifast. Not because I was on it, but because of their reaction. Not _one_ of them could understand why I was on a semi liquid diet to lose weight except my attending physician. While that is a boost in one way it was weird in another. Explaining to them that you know. I've lost 50 pounds already. There is an actual reason for it. I'm not on it so I can cultivate an eating disorder or anything. And I'm not even that thin. Actually I'm still obese. But I guess I'm smaller than that size where people will nod their heads in understanding, and they instead question if you are of a healthy mind and body image.

The attending physician was nice though. He was very understanding about medifast and encouraging. He told me that there are thoughts that diets such as this can cause a higher incidence of kidney stones, but there isn't any proof. And that seeing whereas I've never had one before it can be thought it is due to mf, but he wouldn't see that as any reason to stop. As he said kidney stones can't really kill you even though they may feel like they are. They can kill a kidney, but that is if you ignore all the symptoms and let a stone block it up. I dunno.. that hurt in ways I can't even explain. I wouldn't be ignoring it if it happened again.

I just need to get back on track. I know these moments off plan are setbacks, and they slow my weightloss.. but they will continue to happen throughout my life whether I am on medifast or not. Whether I am fat or thin. Do I want to be on medifast any longer than necessary?? no. But it is what it is. I'm not going to give up. I still have just as far to go as I have already gone. I'm not done.
Sarya

Postby JeepGirl » September 14th, 2006, 7:15 am

Girl! What a few days you have had!

Sorry but the swallowing the piercing made me laugh as my best friend did that a few weeks ago and she was all bent for a few days ;)

Ack on the kidney stone and trip to the ER. I can testify that the stone is worse than childbirth. However my daughter was born totally natural within 20 mins so I may not have a good basis since the stone I had took 4 hours of the worse pain ever!

I am glad your feeling better though. I am sure once Monday comes along you will be ready to start anew!!
JeepGirl
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Serendipity » September 14th, 2006, 7:42 am

All I wanna know is, are there carbs in tongue rings?
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby Sarya » September 14th, 2006, 8:56 am

Indigestible ones I bet! UGH. I'm feeling nauseous today which has me slightly worried that the ball is caught up somewhere, but it's a smooth little ball and far smaller than a bite of steak. And I am so unwilling to go get another xray at this point.

grumble.
Sarya

Postby Serendipity » September 14th, 2006, 9:30 am

It should work itself out. I swallowed a marble when I was 3 and it came out ok.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity

Postby DogMa » September 14th, 2006, 10:40 am

Is it sharp on one end, like an earring? Can it do any damage? (Sorry, I'm a worrier.)

As for Medifast, you've taken some short breaks before, so this one shouldn't be so bad. I think taking a couple of days to get your head on straight and then going back to the plan is probably better than half-a$$ing it for weeks because you're just not mentally there.

But MAYBE it's just all the stress of the past week, and while you're on your small break, you can look at other ways to nurture yourself and recover from the stress. It'll help more than food, and it'll help in the long term, too. You probably just need a good stress release. (When I've had a lot of stuff like that happen and need to release it somehow, I sometimes rent some major chick flicks, grab a box of tissues and have a really good cry.)
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Sarya » September 14th, 2006, 10:49 am

The part I lost yesterday is a smooth ball so no sharp edges. It should be fine.

I have been watching a lot of movies and reading. sleeping.

I have pilates today so I am hoping that will help.

I was supposed to take a reiki class on Saturday but I cancelled it. I don't think that is appropriate for me right now due to the head space issues and the money issue from the hospital visit.

I may try to take a pilates class on saturday instead though.

I just need to feel more with it. and less nauseous. I've been nauseous for a couple days now. I had a head cold going into the hospital and I think it ripened from all the stress.
Sarya

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal