Preparing to start after easter brunch on monday :O)

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Preparing to start after easter brunch on monday :O)

Postby margeob » April 10th, 2004, 1:38 pm

Just received my 2 week starter kit and am confused as to what I should take. I cannot survive just on shakes ..need something to chew...any advice would be appreciated very much.

I am 61 after having 3 total hip replacements in the past 4 years, staph infections, bad prosthesis, spinal fracture, etc. and weigh 200 pounds. would like to lose 50 pounds by december when I have to return to the hospital for another hip revision.

I do work out with a personal trainer twice a week with weights and walk an hour a day, every other day on a treadmill so my bodyfat is 31.5

I could use all the help I can get.

thanks in advance

Happy easter to all :lol: :lol: :lol:
margeob

Postby Landylue » April 10th, 2004, 3:48 pm

Hello, Marge, welcome to the forum! I'm afraid I don't have a clue what's in the starter kit, so I'm going to let someone else tackle your question, but I did want to assure you that you've definitely come to the right place to lose that weight before December. You'll find all the support you need right here.

Have a beautiful Easter, and let us hear from you on Monday!

Landylue
Failure is NOT an option!
Landylue
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Jeanette » April 11th, 2004, 8:50 am

Hi Marge. I don't know what's in it either.

I should ask: Have you talked to your doctor to make sure it is okay to be on Medifast? With your age and past medical history, it wouldnt hurt to get his/her approval and to be monitored.

You might want to consider doing the modified plan--five supplements and a lean and green meal. "Lean and greens" can be a salad with chicken breast or tuna. Go to the homepage of this website for more information.

Best of luck!
Jeanette :star:
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby pinkgeek » April 11th, 2004, 2:15 pm

Marge:

Welcome to the group! I bought the 30 day starter kit and I work my plan this way: 2 shakes in a row, a bar, a soup, and a shake to end the day. For chewing, I believe you can have up to 3 stalks of celery a day, and 2 pickles. You can also have 2c of bouillon. The bouillon and pickles have really helpd me b/c I crave salt now that I'm on the plan. Remember to drink tons of water...I find it necessary to drink over a gallon a day to feel my best. And please take Jeanette's wise advice of making sure your doctor has cleared you for take off! Good luck and let us know how you are doing!
~Angela

Start date: 3/21/04
195.5/159.5/115
After a week off: Restart 6/7/04
164/154.4/115
pinkgeek
Trusted Member - #40 Club

Newbie thanks to all

Postby marge » April 11th, 2004, 3:54 pm

I thanks for all the encouragement from you guys because I know I am going to need it.
No I have not asked my doctor about Medifast because I know what her answer would be..not to go on any of "these crazy diets" as I knoe better..just lower calorie intake....believe me I dont think I will be able to stay on it for long...I think I will miss my fruits and veggies too much..that is why I could never go on a Atkins or southbeach diet...I actually never had to diet until I started my hip surgeries because I was not able to be as active as I have been all my life....

My health is great besides the physical part of my body..no high blood pressure, great choesterol, etc. etc.

I think I will stick with the one lean meal a day

thanks again

I am actually worried about tomorrow morning when I start :|
marge
Preferred member

Postby kimay » April 11th, 2004, 4:16 pm

Hi Marge!
Congrats on starting the program. I've been on it for 3 weeks now. I too have some physical problems concerning my neck and what have you and haven't discussed it with my doctor either, because same reasons, no high blood pressure, cholesterol, etc.
What I do know about what you were asking about is the exercise part. You are not supposed to do any physical exercise until week 3 or 4, when your body has adjusted itself to the nutritional part of Medifast. I bought the book called Success In a Jar and it contains wonderful information such as this.
Even if you just do it for two weeks it will definitely give you a good start. I lost 10 pounds the first week, but I do just the shakes.
Good luck!
Kim
kimay

exercise

Postby marge » April 11th, 2004, 4:26 pm

Thanks Kimay for your support...the exercise is going to be very hard not to do..its a way of life for me..even though I wear a 16 I am very firm not flabby from working out with weights and machines and walking 15 miles a week but I will go easy ..I image I will have to since I probaby wont have any energy with such a low calorie diet..dont know ..will have to wait and see...now I am getting excited...yippeee
marge
Preferred member

Return to Come on in.