Preparing to start Nov. 6th

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Preparing to start Nov. 6th

Postby gr8views » October 30th, 2004, 5:07 pm

Hello All!

I've been lurking for a couple of weeks after having had a conversation with my doctor... I've place my order and am waiting to start. (November 6th is the day! I'm taking a week of vacation and will muddle through the first 3-5 days at home. I don't want to have any of the possible emotional effects of starting the diet made apparent to my coworkers! :? )

I turned 40 this year. This is the most I've ever weighed. I'm 5'5" and have been over 200 for 6-8 years now. I am just sick of it. I don't know what my starting weight is (will know in a week), but has to be right around 250 since being weighed at my dr's a week or so ago with clothes on!

My life revolves around my job. I'm also working on making changes there, and may find a new job early next year. I am married with 3 dogs, not kids... We live in a very beautiful place, hence my name - gr8views! We live outside of Santa Fe, NM at about 6700 feet above sea level. We get snow, but it doesn't stay long. (In other words, we get all the seasons.)

I thought when we moved here that I would take care of myself and start hiking in the mountains around Santa Fe. I have yet to do that 5 years after moving from Minnesota. My goal is that I will lose 90 pounds (uff da!) while I become a hiker and an athlete again. I once was athletic; I hope it's not too late!

That's my long intro. I'm very impressed by the LOSERS here - one of the reasons I decided to jump in... I know that I have to do this. I need to stick with this and hope your support will help me. I'll do my best to support others as well.

Diane
Start Date: November 6, 2004

246/233/146??

Good choices = Progress!!
gr8views
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby susan » October 30th, 2004, 7:39 pm

diana,
you have come to the right place and it is not to late you can take the wt.off and you can get all the support to go along with it.this is a great bunch of people welcome aboard the train to thinville.
susan
I am not a quiter I will hang in there tillI get to goal with the good lords help
susan
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Nancy » October 30th, 2004, 8:20 pm

Welcome to the family, Diane ~

You can easily get to your goal IF ya follow your by-line: Good Choices = Progress

It's neat that you have set yourself up for the first week of establishing a new eating plan by taking some time off from your hectic work schedule.

I think that you'll find that the convenience of Medifast makes it really nice for busy people. One thing to caution you about, because it takes relatively NO time to prepare your Medifast meals, be sure to take your breaks at work! I know that I found that since I had my foods already prepared and in the refer in my office that I often worked through my lunch hour and didn't take my break - the college benefitted greatly - they gained extra time from me as I lost my flabbage!

Santa Fe sounds like a lovely place to live. I'm sure that you will feel like taking those hikes when you lose some weight. I weighed a bit more than you when I first started Medifasting and when I got down to 199, I felt terrific! First it was such a rush to be below 200 pounds - that in itself made me float on air! I huffed and puffed far less. Now that I am thinner yet, I can really hike and keep up with the younger people. Soon, Diane, the great views you have now will be able to be enjoyed up close and personal!

It's nice to meet you. Prepare now by increasing your :water: water intake.

We'll enjoy reading about your progress and receiving encouragement from you, too! :stroll:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby LongWay2go » October 31st, 2004, 9:50 am

Hi Diane!

Welcome, welcome! So glad you decided to quit lurking and join us here! I did the same thing, doncha know! I lurked for about a month before jumping in with both feet and I can tell you straight up that this has changed my life, and it can yours too!

Keep "tuned in" and let us know how you're doing. It will help you a lot, especially at first, to post every day and give us your honest feelings and problems. We can help - we've ALL been there!

~Spidey
08/06/2004
on hiatus until "Vic the Vac" goes away!

WARNING: Don't try this at home, kids...
Euphoria may result!
Is this fun, or WHAT?!?
LongWay2go
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Return to Come on in.