Sarya

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby Sarya » September 1st, 2006, 8:54 am

A couple things.

I have a lot more to lose.

Maybe I'm not cheating as often as you think or you're eating things more often than you should and don't realize it. Also keep in mind that our portions may differ in size when this occurs as well as what is in them.

For most of the time I am completely plan compliant. The days in a month I am completely compliant far far outweigh the days I am not.

I'm not sure what else to say. I look very carefully at what I eat and when I do cheat I get right back on nearly always. I have enough liquids to drink, I only have sf jello for snacks, I limit additions to my supplements and meals. How are you doing with regards to this?

Are you mostly staying on plan or mostly off of it? Only you can know that. As much as we might write in here about what's going on we don't write everything.

Is other stuff going on with you that could be affecting your weight loss? How much exercise and other movement are you getting in?
Sarya
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby VTGirlie » September 1st, 2006, 10:58 am

Sweetie, you are doing so well. Everyone has bad days. The goal here is to lose this weight and maintain it over a lifetime. Don't beat yourself up when you aren't compliant- you are usually right on track and a great encourager!

Keep your chin up, hon!

:)

Bets
Bets
235/204MFStart/182/135
"Nothing is as good as this day"
VTGirlie
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Sarya » September 1st, 2006, 4:01 pm

I have a really squishy nose. :( I wish it would stop already. I think this is my first really annoying cold since I started MF. It might even be the first one. My allergies were bad this summer, but colds... ugh!
Sarya

Postby Sarya » September 2nd, 2006, 5:49 pm

So due to being sick and feeling like a mess all day today I had a 4&2 day. Surprisingly it didn't really change anything. I guess I thought it would somehow. It's just more calories. And I feel a lot better with more solid food in me. I think I'm going to stick with this until this cold is gone. I really don't want to go off plan for being sick so if two L&G instead of one will help, I'm definitely going to try it!

And I'm not stopping pilates either. hmpf.
Sarya

Postby Sarya » September 3rd, 2006, 7:18 am

Since I'm sick (although finally improving) and felt so horrible yesterday until I added extra food (4&2) I am doing the same today. I went to the store and I got some egg beaters. Uhm yikes. I made an omelette with 1cup of egg beaters, 1 oz of cheese, and 1 cup of cooked veggies. I feel so stuffed! I also have to say that my medifast is way off on the nutrition content of egg beaters. But it's not just that, so whatever.

Anyway.. I'm noticing something with the 4&2. The only thing it adds really is more protein and calories. The 3&2 would give me about the same calorie count but with less carbs. interesting.

Anyway I feel much better doing it this way than going off plan.

When I was in the store I bought some other stuff for lean portions. cod, scallops, egg beaters, chicken (I have tons of beef). I was going to buy cottage cheese but it has 6g of carbs in a half cup! :shock: Is this true? Should I be looking for other cottage cheese? holy crap. I couldn't bring myself to buy it. But I like this egg beaters thing. I think I may try making little crustless quiches with a half cup of egg instead of a cup. that was a little too much for me.

Oh and I forgot to say I bought new jeans yesterday. My levis are rather baggy in the seat and thighs and since they are stretch jeans that feels awful weird sometimes. I bought these jeans from target called mossimo premium or something. Wow are they ever nice. They are a very smooth soft weave and have a nice drape. That's what I don't like about the levi's. When they were not loose they looked fine, but now they have like no drape. They're stiff that way. The mossimo drape nice and are flattering. The waist and hip area is snug but not uncomfortably so. I didn't change sizes this time just brand and style. I know I probably should have waited but I couldn't help myself. It's getting colder now, and I just can't keep wearing my capri pants to work.
Sarya

Postby Sarya » September 3rd, 2006, 9:33 am

On May 5, 2006 I weighed 238 pounds.
upper arms 14.5 inches
chest 50 inches
waist 45 inches
hips 49
thighs 25

Today, September 3, 2006 I weigh 192.5 pounds
upper arms 12.8 inches
chest 44.5 inches
waist 37 inches
hips 41.5 inches
thighs 20 inches

Overall losses
weight -45.5 pounds
upper arms -1.7 inches
chest -5.5 inches
waist -8 inches
hips -7.5 inches
thighs -5 inches
Sarya

Postby SharonR » September 3rd, 2006, 9:46 am

holy hedgehog! Those measurements are amazing, good for you, you are doing awesome!
SharonR
Preferred member

Postby Sarya » September 3rd, 2006, 10:21 am

I think I've lost almost an inch off my arms, an inch off my waist, and an inch off my hips since I started pilates. I know that's not all pilates, but I also know it is some of it. yay pilates! My next class is tuesday night. I only have two classes this upcoming week (t-th) because that other instructor is teaching the saturday classes.
Sarya

Postby Sarya » September 4th, 2006, 7:52 am

I was getting rid of more clothes today while I cleaned. All of my post marriage suits were too large and got tossed. My pretty fitted suit from my wedding shower in 1996 fit, but the pants were way too baggy. tossed. My fitted tux from early college (1992) fits nicely. It got to stay. YAY ME.
Sarya

Postby Elizabeth » September 4th, 2006, 8:04 am

You're doing great Sarya! Thanks for sharing your progress with us.
Elizabeth

Postby Sarya » September 5th, 2006, 8:04 am

I am worried that I am shooting myself in the foot with my eating schedule tonight.

