Just placed my order today!

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Just placed my order today!

Postby jene115 » January 29th, 2005, 2:46 pm

I'm new here and will be starting on MediFast next weekend. I just ordered 4 weeks of food and expect it to arrive by Wednesday.

I was on MediFast in 1987 and did very well on it, but missed chewing. Now that there's chili and bars and puddings, I don't see that being a problem anymore.

I have a question. I place my order under another "site" with another advisor but this forum is a lot more active. Can I order from both sites, or do I need to be "loyal" to one?

I have a ton of weight to lose and am looking forward to getting to the "other side."

Glad to be here! :D

Jen
jene115

Postby raederle » January 29th, 2005, 8:34 pm

Hey Jen-- Just wanted to tell you that I'm sure Nancy and Terry (the health advisors who host this forum) can answer your question in a jiff; they're both in Baltimore for an MF meeting, but they'll be back very soon!

I used to order direct from the Medifast site, but signed up with Nancy because I was so happy with the support and advice I found here. I pay the same exact prices, but I figured I'd rather give Nancy the business in return for how much I rely on this site!

Anyhoo, Nancy will know what the story is when she gets back. In the mean time, congratulations on coming back to MF! I can't imagine doing it with shakes only, but I know many here have done that. If you had success in 1987 with no solid food, I'm sure you'll be able to kick butt this time!

Best,
Rae
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
Reached goal (125) 3/27/05
New goal: 130
I'll reach it again, one day at a time
raederle
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby jene115 » January 30th, 2005, 8:39 am

Thanks Rae! Actually, I already set up my order on Autoship on the 15th of the month starting next month, but I believe I can cancel that and start over through makemethinner, rather than the one I ordered through. It was the first site I found, but the support forum over there is not active at all and goodness knows I need support! :felix:

I know I can do the complete program because of the soups and puddings and bars and chili. I don't think I could drink only shakes all day. I am a little worried about the very low calorie level, but I know my body will adjust. The 5 and 1 wouldn't work for me because, being single, I do not cook for myself and that's how I got into this predicament. Fast food is convenient, but it's a killer and to be honest, I'm sick to death of all of it. I have it all planned out now. Shake for my first meal, shake for the second meal, soup or chili for lunch, bar in the afternoon, then a shake for dinner and if I'm still hungry, another shake or pudding before bed. I am going to buy some celery too because I not only want the veggies, I also need the crunch that celery provides. I know with the added food choices on the complete program I can do it. If I did all shakes only, I would get bored too easily. I may do a few shakes only some days though and plan on buying extra boxes.

I am so looking forward to this. Back in 1987, I lost 11 pounds my first week and I wasn't near as heavy then as I am now. I am one of these people who needs to see results in the beginning. I can deal with plateaus, but just let me see some initial progress!
Jen
03/01/08
"I'm stronger than my cravings!"
jene115
Preferred member

Postby raederle » January 30th, 2005, 9:15 am

If you like dill pickles, you could stock up on those, too, for a good crunch. You can have 2 spears a day on top of the 3 stalks of celery. And don't forget bouillion and MF Fast Soups!

If you get sick of doing the shakes/supplements alone and want to try incorporating a meal on a 5 & 1 plan, you could always try the Essential One "instant foods." MF makes a chicken salad and tuna salad that you can pop right out of the shelf-stable bag (no fridge required), and they also have chicken breasts and burger patties that you "cook" by simply adding some hot water. If you can manage that, and grab a bag of pre-cut and pre-washed salad greens at the grocery store, you'd really be "cookin'"! Well, almost... ;)

Just a thought if you start to want to incorporate some more munchable stuff but don't want to trust yourself to make "real" food from scratch!
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
raederle

Postby jene115 » January 30th, 2005, 9:28 am

I may do the 5 and 1 down the road, but I want to start all on the complete program.

I don't like dill pickles at all. I would rather eat dust! I will, however, order some fast soups and crackers. I can't do bullion because of my edema. I have to watch the sodium for that and my high BP. I suspect that I will be off meds soon though and that will be a happy day!

I read in the FAQs that some people do the complete program during the week and the 5 and 1 during the weekends. I think that will work better for me once I get some weight off and feel more confident about eating "real" food. I will have to see how it goes.

Do people really eat dill pickles? :?
Jen
03/01/08
jene115
Preferred member

Postby raederle » January 30th, 2005, 10:59 am

LOL... I looooove dill pickles! When I was a kid I used to drink the brine right out of the jar when the pickles were all gone! (I admit, I sometimes still think about it now...)
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
raederle

Postby jene115 » January 30th, 2005, 11:19 am

LOL, I wish I did like them, it would give me an alternative "crunch." There are several foods I can't eat because they make me ill -- yogurt (makes me gag) and mushrooms (I get nauseous smelling them cook and just think they are overall grotesque.

I love baby gherkins though, wouldn't you know?
Jen
03/01/08
jene115
Preferred member

Postby monkeymom » January 31st, 2005, 12:13 pm

Oh wow.......dill pickles, that's what I forgot to get when I was stocking up on my supplies. Thanks for bringing that up rae, I love them!!

I'm just starting here too Jene.......day 3 today, all is going very well :)

Keep reading here and get as much info and as prepared as you can be before you start, I know all the info and recipes on here have been very helpful in my first few days.

I love your scale in your sig line........where do you find those things, if you don't mind me asking? (computer dummy here :mrgreen: )

Thanks......and good luck.......Vicki
monkeymom

Postby itsgonnaworkthistime » January 31st, 2005, 12:48 pm

Hi Jen,

Go to the Lean Cuisine Forum and look at the subject: I Found a GREAT snack!

Sounds like they have found a bread and butter and a sweet pickle that are MF compliant.

hope that helps.

Maura
Start Date: 1/2/2007
itsgonnaworkthistime
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby jene115 » January 31st, 2005, 8:04 pm

Thanks Maura, I'll check that out when I'm craving pickles. Right now, I just want my order to get here!
Jen
03/01/08
jene115
Preferred member

Return to Come on in.