Five and 1 plan

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Five and 1 plan

Postby Claudia » July 7th, 2005, 5:35 am

Hi everyone. First of all, thank you for your support. It means alot. I have a question for anyone that lost alot of weight on the Medifast 5 and 1 plan. Was the weight loss consistent, and was it easier to tolerate than the full fast? Tried the full fast, but can't seem to stick to it. Am afraid to try the 5 and 1, don't think I'll lose as quickly, and think I'll get carried away once I start incorporating food into the plan. Any advice?
Claudia

Postby martha » July 7th, 2005, 5:58 am

Claudia--

Welcome..I do the 5 and 1 somedays and the full fast some days..I like the 5and 1 because you actually get to eat when everyone around you is eating(especially at Sun. dinner)and when I have to do all the cooking it lets me know that I too will be sitting down with the family.. when I do the 5 and 1 I don't because everyone has comments to make about me not eating and how I am going to get sickand on and on and on.. It allows me to go out ot eat with my hubby when he is home(tugboat capt,) and that is very important to me.. He does the 5and 1 also.. he lost his weight (42#) in 1.5 months..
I have been on this program for about 2.5 months and to date have lost about 54#.. I think that's fast enough considering I get to eat and all each day.. different people lose at different rates..it depends on your body and your lifestyle(MY thoughts)I actually have a hard time drinking all of my shakes when I do the 5 and 1 plan.. I am so full on it.. and I can't say I haven't wanted to eat all the good things that are around here especially whenever I do all the cookingBUT it's not worth it to me (and I have a hugh pair of jeans out in my room to remind me of where I have been and where I do not want to go again.) :mrgreen: .There are a bunch of great people on this forum who will be chiming in soon to help you better as I am kinda new too and they are all GREAT and really care.. I wish you success in whichever plan you decide to do.. you already have taken the 1st step by asking and trying to figure out the best way to achieve your goal..Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Terri » July 7th, 2005, 6:38 am

Hi Claudia
"Here's me story and I am sticking to it" :lol:
Two years ago when I started Medifast I did the full fast - and thought that was the "only" way to go - (it was before they strongly urged the 5 and 1)
After about 18 months we were going to the Bahamas and I wanted to lose those last 5-8 lbs went on the full fast just two weeks before vacation. Opppppps didn't transition off, I thought I could stay on the program while vacationing.
Ok so back came on the weight. Started again in February to drop it - with a other life things - stopped without transitioning. bad Terri bad Terri. Ok so in April got recommitted to do it right - I know that on off on off is not good for my body.
Lost it all and now have gone completely through transition.
I enjoyed doing the 5 and 1 more, because it gave me flexibility. I am such a social bug, that I didn't feel I had to miss out of anything. Also transition was easy, I had been putting "real food" into my body all along. And the weight came off just as quick - I was careful to keep my calories under 800.
Wow this is such a great program
- David and Terri Miller

Terri
Regular Member - #30 Club

Postby Nancy » July 7th, 2005, 12:49 pm

Welcome to you, Claudia ~

Your question is not unlike that of many others who are considering our Take Shape for Life 5 and 1 Program. Most people who desire to lose weight and improve their health want to do so as quickly as possible ONCE THEY MAKE A DECISION to do it. There are many weight loss programs, companies and gimmicks on the market today.

Medifast products have been safely used for nearly 25 years now. Initially Medifast was used by physicians in clinics or hospital settings and primarily for people who were obese or morbidly obese. With Dr. Andersen’s desire to prevent health complications due to obesity and the advent of Take Shape for Life, we are able to offer custom designed programs for individuals who need or want to lose a little or a lot of weight.

All people who desire to make changes to their health, to their eating routines/habits and their exercise experiences are urged to check with their doctor or health professional before doing so.

With that said, the 5 and 1 Program has been shown to be an excellent choice for most people who wish to lose a few pounds or a big load. We have a customer who has lost 150 pounds on the 5 and 1 Program.

People who follow the program guidelines – who consistently eat all 5 of the Medifast meal replacement products on time – spread out every three hours, who drink 8 + glasses of water a day, who measure their meat and vegetable servings will have consistent weight loss results. As I always told our daughter and the students in my classrooms, “The happy way is to obey; cheaters never prosper.”

One of the nice things about using the Take Shape For Life Programs – either the Complete Meal Replacement Program or the 5 and 1, they both work. The former must be done under the strict supervision of a physician. For those busy days when preparing a healthy Lean and Green meal is not practical or you are unable to do so then you may use 6/0 Medifast products – it is possible to switch back and forth.

Whether you and your doctor select the Complete Meal Replacement Program or you choose the 5 and 1 Program, both require a person to go through the transition program. Weight loss is merely the first phase of reaching optimal health; transition is the second phase and maintenance is the third phase. You know what happens to a three-legged stool when one leg is removed…why would a weary person ever consider sitting down to relax in a chair with a missing leg?

Therefore, a person who is truly serious about losing weight and KEEPING the flab off, a person who wants to be healthy for life – not just healthy and at a decent weight for a one-time only special event such as a wedding or a reunion – a person who wants to get healthy and remain healthy needs to approach this at all three phases: the weight loss phase, the transition phase and the maintenance phase.

Whichever program you select Claudia will help to get you to phase 2. Your success and the speed at which you reach your goal weight totally depends upon you – if you follow the guidelines for the 5 and 1 Program to the very best of your ability, you will safely reach your goal weight. Remember, the average weight loss for women is 2-5 pounds per week – there are no weight loss programs with our track record – believe me, I would have discovered them years ago!

Best wishes for your thinnin’ success!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Return to Weight Loss