See this is how it usually works:
8:30am shake
11am shake
2pm bar
4:30pm shake
6:30pm l&g
9:30pm pudding

But I have pilates from 6-7 tonight so I only brought three MF meals to work.

I was going to do:
8:45am RTD
11:30am shake
2:30pm bar
5:15pm (I hope) L&G
7:30 - 8pm shake
10pm pudding

The thing I'm worried about is managing to get home in time to cook my L&G and eat before pilates. I think that if this eating schedule works acceptably I'll make my L&G the night before next time. If I make a salad with grilled chicken I should be able to get it all together and then just mix and eat the next day.

I'm also worried about being too full for pilates. I hope this won't be the case. I'd rather be full than hungry though or I might not be able to exercise well.

I have on my new pants today. I love them. whee. I showed some far away friends before and lastmonth pictures yesterday. They were surprised by the changes. go me.
Sarya

Postby Sarya » September 5th, 2006, 9:52 am

I don't know why I'm talking about this here other than I don't have anywhere else to talk about it. There was a request on the main mf boards for a board geared towards alternative sexualities. I ignored it because frankly I think they went insane with the number of boards and because more than once I've been offended by some of the things people over there say to each other. I still read the boards because they have interesting information.

Anyway.. the topic got out of hand. People going back and forth saying it was unneccesary and what did it have to do with weightloss. (People who don't even have the experience to back up whether or not having a largely unaccepted sexuality affects weight loss) The admins never once responded. Perhaps they don't see the offense that gays, bis, etc saw, but I did finally respond and I think I managed to piss the admin off.

But you know.. when you have a sensitive topic on your moderated boards, and you've let people with no experience in the issue tell people with experience that their feelings are invalid perhaps you should at least respond once with your position.

I dunno. Maybe I took it wrong, but you know if a thread is generating high emotions on both sides and it is a thread specifically looking for admin input: the admin should indeed input.

I'm glad we don't have that problem here. For the most part everyone seems to play nice.

I just hate being reminded that many of my life's choices make me a second class citizen, and it's okay to act like I am. It's just so frustrating sometimes and one of the main reasons why I keep my mouth shut about it.
Sarya

Postby GucciGoo » September 5th, 2006, 9:58 am

I was on a pregnancy forum and was really offended about a thread in there. It was about Christianity and why people who don't believe in Jesus are going to hell. Everyone was saying that they were proud to be Christians because they knew "their" religion was the "right" religion and they know they are safe from hell, unlike the rest of us.

So I guess us Jews are going to hell? I thought that was so inappropriate. And the mods all thought it was "enlightening".
BETH formerly known as Dark & Stormy
GucciGoo

Postby Sarya » September 5th, 2006, 10:06 am

Yeah I'm a very live and let live kind of person.

It is my belief that as individuals we each have to forge our own paths in life. That means that we may make choices other people disapprove of or think is wrong. I don't think anyone else has the right to pass judgement on another person. Even assuming these choices are not outright criminal or abusive to others I don't think anyone else has the right to tell someone they are wrong or bad. In the case of criminal or abusive action it's okay to say the action or whatever is bad, but never the person. Don't invalidate the person. And if someone's choices are not the same as yours but they do no harm leave that person to live their life. Don't get on your high horse and tell them they are going to hell. That's your reality, not theirs. I think it is a matter of respect. Everyone should be accorded a certain amount of respect just because they Are. Isn't that what human rights is supposed to be about at the very base level?
Sarya

Postby DogMa » September 5th, 2006, 10:28 am

OK, I'm going to not say anything here, because last time I got in some trouble over the whole religion thing. But I'm right there with you guys. Sigh.

As for the rest, it's too late now probably, but maybe move your lean and green to a different time on Pilates days and have a Medi-meal beforehand instead? That way you have some calories to work with, but you're not too full.

And Egg Beaters are fabulous, aren't there? So much food and so few calories and fat. Definitely a lot of bang for your buck. (Of course, they're causing me trouble lately because they have so FEW calories. Sigh. Still, I've always liked 'em.)

Oh, and great job on the stats. You're doing really well!!!!
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal