Sunday 1pm, 6th feb

Join our weekly (Sunday) weigh in.

Postby jene115 » February 6th, 2005, 11:08 am

Way to go folks! Nice to see everyone is on the losing side! Whether 1/2 pound, 5 pounds, 15 pounds, the point is clothes are getting looser, inches are being lost and health is being gained.

I didn't weigh today because tomorrow is my true start. I will weigh tomorrow morning and post it in here as my start weight, then only on Sundays from here on out. I tend to be a scale leech and I want to stop my addiction to it as well. I really don't let it bother me, but really now, isn't once a week enough when you are losing? :roll: Maintenance is another story, at least I feel that way.
Jen
03/01/08
"I'm stronger than my cravings!"
jene115
Preferred member

Postby bk » February 6th, 2005, 11:57 am

Hey 24K - after a dip downwards, my weight is stuck again too. Let's both hang in there and just keep the faith. It's going downwards, just not zippity zip zip like the first week.

And everyone should compare pictures of now vs. a month or two ago. I sent my cousin a picture of me at xmas and one that I took with my cellphone two days ago. Her response was "HOLY S---!" Although *I* have felt my WL was slow every week but the first one, it's definitely slipping right off. If you need a confidence/motivation boost, it's a good way to get it!

My other big news: I got a job! It's not permanent employment, but contract work for a month or two. I am looking forward to the commute & traipsing about downtown - without a job, there's no reason to leave my neighborhood, but a change of scenery will be awful nice. So will the cash! And the extra activity. I am already making my plan - get some of my water & a shake in before I leave, take RTDs and a bar with me, and of course my trusty water bottle.

Everyone congratulations on all your amazing successes this week! Shake away!

and oh yeah, GO PATS!

bk

p.s. i'd love to hear of the rewards that everyone is getting themselves. i love to shop, so i've been trying to think carefully about some rewards for myself!
bk
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Mrsshrinkinglady » February 6th, 2005, 12:20 pm

BK,
Taking photo's often is a great idea, so that you see yourself as you lose pounds and inches!
I hated to have my photo taken before MF and really had not let anyone take a photo of me until my birthday last week and I was AMAZED at how different I really look :D Great motivator!!
My reward for being on program to start out with was an Italian Charm
bracelet, and every week I lost I bought myself a charm or two.
It is VERY full now and I have moved on to hitting the sale racks( in the Misses sizes thank you ;) ) and buying myself a top or two and I refuse to spend more than $5 on them! It has not only been fun and helped my wardrobe to fit my new body size but it is PURE joy to not have to go to the Plus Size department anymore!!
I must admit I am also buying necklaces more often as I actually have
a prettier neck and collar bones to show them off now.
Just some ideas that aren't major expenses but LOTS of fun!
Shrink aka Mary
Mrsshrinkinglady
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby BerkshireGrl » February 6th, 2005, 1:00 pm

Wow, have not been here is what seems like ages... Guess the last time was January 2nd at 194! :oops:

Today I'm checking in at 196.

I have been half-off/half-on for a couple months but I am placing my MF reorder tomorrow night! Time to get this done!

:cheers: Congratulations to all your awesome losers! (Yes a half pound counts! Stay true! More weight is soon to follow!)
BerkshireGrl
Preferred member

Postby sister » February 6th, 2005, 1:15 pm

Hello everyone!

I don't post very often but I am always reading - you guys keep me going! There is something (usually more than one thing) here everyday that keeps me on track and inspired and motivated.

After last week's half a pound, I was a little worried but this week I lost 8 pounds. That's 23 total and tomorrow marks 1 month of MFing. I am super duper happy :yay: !!!

Thanks to everyone for all you do!!

Sherri
sister
Trusted Member - #60 Club

Postby Triskets » February 6th, 2005, 1:15 pm

24KaratGold - You mentioned "I had four gherkin pickles instead of two".
Those gherkins have a lot of sugar in them. I think the plan calls for dill pickles that have a ton of salt but no sugar. Could the extra sugar have something to do with your weight loss?
Just a thought.
Keep on shakin - please don't let a slower weight loss discourage you from staying on the program!!!
Trish
Pound by pound my weight is coming down!
Start over 2/9/2008
268/252
Triskets
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Andi » February 6th, 2005, 1:54 pm

Hi...Congrats on the weight loss this week :yes: ..This is my second day but I wanted to go ahead and join the roll call..I have lost 2lbs. and counting :yay: :yay: :yay: ...((Hugs))..Andi
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
Start: 02/05/05
1st Goal 10# club
256.5/247.5/128
Andi

Postby 24KaratGold » February 6th, 2005, 3:11 pm

Triskets wrote:24KaratGold - You mentioned "I had four gherkin pickles instead of two".
Those gherkins have a lot of sugar in them. I think the plan calls for dill pickles that have a ton of salt but no sugar. Could the extra sugar have something to do with your weight loss?
Just a thought.
Keep on shakin - please don't let a slower weight loss discourage you from staying on the program!!!
INo, that wasn't it. These are the ones made with Splenda. One and a half of them has zero calories and one carb, according to the label on the jar.

I am taking heart from sister's post, and hope that next week I have a big loss to report! I WILL stay compliant this week.
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby itsgonnaworkthistime » February 6th, 2005, 4:28 pm

24k,
I am in the same boat as you. I haven't moved much in the last 2 weeks. I am reporting a 2 pound loss for this week, so that makes 21 pounds in just 2 days shy of a month...

Unca, please move me up to the 20# club!!!! :mrgreen:

I am hoping next week will be more "profitable" for both of us. Hang in there I know exactly how you feel.

Congratulations to everyone else too. MF is awesome!

Maura
Start Date: 1/2/2007
itsgonnaworkthistime
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Me again...Hey Triskets

Postby Judy » February 6th, 2005, 5:16 pm

Trying to get that ticker ticking on mine but I can't seem to get it.. Help :x or maybe it will this time.. last post just left the URL.. WOW I just had enough brains to preview it and it works...Now do you have to go there each week to update it :?:
Judy
Regular Member - #80 Club

Postby Nancy » February 6th, 2005, 5:30 pm

Oh, wowser!

You are all doing very well. I know that you all want to be BIG losers every week - remember the average weight loss is 2-5 pounds per week. Even if you are totally program compliant, drink all your water, eat all of your meals on time and begin exercising progressively at the end of the first month, some of you will lose 2 pounds, some may go up a slight bit and some may lose 7 pounds. We just must remain focused, don't even think of stepping off the train to Thinsvlle and do what's right with all your might day in and day out - we'll reach the prize in the end if we do!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Triskets » February 6th, 2005, 5:41 pm

24KaratGold -

I had no idea you can buy pickles sweetened with Splenda! Cool!
I won't buy any while I'm on the liquid only phase of my weight loss. For me, eating something sweet would trigger a binge and I DON"T wanna go there!
Trish
Pound by pound my weight is coming down!
Start over 2/9/2008
268/252
Triskets
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Betta late than neva

Postby Joan Roman » February 6th, 2005, 5:51 pm

Finally getting a chance to post! I'm down 2 pounds this week. Doesn't seem like much. However, I've shrunk outa my favorite jeans. My girlfriends told me "Don't wear those jeans again" So, I'm excited about that....and one of them gave me a few pairs of nice jeans she out grew. I feel a big difference so that is what is most important to me. So I'm gonna shake on! ;)

Joan
Joan Roman
Trusted Member

Postby Nancy » February 6th, 2005, 6:39 pm

:lol: Happy for ya! :grin:

Too bad, :tears: so sad that your friend can't wear those new jeans anymore....

:scratch: you can give them back to her in a few weeks when they are too baggy for ya or put them in the MakeMeThinner Swap 'n Shop closet and pass them on to some one else http://www.makemethinner.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1311
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby monkeymom » February 6th, 2005, 8:12 pm

I did weigh this morning, but between church, being a "shoulder" for a friend and studying, I haven't had a chance to post.
Congrats to everyone, it's been a great week it seems. To those who are having a bit of a lag, I'm sure you'll make up for it in a week or two and you'll be "walkin on sunshine".
Me, yesterday was the end of my first week, but I weighed today and will continue on Sundays. 8 days and 8 pounds down.

I wish I had time to post more on here, but with school going now I'll be doing a bit of reading (because the support and advice is so great), and Sunday roll call for sure, probably not much more. Oh the joys of college.

Have a great week everyone!!

Vicki
Vicki
255 - 1/29/08
monkeymom
Preferred Member - #10 Club

PreviousNext

Return to Roll Call