I need a new plan!

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

I need a new plan!

Postby sidrah » January 16th, 2006, 12:35 am

Here's the deal...I have a lot of trouble fitting things in every 2-3 hours. Let me explain a little and beg for some advice. I currently leave in the AM around 6:30 and can drink something on the way in to work.

When I get to school, I have kids until noon, have a half hour break, sorta, then have kids until 345. So, I wake up at 6, and try to drink a tea or shake on the drive in. I get to school around 730 and start the day, but I honestly do not stop until noon when the kids (most of them) leave for lunch. I have a problem heating up soups or oatmeal in front of them or even drinking a shake or tea namely because I do not allow them to eat in the room, so I would never do what I ask them not to. I also woud not whip out my hot water boiler thing during class.

I have been trying to have a bar around 930 when the bell rings, but even that there is no way I can spread it out over 15 minutes. Bells are 5 minutes. and I am technically in the hall during that time. I feel bad sneaking it in when the kids are working. Water is no big deal; I drink gallons a day.

At noon, I have whatever with no problem. Then, at 345, I am okay with whatever. I have kids till 530, but that is after school tutoring, so I don't mind eating oatmeal or whatever, then. The kids have snacks, so I am not as hard on them after school. It is jsut during the day that I do not let them.

My revised plan, I think will be to have:

1-a drink in the AM (hot or a SHAKE) 7 am
2- bar or cookies made from oatmeal 930
3- lunch 1200
4- cookies 345
5- dinner at home 630 (meal or replacement)
6- something at night 9ish

Does that seem unreasonable. I almost want to eat only oatmeal. I could do that all day instead of the shakes or any of the soups. The soups are okay when not too much H2O is added in, but it seems like hardly anything to sustain me for a few hours. So, I add extra water or and end up not liking it much. I am going to work on playing with a cookie recipe from here that will be okay to pack and not be dry or stale later on.

So, does that seem like the meals are spread okay? Keep in mind, I am drinking water adn usually bring in a jello for lunch or after school to go with the snack. I don't do broth in school, but do at night.
sidrah
Preferred member

Postby Serendipity » January 16th, 2006, 6:08 am

Sidrah,

You may want to consider the RTD shakes. They are 8 oz. and don't take long to drink. I grab one when I'm on the go.

Another thought......if you're with the kids all of that time, what happens when you have to go to the BR? You must have a plan for that, so when you head out to the BR, you could grab a shake and go, lol. Just a thought.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby Susynne » January 16th, 2006, 10:13 am

Wow, that makes me think.... :scratch:
I used to work in the elementary school system and very often watched teachers and staff drink coffee at their desks while the kids were working. If some one commented one would say they were welcome to have water, another would explain that she worked during lunch and had her 'coffee' in stead, yet another explained it was doctors orders only she didn't want to leave them to go to the nurses office like they did. In each case they accepted it, and unless it filled the room with fragrance of a mouth watering type I never saw where it was a problem. Maybe a soup in a thermos to drink, or a shake the same way...just kept cold. I fully understand not wanting to partake of what they aren't allowed, but you ARE the teacher and not the pupil.

Wouldn't it be nice to have, on those occasions when we just don't have the opportunity to eat or drink, a supplement -'vitamin style?'- to just pop with some water. Seems to defeat the purpose of wanting to keep from getting hungry, but some of us just need to lose weight and still have times of day when we are used to going without. Hmmmm, that helped cause the problem to begin with, didn't it? :scratchhead:

The fact that you are thinking about it means you are making a concentrated effort, and thus you will be SUCCESSFUL! :cheermed:
I don't know if I was any help, but you do sound like you have a good plan and am making a valiant effort, it's going to work and you are going to LOSE!

-----(By the way, more power to you, I don't think those who work in schools get enough credit for the incredible jobs they do and efforts they make. :bravo: Please note I USED to work in the school system. My husband asked me to please quit when I was ALWAYS coming home emotionally exhausted or sick from all the colds and bugs. So, THANK YOU!, for all the times someone else forgets to say it. ;) )-----
Susynne
:rose: :rose: :rose:
Grateful starving artist........

Susynne
Trusted Member - #20 Club

Postby DogMa » January 16th, 2006, 12:57 pm

I was going to suggest the RTDs, too. They're very quick and easy, and you could probably down one between classes with hardly anyone even noticing.

Or can you do the fruit punch or one of those drinks and just sip during class?
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby sidrah » January 16th, 2006, 1:17 pm

Thanks for the ideas! I thought of the RTD shakes, but can't justify the cost...sorry; I am poor.

I can sit and drink a soup or something during the day, but to be onest, prefer them hot and truth be told, you get stuff caught in your teeth sometimes, ya know...agggghh. I realize I can sit and have something to drink, but I would rather enjoy it. I am going to throw some ideas around, but I agree I will be just fine.
I am lucky that today is no school, so I can start the week off okay with set times. We shall see...
sidrah
Preferred member

MF at school

Postby guest » January 16th, 2006, 1:33 pm

Hi Sidrah,

On thing I do since I'm at school all day too is fill two of the MF shakers with a few ice cubes. Then at recess, most of the ice has melted and I just add MF shake and water. The small ice cubes help shake up the powder and make the shakes super cold the way I like them (I prefer blended with tons of ice, but I do the best I can :lol: ) I simply excuse myself to the bathroom if need be, I quickly while the kids are recess, shake and drink. It may not be the best solution, but it works, and I notice when I "forget" the shake during the morning or afternoon, I start to crave junk food to get me through the day. We gotta' do, what we gotta' do.
Good luck, hope this helps a little.

Postby Dayna » January 16th, 2006, 9:46 pm

Sidrah,

As a fellow teacher, I would encourage you not to feel bad about eating/drinking something at your desk while the students are working, despite your "no snack" policy. I guarantee, if you had a student that needed to eat on a schedule for medical reasons (blood sugar issues, for example), or even if they were on a doctor-required diet, they would be allowed to do so. At least, our school policy would certainly allow that. You're not "snacking," you're following a dietary plan that requires you to eat at specific intervals. At least, that's my two cents.
Someone once wrote:I'm allergic to cake. I break out in fat when I eat it.

8/05 - 275
SD - 1/17/06 - 259

Dayna
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby sidrah » January 17th, 2006, 9:02 pm

Two more good ideas. I will be fine. I just am not one of th teahers that sit the whole time while kids work. I try to do something interactive and circulate during the class, so I really don't take the time to sit and concentrate on shakes. I have made baggies of oatmeal cookies and I can pop those during class with some water, so I have been fine. Of course I make exceptions with some kids, who wouldn't. I have a room of special needs kdis, so I know all about that. I jsut don't consider me getting in a pack of oatmeal all that important that it is worth the hassle.

Thanks for the suggestions :o
sidrah
Preferred member

Return to The Weight Room