I placed my first order today

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

I placed my first order today

Postby allie » July 21st, 2006, 2:27 pm

Hello everyone,
I have been reading some of the posts and encouragements, and am glad to say that I placed my first order today. I know that it wont come for about a week, but i was wondering,

Is there anything I can do to get ready? What should I stock up on, and what should I get rid of?
allie

Postby Prancer » July 21st, 2006, 2:42 pm

You would be surprised, mine came very fast.

I didnt do anything to get ready except enjoy some old favorites. After I started I found I went out and stocked up on splenda, some spices, cooking spray etc. I also bought a magic bullet.
Prancer
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby sidrah » July 21st, 2006, 4:08 pm

If you are going shopping, I would stock up on frozen and/or canned vegetables. It is easy to run out and be left in a lurch by fresh only. I think it makes it so much easier knowing I have frozen or canned and don't have to worry about running out to get anything last minute.

I have been having a lot of chicken and brocolli and mushrooms lately. Knowing they're all there-somewhere- helps a lot. I think I may move onto green beans for a while, though, and ditto with canned. When I have the money I buy enough and I can sometimes not go shopping for a month when I have enough frozen chicken and fish, plus the tuna, of course.

Otherwise, maybe pick up some Molly McButter or certain spices you don't have (splenda, too, if needed).

Also, do yourself a favor and measure yourself now. When the scale doesn't always show it, the tape measure might.

It's good to plan early! And, that box will get there much quicker than a week, I hope.
Don't really care as long as everything's better than yesterday was...

@}---- @}---- @}---- @}----
sidrah
Preferred member

Postby DogMa » July 21st, 2006, 4:39 pm

It's funny, I have some frozen veggies for emergencies, but I pretty much always eat only fresh veggies. I can't even remember the last time I had something canned. I find it much easier to buy just the right amount since I know exactly how much I'll be eating each day.

If you're doing the 5/1 (so having a lean and green meal), I'd be sure to get some chicken breasts. Maybe some pickles, sugar-free Jell-O and/or sugar-free Popsicles for your snack. Probably some bouillon (for a snack or in case you're feeling a little weak at first, or to add to the soups for flavor). Some folks also have tried low-carbing for a couple of days before they start, so they'll be in ketosis (and not hungry) before they cut their calories so drastically.

How are you about drinking water? If you have trouble drinking enough, some people suggest a pretty or fun container to help you keep track.

Oh, and given how quickly people change sizes at first - get a belt!!

Oh, and welcome!!
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby MARIE » July 21st, 2006, 4:55 pm

HI Allie-

First of all, WELCOME! :D I am fairly new myself---you have already gotten some great advice here.

I would just add that when my order came, I put it all in one area in my cupboard/pantry, so that I would go THERE for my meals, and not be searching around amidst other things that the rest of my family eats! Actually, I have not been tempted much at all by other foods--I think when you are so ready and make the decision mentally to do this, you'll really want to. It doesn't mean you won't have cravings, struggles, etc., but you have this forum and your own picture of YOU at your goal, which will probably come faster than you think when you follow the program.

I would also avoid as much as possible eating out the first couple weeks-it helps you get in the groove of Medi-fast and gives you will-power for the times you do eat out.

Water, Crystal Light, Starbucks iced tea w/ splenda--all great drinks!

Good luck and keep us posted!

:bananadance: Marie :coolnana:
MARIE
Trusted Member - #20 Club

Postby loriannk » July 21st, 2006, 5:39 pm

Just wanted to say Hello & Welcome!

Everyones advise is great! Drink lots of water!
3 kids ages 2, 8 & 9
loriannk
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Aloha & Welcome

Postby alohacate » July 21st, 2006, 6:29 pm

Aloha & Welcome to the best forum! Happy Shakin!
Height: 5'10 Age: 38 Start Date:6/24/06
51 pounds gone forever -I'm bringing sexy back
alohacate
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Hi

Postby dede4wd » July 21st, 2006, 6:54 pm

Hi Allie,
Welcome! I'm so glad you've made the decision to start shakin' with us! Your Medi-Grub will be here in NO TIME!

Ask us any questions you need to. I'm glad you're here!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby smartipantz » July 21st, 2006, 7:20 pm

You got some great advice however just a few more things to think about getting:

1. A scale - you can find an inexpensive scale for weighing your meat portions. It's too easy to eat too little or too much.

2. Sugar free syrups such as DaVinchis or Torani work great in the shakes for something a bit different.

Good luck in your weight loss adventure :) We'll be here for you :)
Restarted 9/29/08
1st month = 16.7 lbs
2nd month = 9.5 lbs
3rd month = 10.8 lbs
4th month = .4 lb /
smartipantz

Postby Aerie » July 21st, 2006, 7:30 pm

All great advice. If you work out of the home be sure you bring some of your non perishables to the office as well (tea bags, Splenda, a water bottle, diet drinks, boullion) I even have a pickle jar under my desk. Of course you'll stock your office with MF as well, once it arrives.

I did plan a last meal. Don't laugh; it was a huge bowl of Maccaroni and Cheese. A favorite since I was a child. It was great but all the carbs probably made my first few days extra tough. :x

By the way in case you haven't read the first 3-4 days are a killer. Check in often if you're feeling weak and you'll get all the support you need. Before long you'll be cruising right along. Good luck!
Aerie

Postby Arklahoma » July 22nd, 2006, 5:58 am

Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby JKSRN » July 22nd, 2006, 9:34 am

Happy you decided to come along with us!! WELCOME!!! :D :D :D
Joan
JKSRN
Preferred member

Postby Drama Queen » July 23rd, 2006, 2:04 pm

Welcome to the Forum!! When your MF arrives you'll feel like a kid on Christmas morning. Ask us any questions you might have. I look forward to celebrating your successes!
Start Date 1/22/06
Age 53 / Height 5'9"

Drama Queen
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Elke » July 23rd, 2006, 7:05 pm

I have no advice, you just got plenty so I will just say Welcome to the board
Elke
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby DntCryLilEmoGrl » July 23rd, 2006, 9:28 pm

congrats on your first order and finding this forum. you will be on your way in no time :D
"Soon to be mrs sexy pants"
lilemo's getting married on April 6th 2008!!!!!

started changing my life 5/15/06
restarted 10/01/07
DntCryLilEmoGrl

Next

Return to Come on in.