6-0 plan

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

6-0 plan

Postby guest » October 31st, 2007, 11:26 am

I am considering doing the 6 and O plan rather than 5 and 1.

Will the results be better? What has everyone's experience been...i.e. approx weight loss each week, adjusting to no food, etc.

Thanks!

Lee

Postby Mike » October 31st, 2007, 11:36 am

The results haven't proven to be increased or decreased in studies done. Doing the 6-0 does require that you are under the strict care of a doctor and you are checking with them more regularly than someone on the 5+1.
The other issue is that some folks have to watch the carb intake when doing 6 medimeals (depending on the meal), whereas with the 5+1 its not as much of an issue.
Too many carbs can keep you out of the fat burning state.

I recommend the 5+1 also for various other reasons, the main one being that the intention of the 5+1 is that you are learning to deal with cooking healthy meals while you lose weight rather than just avoiding that and then trying to learn how to maintain the loss once you reach goal. that is the beauty of this program.

Let us know what you decide and also, make sure you register on the site so you can use the other areas.

:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Out*With*The*Old » November 1st, 2007, 6:07 am

Mike wrote:Too many carbs can keep you out of the fat burning state.
:mrgreen:

Mike is RIGHT ON here and its awesome you know to look out for this. I happen to be one of those folks who can't do too many carbs and still lose. I LOVE the 6&0 cause I personally found the L&G to be too filling. I feel better when I dont have a lot of heavy food (or a lot of volume) in my belly. So, anyway, it wasnt hard at all for me to replace the real meal.....for others it is. I am tired of having a love affair with my food and am taking the approach that food is fuel, nothing more or less. With that attitude, it really doesnt matter what I eat (well, within reason, lol). Other than needing to lose weight, I am in perfect health. My labs, heart, etc are all good. I just need to lose the poundage before I have health issues to deal with too.

So, anyway, watch out for the carbs if you do the 6&0. I learned this the hard way. Now that I know though, I am losing and losing really well.

Good luck with the plan whichever road you take. And you know, really since the weight loss is almost the same you might start out trying the 5&1 and see how you like it. That's how I started - - you'll just need to be aware and take one day at a time and make changes as needed. :)

Good luck - hope you stick around and play with us!

:wave:
Out*With*The*Old
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Mickeyz » November 1st, 2007, 8:43 am

I have done both the 6/0 and the 5/1. I didn't find any significant difference in weight loss.

I personally prefer the 5/1. It is nice to have a meal everyday and gives a bit more flexibility to be able to dine with friends and family. On several occassions I have been able to eat out and stay in plan guidelines. I love having my L&G everyday.

Now that I am only 1 lb from goal :D I will continue to eat the L&G way and I feel like the transistion will be easier.

Heed the words of others about carbs. I also found it was easy to get too many carbs. Everyone is different, but you'll soon discover what works best for you.

Register on this site so you have access to all the info.

Good luck on your weight loss journey!
Reached Goal Nov 2007 61.5 lbs lost
Gained 11 lbs in Mexico 3/08, decided to lose that along with another 5 lbs!
Mickeyz
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Return to Come on in.